Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 61033 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: The Light in the Darkness
« Reply #645 on: August 14, 2012, 06:18:33 pm »

If only because I reminded you :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 16, 2012, 10:29:05 am »

Don't forget the Church's soft power too. Those lands may be my fiefs, but those eople still look up to the church for spirritual guidance. If I'm declared an heretic, I'm facing a civil war within my fief.

If I can suggest a change, it's adding some more farmsteads in the Core, and divying them up between Azthor and Aeverys, and removing the fortress from Azthor's fief (As it stand, the fortress is both his and Dwarmin). Give him a town too, he's supposed to be a House Noble, not a retainer.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 16, 2012, 04:33:42 pm »

As i see it Sheb, Azthor has been given Military Leadership if i am not completely wrong ( i think i read that somewhere). Concerning the Farmsteads and stuff:

The Food you over produce will be automatically sold to Dwarmin and Azthor unless you clearly state that they can look for their own fucking Food. This gives a nice little power dynamic. This allows " poor" fiefs to still obtain an acceptable amount of money as the richer fiefs require food to not starve. Basically at the moment this allows sheb to reap some money from his relatively undeveloped lands by selling his food to Dwamins people.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 18, 2012, 08:01:23 am »

Well, it jsut seems weird that the Core has no farmland at all. Where did it get its food from? Also, if Dwarmin agree, I'd like to have both my and heir fiefs merged into a Royal Demesne, under Aeverys' control (When she is there, with me filling the gap right now). As far as I'm concerned, Roim is on her side, and it seems kinda weird to have separate holdings while we're married.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 18, 2012, 07:42:12 pm »

From teh Church Turn new Perks are rolling in:

Mercs: Granted to Mercenary Units
Every Man has a price
Starts with the "Bloodied Perk"-3 Morale

Desertborn: Being Recruited from a Desert Planet
Men Born on Planets like Mirrodan. The Desert doesn't favour the Strong but the Clever.
+2 Tactics-2 Strength

also new Parcel Upgrades these are however only for Church Players:

Komturei
Requires: Farmsteads
Description: A Komturei is mostly Farmland with the odd Monastery inbetween which makes sure that Tithes are delivered and provides a basic Draft of Manpower for Eccelsiarchical use.
Manpower: 2 Units
Food: 6 Units
Tax: 0 Credit

Ballei
Requires: Town
Description: Hubs of Educational, Training and Bureaucratic Facilitiesform a Ballei. They are entirely occupied by Church Personnel and contain enough living space to contain whole Regiments of Ecclesia Custodes
Manpower: 5 Units
Food: 0 Units

Bistum
Requires: Ballei/City
Description: As the Orthodoxy's influence on a Planet grows so those it's Hunger for Personnel. And that Personnel needs Room to live. A Bistum is an example for such Sprawling Centers of Church Influence
Manpower: 10 Units

Glassed Wasteland
Requires: Orbital Bombardement
Description: Too Liberal use of Lance or Plasma Bombardement annihilated all Life on the Parcel. It is basically Dead Land. Only through either very expensive Reclamation work or Underground Housing it can be reclaimed.
Manpower: 0 Units

« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 05:39:34 am by Ghazkull »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: The Light in the Darkness ( Accepting Players)
« Reply #650 on: August 19, 2012, 06:23:34 am »

New rules: House Functionaries.

Due to massive complaints about uneven Land Dividation and general inaction and confusion on House Leadership during the Absence of the Matriarch i will enter something new: House Functionaries. Each House needs a Number of People who take care of the Stuff the Matriarch/Patriarch can't do/aren't willing to do or simply lack the time to do. These Functionaries range from Master of Coin over Spymaster to the Guy in the Family who organizes cleaning efforts in the Summer Residence.

Current Functionaries in House Nova:

Although all these Functionaries have interesting powers, they still need to obey thier Matriarch on all Rulings.

Master of Intelligence: Azthor Nova
Description and Abilities: The Master of Intelligence takes care of all things undercover in the House. The Sprawling Network of Spies fills him in on anything interesting going on. All interesting Informations will be sent to him and him Personnaly per Pm. Apart from gathering Information unkown to others, he can also Process Covert Actions with a +1 Bonus.

Head Researcher: Trent Salyar
Description and Abilities: The Head Researcher, a most venerable position a House Retainer can attain. Concerned with the development of the House he directs in which direction the House develops. Without much actual power, but he is the first to get the Juicy new Technologies to test.

Warmaster and Fleetmaster: Nobody
Description and Abilities: Two Positions which can only be granted by the Matriarch herself. These Functionaries Organize the War Efforts and the various private Armies of the House.

