Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 61019 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: Inquisition Symphony
« Reply #540 on: June 15, 2012, 12:48:50 pm »

Ah thanks sheb, that makes it much easier to deal with all the orders...

On a side note i pmed Kestrel and Riccto and if i dont get an answer till this evening i will remove them from the game and in case of Riccto a interesting side story will open. Mainly of Interest for Azthor and Luthias...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 15, 2012, 04:19:19 pm »

((You're welcome, I've ran forum game before, and I know how much of a pain in the ass they can be to run. Actually, one of my order is just a request for information, so I'd like to know it now: What would it cost to hire merchants ships to either: a) Move at least half of the army to the unknown continent, or b) Send a couple regiments to Vengeance?))

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 15, 2012, 04:25:53 pm »

((Ardas, expect some delay with the answer, I am looking for a specific quote I vaguely remember, yet fits our conversation immensaly))

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 15, 2012, 09:13:55 pm »

I just need to know 2 things: What is the current story (TL:DRed) and what role can I play?
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 15, 2012, 09:55:20 pm »

I just need to know 2 things: What is the current story (TL:DRed) and what role can I play?

((Your character is still there. In fact, considering you voluntarily gave Aeverys the role, you probably have the best claim to being Lord Regent in her absence))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 16, 2012, 02:28:10 am »

So, Garth (The old Archon died) and Luthias (Ardas) replaced him. Aeverys married me, and that brought a third of the planet under Novan Rule. Then, the Inquisition stepped in, sent Aeverys on a hellhole of a planet, and there is a kind of power struggle between Azthor and me.

Oh, and Luthias keep trying to grab as much things as he can (he gave up claiming 10% of our income, but now he want our research team), in order to save Aeverys, although how exactly is never clear.

Missed anything?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 16, 2012, 02:43:37 am »

((FFFFF- sorry guys but a wild Pub Tour appeared and stopped me from doing Update...trying to do it now...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 16, 2012, 02:56:19 am »

((I have my ways to rewscue her, but if I told you without some kind assurance to my interests I would be exposing myself to your attacks. Besides, I like to keep it a mystery :o))

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 16, 2012, 03:37:53 am »

((Placeholder))
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 03:44:43 am by Azthor »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: The Light in the Darkness
« Reply #549 on: June 16, 2012, 04:38:15 am »

((Well, might be true, but from Roim's point of view, would you trust someone that say he's got a way to save someone without giving any detail if only you give him research team/income/whatever? You gotta admit it totally sound like a con man. :p Even more so if that guy had a hand in making that person disappear in the first place (at least from Roim's POV.

Ghazkull, if you roll a turn, don't forget to do it for Dwarmin/Tavius' player as well. We have plenty of fun with our power struggles here, but they're kinda removed from the game and sure could need some love.))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 16, 2012, 08:52:06 am »

((OOC in case i forget it Ardas remind me that you get:
1 Regiment Crusader power Armour Soldiers (Power Armour,Fusion Weaponry, Zealous, May Disband Randomly, no upkeep) ))

House Nova

Aeverys and Tavius

After nearly half a year the Inquisitional Ship reaches the Lightbringer-System. The view that is offered to you once you leave the Slip Space is nigh undescribable. In front of a vista of a massive brown miasmic Dust Cloud clings the tiny speck of Vengeance. The Class G Star tries to penetrate the thick Cloud but only delivers a sickening brown-reddish light onto the planet. As you come closer you can see hat the Planet is a vast Wasteland, not only by nature but also bearing the impacts of Eternal War. The Seas are of an unkown Grey-Brown Fluid and barely distinguish themselves from the rest of the Wastelandish Surface of the Planet. The Bane Divine stays in Orbit as a ship of it's size would propably break upon entry into the atmosphere. The two of you are brought down onto the surface in massive Landing Boats and with you several thousand troops touch the Ground of Vengeance. Before you are allowed to leave the Lander you are handed Gas Masks to survive the Poisonous Atmosphere of the Planet. A very old Diesel Truck awaits you and drives you towards the Fortress of the local Archon: The Holy Saint Jurislav Lightbringer.

