Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 61016 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: Inquisition Symphony
« Reply #525 on: June 14, 2012, 07:15:13 am »

"Well then good day Roim, the life of a King is hard when the days are filled with danger, just beware the wolves prey on those they believe to be weak." Trent grinned as he spoke before readjusting his hood, and turning to face the door. Placing the coin in his pocket he made his way out the door, and down the hallway heading for his labs in the lower parts of the fortress.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 14, 2012, 10:25:27 am »

((OOC: Apologies for Non-Updates, Exams are again standing battering against my gates....anyway a turn update my come tomorrow before im completely drowned in learning...after that however this will go on hiatus fro 1 or 2 months...you know the drilll XP anyway to the Support, Rigos and Kestrel will be kept in and slowly losign support when they not answer. However next Turn Update Rigos and Ssalosin both will be victims of "accidents" if they do not answer...all Aeverys dubbed Units, will however side with Roim during her absence...the lack of Support for Roim, is simply due to his recent inaction and although he had conquered one third of the planet, he didn't really "rule" it, besides it gets to complicated to deprive other players of their support in a fair way and give it to Sheb...Trent and Tavius both have no Support due to being unkown to the Public...)

Support:
Ssalosin: 7 %
Aeverys: 60%
Rigos: 8%
Trent: 0%
Azthor: 20 %
Tavius: 0%
Roim: 5%

House Guard Loyality: Roim/Aeverys
Power Armor Loyality: Aeverys
House Military Loyality: Azthor/Roim
Church Support: Azthor
Advisor Malcador: Neutral/leaning towards Azthor
Minor Nobles: Neutral*
Slaves: Neutral
Ordos Medicae: Aeverys
Gladiator Guild: neutral
Secret Service: None*
Police Forces: Roim

And to explain the other thing i seem to get ask every two pages: those Support Units who are listed like Roim/Azthor, both pledge their loyality to both players. If one of you decides to kill the other, the support for every single Unit will be rolled and may end you up with 1 percent or 99% of the lads. In Case of the Military or the Police Forces this may make up massive Chunks of Troops...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:28:26 am by Ghazkull »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 14, 2012, 10:34:34 am »

Great, thanks!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 14, 2012, 03:35:13 pm »

I see no problem with your terms, if only you will compromise to a few concessions. For starters, whereas I strongly support the faith's involvement in the populace's education, You have agree that the current degree of intellectual acumen for the vast majority of the individuals under Nova rule is deplorable at best; if given control over the realm's educational facilities, it is only fair that you be held accountable for improving said ratings, even if it takes Nova funding. Likewise, I shall not stand for Reformed bias: should they choose to adopt the Reform later in their lives, that will be their choice, but, the children are not to be taught such precepts within state-sponsored facilities.

While it is only fair that you, as the Si'kar Archon, be given ultimate authority over the realm's religious matters, including the condition of its religious infrastructure, I will veto Nova the right to fund improvements on said infrastructure in the name of the faith. However, you will be given control over both the priesthood and the tithes which would usually head straight for the Church proper. You will also be granted access to the research team, as requested, although I expected at least part of whatever is uncovered to be imparted to the House at a later date.

Remember that, unlike my fellow nobles, I fully support said "Black Robes" in their many endeavors, rescuing Aeverys without proving her innocence first is borderline blasphemous. In a similar light, whereas you are right in that the diocese depends on the tithes provided by the realm's faithful, you are, in all but name, a noble, in that you are currently holding a rather significant amount of land, Your Eminence. How may Nova's reunification efforts be ever successful if no less than 30% of the planet is held by spiritual authorities, in lieu of the planet's temporal authority? Know that, barring orders from the Orthodoxy stating otherwise, I eventually expect the land to which Nova, as the planet's foremost noble family and proprietor during the Imperial era, is entitled to be returned, just as you are you to be given control over the realm's spiritual matters.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:47:28 pm by Azthor »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 14, 2012, 05:06:26 pm »

"I believe your terms are rather reasonable, but I must clear you up on two issues you seem to have confused.

Firstly, there is no such thing as "Reformist bias", whatever is supposed to be under that name. There is only one Church and one doctrine. We teach from one catechism and have only one God. What you seem to have confused is the particular 'theological' and philosophical stances of particular Archons and doctors of the Church with actual doctrine of faith. What you term as 'reformist' or 'orthodoxy' exists, but rather as point of view rather than a different vesrion of faith. For example, one could name Trent a 'technologist' while Roim can be named a 'militarist' due to their worldviews and methods of going about things, but they both work within and for House Nova, don't they?
So don't worry about schools or the faithful. After all, I am supposed to be a person you can trust. you don't even have to fund them, it would be unfair of me. I will be supporting house Nova via those schools however, once we are in agreement.

Second issue is the issue of land. Church as an entity exists because it has firm material support. And believe me, fleets of starships and various installations cannot be sustained from mere temple donations. Manufactoria, mines, cities and shipyards have to exist for Church use to sustain it. Right now Church is the only organistaion that holds mankind together and maintains a working interstellar travel. All of the proceedings from land on Si'kar, be it industry, taxes or the tithes are sent to the main Administratum and Ecclesia, while I am managing the diocese out of my own coffer, hence my need for temples and schools. So whatever land I administer is not mine to give. I only draw personnel, nothing more. Now, for some reason your entire House got into their mind the idea to claim the entire Si'kar as their own. I'm sure you are aware that greed is a sin? I believe that history shows that Church and other nobility had its own holdings here too prior to the fall of the Imperium.
Its not my place to tell you what you should be planning, but I am unable to surrender even an inch of land to you. I am a mere custodian, not an owner. this a matter for you to discuss with my superiors, not me."

