Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 61031 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: The Light in the Darkness
« Reply #630 on: August 11, 2012, 12:39:02 am »

It goes without saying that I'd rather Sheb didn't hold 80% of the income and army while I hold but a hundredth.
Yes, but it makes sense IG, he is the King, and previous ruler of those lands while you are simply a member of house nova just recently in action.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 11, 2012, 12:48:50 am »

It goes without saying that I'd rather Sheb didn't hold 80% of the income and army while I hold but a hundredth.
Yes, but it makes sense IG, he is the King, and previous ruler of those lands while you are simply a member of house nova just recently in action.

Previous ruler? Yes, that is true. But King? Where did you get that from?

More importantly, he will be utterly and absolutely favored for having taken over a NPC if he gets that much land. I am fine with the two of us getting small amounts of land while the Matriarch (Dwarmin) gets the bulk of it, but as it stands he'd have an overwhelming advantage without having had to compete for it.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 11, 2012, 12:56:34 am »

He may have that land, but keep in mind when i say King its simply a title, he has less power then you think he does. When Dwarmin's here, her character as the Matriarch has the most power, so no matter if he does have that land most of the income would go to her anyway. And being the King, which as I said earlier is more a title, that does give him the power to act in her stead when she is not at the house to control its on goings.

EDIT: So no matter how you look at it he'll have an advantage at the moment simply because Aeverys is not around to have that power.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 11, 2012, 03:38:09 am »

Wha adwarf said: this division of land makes sense IC. You can contest Roim's rights to the core lands however, since he is a consort to the matriarch,, not a Novan by blood. besides, you can always find help in other places that are less friendly to Roim...

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 11, 2012, 10:07:42 am »

Ok finished my Updtae stuff for Military and Land...suggestions complaints, anything?

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 11, 2012, 11:16:55 am »

He may have that land, but keep in mind when i say King its simply a title, he has less power then you think he does. When Dwarmin's here, her character as the Matriarch has the most power, so no matter if he does have that land most of the income would go to her anyway. And being the King, which as I said earlier is more a title, that does give him the power to act in her stead when she is not at the house to control its on goings.

EDIT: So no matter how you look at it he'll have an advantage at the moment simply because Aeverys is not around to have that power.

There is no doubt as to that Dwarmin is the ruling Queen (Matriarch), hence, Roim is Prince Consort, not King. Rest assured, he can probably smoke me with a 99,99% chance of success as things stand.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 11, 2012, 11:25:36 am »

There is no doubt as to that Dwarmin is the ruling Queen (Matriarch), hence, Roim is Prince Consort, not King. Rest assured, he can probably smoke me with a 99,99% chance of success as things stand.
I was using King as a general term didn't literally mean he was king, but of course he could smoke you with the difference in land, but that is entirely negligible because if you two get in a civil war the deciding factor wouldn't be land, but which side the Church (AKA Ardas) sees fit to aid in that situation.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 11, 2012, 11:28:42 am »

I was using King as a general term didn't literally mean he was king, but of course he could smoke you with the difference in land, but that is entirely negligible because if you two get in a civil war the deciding factor wouldn't be land, but which side the Church (AKA Ardas) sees fit to aid in that situation.

I dare disagree, Ardas may have a powerful army in his crusade, yes, but one must take in account that it is both (relatively) far from the Novan corelands and unlikely that he'd be able to divert said troops for another purpose before fulfilling the Inquisition's demands.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 11, 2012, 11:35:21 am »

You forget my dear azthor, that I have two working ships and it takes me no more than couple of hours to get anywhere on the planet via suborbital flight. I also have working cannons and comms.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 11, 2012, 11:53:31 am »

You forget my dear azthor, that I have two working ships and it takes me no more than couple of hours to get anywhere on the planet via suborbital flight. I also have working cannons and comms.

I had forgotten about the frigate, that ship does have a way of changing things, yes :P

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 14, 2012, 06:06:02 am »

Note: Sheb seems to have been inactive for the last 10 days.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 14, 2012, 06:20:24 am »

I would not mind moving on, but Sheb is one of the central characters. I suspect that he is away on holiday. He might be back, but delaying this is annoying. besides, the big event now is my crusade that I'm about to launch. Ghaz is yet to process my turn and I would like to get moving so that Averys can be freed form plot prison.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:24:28 am by Ardas »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 14, 2012, 05:33:41 pm »

I don't mind waiting a bit further, chances are that Sheb will be back from the 18th onwards, as per another thread.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 14, 2012, 05:56:07 pm »

Yup, I'll, just gimme a few more days.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 14, 2012, 06:00:45 pm »

I love how everyone is forgetting Taricus is also with Dwarmin :3 Poor Tari don't worry I still remember.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 89