You find yourself soon in an antechamber to the mans office. The office of the Archon is simple, everything not serving a purpose has been removed, giving the room a form of simple elegance and effectiveness. Jurislav himself is a stout man. Although he must by now be far beyond his 130s his eyes are filled with a grim determination of many years of war. Although you knew that in the Old Empire the common age limit was somewhere around that measure ( due to many advances in Medicine, people who where chronologically aged 100 were biologically aged 50.) you always thought that due to the Anti-Aging-Drugs. This man however was the prime example of dignified aging. His white hair was receding and left the top of his had a blank platter. His body looked almost frail if not for the strange body armor he was wearing.

Outcomes:

You have arrived on Vengeance

Ssalosin

no actions...

Ssalosin Support Loss: 1%

Rigos

The Soldiers Rigos has taken with him have returned without him. They say that he had challenged Lord Ravenwood to a Duel and died.

Rigos whereabouts are unkown

Trent

It takes quite some time to find more Xeno Slaves which could be used as soldiers, as your interests are cross with those of the Gladiator Schools and a fierce bidding War begins. In whole you pay 10 Credits for the Slaves, a ridiculous Price. In unison with the Nova Researchers and Engineers and scrambling through the Vault you manage to procure enough Armors and Weapons and modify them for the Reptilian Xenos, to arm a single Regiment of Xeno Militia.

Your Research Issues are met by the Researchers with Disdain. A way of transporting Goods faster has been already devised: the Railroad System, which yb the way hasn't been finished yet. On the Matter of Helicopters they tell you that the necessary Research is done but the Infrastructure is not that far. However key parts of building a suitable Infrastructure would include the following:

NEW SIDE MISSION: Ride of the Valkyries:

a working Railroad System,
More and Bigger Mines,
Modernized Mining Equipment,
Modernized Schools,
the Proper Industrial base,
Electricity,
Plastic,
Electronics,
Combustion Engines.

Outcomes:

You have lost 10 Credits
You have lost 1 Artifact

You have gained 1 Xeno Militia Regiment (Xenos, Kevlar Armor, Imperial Weaponry)
NEW SIDE MISSION: Ride of the Valkyries

Azthor

Construction of a HQ for your Secret Police turns out to be the lesser of two problems. The other being the location. After finishing the Building all builders involved...vanish. The sheer amount of extra Costs for that are astronomic...

You again invest money into extra training for soldiers, a contact with the Triumvirate even provides you with a Veteran from Mirrodan who agrees to train your troops. However even he can't do much more your troops need some action and battlefield experience to become even better Warriors.

You personally tutor the new Officer in Advanced Warfare with minor successess. Apparently most of what you wanted to teach them they already knew so  the lessons for them quickly turn into heated discussions over which tactic would be superior in which situation, however this still brings some enlightening revelations.

The staged campaign against the Bandits is a full success, in real life as in propaganda. People believe in the Security of the Realm once more and the Minor Nobles at your borders mostly stopped complaining, with the notable exception of Lord Ravenwood and several of his allies. But all in all the Bandit Threat has been exterminated.

Through a healthy dose of Vitamin Currency the road systems are finished completely and travelling in the Reaches has once more become a safe and quick endeavour. Although quick has to be seen relatively.

The Police forces are currently outfitted with the best weaponry available. So instead money goes into the establishment of a Basic Farming Economy. Instead of Every citizen producing and planting crops only to feed himself and selling anything that he doesnt need, people now start to deliberately use their land to produce more than they need and sell the surplus. In unison with the Establishment of Mining Facilities and Pre-Enlightenment Industry ( aka Small Guilds of Craftsmen) the economy flourishes enormously.

With the Economic Power of your Land finally put to use people want to be educated in more manners than just the spirit. They adore the idea of Schools that teach Mathematics and Writing and hunger for more. You soon learn that the current level of education is not sufficient when the Ordos Medicae refuses to expand into the Reaches: they simply lack the Manpower. Although you threw enormous amounts of money into the establishment of their headquarter, they note that most people aren't educated enough and they can't lose their time teaching people how to read and add when they should be trained in Medicine.

Malcador sighs as he hears that even more money is to be used to establish wells and cesspits in every town,village and even remote hamlets. The sheer manpower needed for this additionaly project is barely available...barely.