Sword of the House: Roim Scaleskinner
Executioner, Peacekeeper, Champion. All these roles describe the Sword of the House. Usually represented by the best Warrior or Noble with the most Military, the Job of the Sword is to settle disputes. Of course the Nobles have the Right to fight among each other but in times of war such disputes can severly cripple Military Efforts. This is where the Sword comes into play, he is here to settle Disputes among the Nobles, Do Justice and in case of duels, defend the Honor of the House.

The Second: Roim Scaleskinner
As things are, often enough a Noble needs to depart his lands for some amounts of time and can't communicate to give Orders. However somebody needs to take care of these Lands during the departure of the Noble. This is were the Second comes into play, Chosen by the Matriarch or the Patriarch he is charged with taking care of all these lands and maintaining them during the absence of his colleague. In the end he gets nothing out of it but the unnending thanks of his compatriots.

There are of course Many more Different Functionary Positions but each House has different ones and not all are always needed. As things go Functionary Positions die and live on the whims of the Patriarchs or the Needs of the House.

News from Across the Planet

Archon issues Edict: Prohibitium Terra. Church retracts support.

Strange News indeed. Although the Archon has issued the Prohibitum Terra on the newly discovered Xeno-Lands, the Church has denied it's support in this Edict. This must have come to the Archon just as suprising as to you. This produces an unprecedented Possibility: Eccelsiarchical Lands in the New Xeno-Lands can be seized by Secular Powers. Of course most Houses wouldn't dare to attack the Church, although in this case nobody would have to fear the Inquisition...

Archon Claim on Xeno-Lands can be Defied without repercussions from the Orthodoxy

Archon issues Edict: Ecclesiastica Schola. Planet-Wide Research breaks down.

The Issuing of the Ecclesiastica Schola has led to a Planetwide Drop in Research as Learned people flee the Planet left and right or go into hiding. Hardest hit Houses are Cr'tok and Nova.

Research is temporarily slowed.

Strange Lights over Xeno-Lands sighted. Giant Clouds of Black Ash Rain on Nova Lands

Lately Unnatural Things have been going on. Sailors reported Strange Aurora Borealis over the newly discovered Xeno-Lands. Reports indicate that shortly thereafter Clouds of Black Ash darkened the Night-Sky and blotted out the Stars.

3 Parcels have been turned into unusable Glass Wasteland.

Reports from Vengeance: Mutant Coalition strikes back.

Triumvirate Traders bring Horrible News: The Crusade on Vengeance is being pushed back! A mighty Coalition of the local Mutant Coalition has risen and is determined on driving back the Crusaders. Reports have it that many important Church Officials are evacuating while Jurislav Lightbringer is organizing a counter-offensive.

Story Event for Aeverys and Tavius.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 19, 2012, 06:59:54 am »

After Trent departs....

Luthias observed his console as it displayed the mapping data over and over again. The greenish hue of the screen illumnated his face in a stark contrast to the silent marble faces of the leaders past, submerged in the twilight.

It was worse than he feared. Xenos are numerous and dug in deeply. Although he could go on and glass all of their settlements, he would end up with half of the planet being a scorched wasteland. Not exactly what the Church asked him to do.
And why did they deny him support? Was it because he was too slow? was it because he decided to wipe out xenos from the sky? Either way, he had to deal with it.

And the research breaking down.... that wasn't good either. Maybe he panicked too much, but Nova aren't setted without Averys, and Si'kar still suffers the existence of xenos. Other houses are suffering too, and are small in number. These people simply weren't ready for knowledge yet, as long as the world was unsafe.
There was simply not enough manpower on Si'kar to make this into a short conflict. To siege each hive with nothing but muskets, to engage in protracted and heavy war that could easily bleed the humans out and leave the vermn untouched; he could not do that. The planet had no heavy industry, no mass manufacturing or even the most basic manufactorum wher things are done by hand in an ordered process. How could he wage war if not with swords and carrying it on for decades?

Solution had to be swift, radical and extreme. Even the power-armoured crusaders would be overwhelemd by numbers, but recruitment had to be started. Grey overcoats, muskets and backpacks, pickaxes and shovels, this was the most that this planet's poor econmy was capable of. And it had to do.   