The New Colosseum Project is so massive in Scale that it currently cannot be undertaken, lack of manpower and the natural resources being the problem. The Marble deliveries for the Colosseums are hanging behind schedule. Many deliverers complain that the transport costs are too high since LeGrombe has issued new tolls regarding Marble transport. New Marble Taxes all over LeGrombe and Ravenwood lands make import almost impossible. Strangely even the Triumvirate refuses to deliver ware directly to you, menitioning that LeGrombe as the Main Triumvirate contact on the planet nad as it stands all wares have to be delivered through his lands as he is the only person having a Spaceport on the planet, and the massive Triumvirate Prowlers cant land on mere ground.

Outcomes:

+20% Azthor Support
+10% Roim Support

-8% Rigos Support Loss
-22% Aeverys Support Loss

Lost 887 Credits

gained Secret Police HQ
gained Ordos Medicae HQ
eradicated Bandit Threat
gained Paved Roads
gained Basic Farming Economy
gained Pre-Enlightenment Schools
gained Pre-Enlightenment Mines
gained Pre-Enlightenment Industry
gained Basic Sanitation
aquired Side Mission: We learn not for others but for Ourselves

Side Mission Completed: The Broken Empire
After the Last Stone has been set and even the most remote Village has been connected to the Road-System, you realize that the Census was wrong, in fact you have 100 Million people more than expected in your Country. That means 100 Million more tax payers. With access to basic law and order aswell as policing, people have taken matters in their own hands. Specifically the Minor Nobles. They are streamlining the Process of Law and Order and through the increase of Taxes start to field their own Town Guards and Police Forces.

Population Increased in the Reach: 100 Units
Law and Order has been upgraded to Advanced
Policing has been upgraded to Advanced

Roim

The matter of Gladiators is a peculiar one the idea of turning battlefields into massive arena fights attracts the Arena Owners but since you possess no reliable way for long range communication (like TV) with which to reach the masses, they refuse...

Fiddling around with the old communication relays of Delta-17 your engineers manage to get a contact with the inquisition. A shoddy one but at least something. Messages go back and forth and it takes nearly a month before you get a proper answer. They tell you that you are to stand down from entering the lands until the Crusade has been fulfilled and the Archon has atoned for his sins. In the same message they send an order to the Soldier-Priests to move back to Church-Lands and support Archon Luthias in his Crusade.

Your Triumvirate Contact quickly estimates that a geographic scan could be quickly done and that they actually already have maps. They sell them to you for 5 creds. However at requests of moving troops to Vengeance they start laughing. That Planet is prohibited to Church Navy or ships serving the Church. Anybody without Church purpose entering that Space will be declared Excommunicate Traitoris. However they tell you that there are enough Regiments of Mirrodan Mercs ,who would gladly serve somebody who pays better than the Church, on the Planet. They also tell you that if you persuade a High Church Official to let you join the Crusade on Vengeance, Your Troops would be shipped for free, of course they would still make money as the Church would pay for the fare...

Negotiations with the Nobles turn out to be still fruitless mostly because all of them have either joined Lord Ravenwood in an "Alliance" against you or have been bribed by LeGrombe. All attempts of persuasion are ignored and most tell you that they won't join you Period.

At least the Building of the Temples goes forward just pleasantly. They are finished quickly and soon teh Miniscule Shrines of the Archon are forgotten and abandoned.

Outcomes

Lost 105 Credits
gained Temples
gained Map of Cr'tok

Research and Side-Missions:
Side-Mission: Ride of the Valkyries: Full-Steam into the Future ,Industrialized Mines, Modern School-System,Modern Industry,Electricity,Plastic,Electronics,Combustion Engines.
Side-Mission: First, do not Harm Unified Medicinal Guide, Medical Guild, Hospital System
Side-Mission:Opium for the Masses Massive Stone Colosseum, Gladiatorial Schools, Nation-Wide Arenas, Animals, Bigger Nation Wide Arenas.
Side-Mission: Full-Steam into the Future Coal-Processing and Railroad invented,Coal and Iron Mining Production Facilities, Nation-Wide Railroad-System
Side-Mission: Money does indeed stink Fertilizers development and mass production...
Side-Mission: MI Noob Headquarter Training, Spy Network, Official Acknowledgment,

Events

Vengeance: Rumours have it that the Mutant Clans are uniting under a Single Warlord.

Random Events:

Stability:

Bandits are almost non-existant
The Minor Nobles are pleased
The Mob is mildly optimistic
The Xeno-Slaves are complaining
The Army is content
Your Coffers are (propably) empty
The Ordos Medicae demands more manpower
The Gladiator Guilds are requesting more Arenas
The Police Forces are fine

House Nova

Influence: Small
Church Standing:Outcast
Coffers:
Technologic Artifacts:2 Units

Technology
Aerodynamics
Rifling
Basic Medicine
Railroads
Steam Engine

Military
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Status Planet Si'kar:

Control:
Church: 20%
House Nova: 35%
Minor Noble Houses: 15%
Feudal Kingdoms: 5%
Primitive Xenos: 27%

Population under your Influence:
Inhabitants: 318 Units, 6 Unit Xenos ( 1 Unit = 1.000.000 people)
Stability: unstable
Religion: 98% Cult, 1% Agnostic, 1% Animalistic
Healthcare: Dirty
Education: Pre-Enlightenment

Support:

+20% Azthor Support
+10% Roim Support
-8% Rigos Support Loss
-22% Aeverys Support Loss

Ssalosin: 7 %
Aeverys: 38%
Trent: 0%
Azthor: 40 %
Tavius: 0%
Roim: 15%

House Guard Loyality: Roim/Aeverys
Power Armor Loyality: Aeverys
House Military Loyality: Azthor/Roim
Church Support: Azthor
Advisor Malcador: Neutral/leaning towards Azthor
Minor Nobles: Neutral*
Slaves: Trent
Ordos Medicae: Aeverys/Azthor
Gladiator Guild: Roim/Azthor
Secret Service: None*
Police Forces: Roim

Infrastructure:
Spoiler:  Core Lands (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Reaches (click to show/hide)

Economy:

Taxes:
Standard Tithe: 318 Credits
Penalties and Bails: 318 Credits

Agriculture: (138 Unit populace, 5 Unit Xenos)
Sustenance Farming:  276 Units
Basic Farming Economy: 276 Units
Slave Farming: 10 Units
Consumption: 318 Units
Stores: 487 Units
------------------------------------------------------------
Stores: 731 Units +244 Units Growth

Entertainment:
Base Income: 25 Credits
Interspecies Fights: +25 Credits
Gladiator Guilds: +25 Credits
Guild Maintenance: -10 Credits
Arena Maintenance: -5 Credits
Interspecies Maintenance: -1 Credit

Geological: (80 Units populace)
Basic Income: 80 Credits
Pre-Industrial: 80 Credits

Industry: (80 Units populace)
Basic Income: 80 Credits
Pre-Industrial: 80 Credits

Farming: (138 Units)
Basic Farming Economy : 138 Credits

Religious: (318 Units)
Temple Tithe: 954 Credits
Church Tithe: - 859 Credits

Treasury:

Coffers:                   381 Credits
Facility Maintenance:   61 Credits
Other Expenses:       1002 Credits
Soldier Pay:                 57 Credits
Geological Income: 160 Credits
Industrial Income:  160 Credits
Farming Income:     138 Credits
Ent. Income:          59 Credits
Taxes:                   636 Credits
Tithe Skim:            95 Credits
Church Tribute:         51 Credits

Spoiler:  Soma System (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 16, 2012, 09:09:48 am »

What we moved ahead with the taking over of the school? I purposefully left that out of the orders, because Azthor just promised not to do it. :/

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 16, 2012, 09:16:41 am »

((not sure what I'm supposed to do here.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 16, 2012, 09:22:06 am »

Maybe...talk to the Archon?

and concerning the schools i merely did what was pmed...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 16, 2012, 09:23:03 am »

((Schools were taken over, or were supposed to be under my "Ecclesiastica Schola" edict. What I was agreeing upon is merely to confirm that you consent to it and to agree on taking over of your temples. I have also several other things to ask and find out myself though. And Yes, I will remind you about the Crusader regiment. How is one supposed to understand "Fusion weaponary" though? How are they different form Imperial weapons? ))
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 09:28:35 am by Ardas »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 89