Information form other worlds was not making him happy at all. Reformist cause was under siege, and he was stuck in Soma System. Hell, he was unable to even map other worlds in the system either. Triumvirate transport was the only way, but they were expensive and Luthias wanted to use his own frigates to jump in and help out on Mirrodan and to finally get Aeverys off Vengeance.
It seemed that he would be stuck on Si'kar for some time still.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 07:09:06 am by Ardas »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 19, 2012, 07:07:56 am »

((As The Second, can I appoint myself Fleetmaster? Also, how do these post interact with troops that belong to other noble? Could the Warmaster give orders to someone else's troops?))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 19, 2012, 07:10:00 am »

((How can you be a fleetmaster if you have no ships to speak of? and don't tell me that wooden sailboats count, because they don't.))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 19, 2012, 08:05:05 am »

((Warmaster then. I just wanted to know exactly what my power were, and if I could relieve Azthor from his duties as spymaster for exemple.))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 19, 2012, 09:17:17 am »

Nope you can't as Second you merely take care of other peoples shit when they are inactive, currently not in a position to manage their lands or simply off to a vacation. It grants you no Power concerning the distribution of Functionary Jobs.

As a Warmaster/Fleetmaster, you give the general Battle Plan. Lets Say Azthor,You and Trent bring their Armies to bear, the Warmaster would be in charge and decide the Strategy you use in the end. You can't however give orders to other people's troops against their will.

In other words to prevent everybody fromd evising his own tactic and run off alone against an enemy, you more or less coordinate the Stuff as Warmaster.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 19, 2012, 09:29:13 am »

((Okay, I think a got a plan. Oh, and which parcel got glassed?))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 19, 2012, 09:51:30 am »

Trent sat on a horse looking down at the land below, plains, forests, hills, and villages dotted the wild lands and the thought made him smile as he turned to his guards and spoke up. "I'm taking this land, go occupy the largest building in the closest village and give the owner some money as reimbursement. After that, well lets just see how things go." With that he road slowly down the hill, and his soldiers flew past him as they made their way to the closest village. Trent smiled and thought, "Today is going to be the start of something interesting."

Current Orders
Research:
Further Research into Weaponry
Begin research into energy (AKA Combustion Engine)
Further manufacturing via Research (AKA Machining Equipment, and such)

Orders:
Lay claim to 10 parcels of Wild Lands in the Reaches
Occupy said parcels with my Xeno regiment and take residence in them
Recruit a regiment of militia from my new territory
Pool the rest of my money and fund the construction of a fortress (medieval - renaissance era fort)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 10:59:54 am by adwarf »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 19, 2012, 09:58:38 am »

((You're really invading my fief? For real? Man, I hope your plan include having Church backing and starting a civil war, because that's the only way you won't get your ass kicked faster than you can say "Sorry, I tough this was were I parked my car"))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 19, 2012, 10:49:35 am »

Roim was in his war room, surrounded by his more trusted generals, all veterans from the Great Conquest. In the current context, and with Azthor's spies hiding in every nook and crannies, those were the only men he could trust. Even the guards had been sent away, for Roim feared many of them had become Azthor's informant.

"All our reports indicate that the Archon simply do not have the troops to run this Crusade in an efficient fashion. And with the Church's mandate, we can assume he will soon have no way to respond to further perturbations. I suggest we use that window of opportunity to invade many of the smaller nobles, a second Great Conques!" said Aerthius. Aerthius was the most influencial of the War Council's hawk. A gifted tactical mind, but somewhat lacking on the strategic level. War was always the solutions to him.

"That would be dumb. We can get them to swear allegiance to us by diplomacy, and the Inquisition won't let us fight against fellow followers of the Pancreator.

What we need to do is to make a go for the Xeno Continent. There is land for the taking, and we could do with more fief, to keep Azthor's relative influence as small as possible."
. That was Jonas, probably the most religious of the general around the table. For this reasons he was not fully trusted, but his brilliant mind won him a place in the War Council anyway.

Well, I'm not sure about that. Leading troops on another continent? Who would be left to defend the Matriarch's interest in the House? I'm afraid I'm just bound here for now. We still need to prepare for any plan. Jonas, I want you to hurry with the requisitioning of sailship, and the building of new one. We're at least need the capability to intervene on the Xeno continent...

Everyone stopped talking when a servitor entered the room. The security rule were tight, and a general had already been banned from the Council for talking when a guard was present. The servitor gave a slip of paper to Roim, who read it and burst laughing.

Ahah, this is almost too funny! That little brat, Trent, somehow assembled a ragtag militia and is laying claim to the whole Criptian peninsula. Well, he need to be taught a lesson. Aerthius, take 10 regiment with you offer him the following ultimatum. Either he shall renounce his claim and publicly apologize, or he shall be taken for judgement in front of the Pancreator, in a duel with the Sword of the House. I'll try not to kill him, but loosing will cost him his troops and fiefs.

Oh, and take the Serfs with you, they might benefit from the experience.

Aerthius saluted and went his way, happy for the prospect of combat.

Now gentlemen, if you excuse me I have a meeting with my economic advisors.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 06:01:19 am by Sheb »

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 89