Archon then picked up a piece of paper.

"I have prepared an agreement to keep the matters of this discussion private and to commit to the matters agreed. I assume I have your word? I retain control over all spiritual matters and facilities like temples and schools and accesss to your science team in exchange for rescue of Averys and full support of your temporal rule over Si'kar, with the exception of church estate (which isn't my actual property to begin with). My edicts are within the power of my office and form a part of the planetary administration of the diocese, so you have to obey them regardless. Is there anything you wish to add? Once you sign, I will reveal to you the technology that I'm prepared to share with you. But ONLY you. Roim must not know."
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 04:21:31 am by Ardas »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 14, 2012, 06:30:26 pm »

((@Ardas: I am unsure as to wheter the last paragraph holds true. I am writting that primarily to try and define a bit more of the setting, but the Church may genuinely have held land in its name and Nova may have been a Minor House; if you feel any of what I've put there is wrong, don't take it in character, tell me and I will ask Ghazkull; otherwise my own character will pass for too much of a fool  ;)))

"Very well, however, before I sign this document, I will have you add two clauses, to take place immediatly:"

1. House Nova reserves the right to demand reparations or, in persistent cases, reappropriate all churches and schools should:
- The diocese fail in their duty of educating the masses;
- "     "          "    to provide sufficient infrastructure for the faithful.

2. Should land within the planet ever come into direct ownership of the Si'kar diocese, the current Archon agrees to pass it to House Nova.

Also, Your Eminence, there may have been a few mistakes in your interjection, much as they may be irrelevant to this contract. The Church is not the sole organization still capable of interstellar travel; I doubt you've forgotten about the Triumvirate. Likewise, never did the Church hold land directly prior the fall; imperial propriety first and foremost, they were merely ceded to the Church by the Emperor, may he return. Finally, allow me to remind of the meaning behind a Greater Noble House, or at least what it was back when a noble's rights were recognized: we ruled Si'kar, every single atom of it, yet you call it greed that we'd try and retrieve that which is ours by ancestral right?"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 15, 2012, 03:21:21 am »

((I really wonder how Azthor will be able to implement his orders without telling anything to Roim about a deal.  :P ))

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 15, 2012, 04:20:57 am »

((Well, idea bout other holdings pre-fall is simply my way of giving at least a bit of legal ground to church and other nobles. Si'kar may have been a nominally a Nova fiefdom, but there were other nobles and church there too if only in minor places. Its a little bit of world building from myself, if you don't mind. Also Sheb, he will be able to implement those if he gets a majority support from house troops and ministers like Malcador. You are looking into a struggle for power methinks :P....))

Luthias was astounded by Azhtor's demands. But he was willing to give the man the benefit of a doubt and try to enlighten him on few issues. Truly, these people thought themselves bigger than the world they stood on...

"I'm afraid I have few minor issues with your clauses. Firstly, I do not think that a House led by a barbarian with his wife banished for whatever heresy she may have commited should be really the one to check an ARCHON on the issues of education and religion. Please don't take it personally, but I will not be told how to run my Diocese. I think I'm more qualified than you to make decisions on that. You don't see me lecturing you on warfare or economics, do you? I may be willing to discuss issues of curriculum if somone more educated was to lead your house however...

Secondly, I cannot promise you any land whatsoever, be it now or in the future. Don't you think it truly disgusting that lives that will be given in service to Pancoreator should be used to advance your material wealth, regardless of past history? Do you hope that I will do your dirty work for you and expect me to give you wealth for free?
Do you think you can put a price on the blood of the faithful? Truly Azhtor, I thought that you of all would know that a human life is not something to be traded cheaply like cattle or slaves.
Regardless of what happens in the future, for me to give you the land claimed by the ecclesiastical servants would be to betray Church for material gain. Do not ever ask me to do that."

Luthias was a rather logical and calculating man, but as a servant of the Church he had his morals and principles too. His mission was a hard one, and to marry his ultimate goals with his service to Pancreator and his desire to further the restoration of Mankind was a hard one. What he currently faced was a house full of people who seemed to look no further than the horizon of this single world.
In a strange twist he suddenly wished that Averys was here. Archon was hoping that as the only one who was a true believer Averys would understand both his job and his proposal. It was strange that he was in need of a queen to help him manage Si'kar.....
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 04:32:12 am by Ardas »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 15, 2012, 04:33:12 am »

((So Luthias really think what he's saying. Wow, I prefered him as an hypocrite, it made much more sense. As for a power struggle, well, I've got support from the Police Forces, the House Guards, the Power Armor regiment, most of the poeple and half of the Army. Azthor is in no position to make a coup yet.))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 15, 2012, 04:52:06 am »

((Strange isn't it? To think that a man in power is just a calculating bastard when it turns out he has morals too :D. And what do you mean by 'it made much more sense'? As to your Army's loyalty, its 50/50 between you and him and he has more popular support than you. He also has malcador leaning towards him, and if he agrees to my contract, Luthias might interfere a bit too. There is a reason I went to speak with him. So don't be to sure of your position.....))
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 05:04:23 am by Ardas »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 15, 2012, 05:05:43 am »

((Ghazkull stated that Roim get Aeverys' support as long as she was away, so no, I got more popular support, plus the support of all forces besides the Regular Army, and half of the Regular Army. It's not impossible for a coup to succeed, but the odds are in my favor.

As for making much more sense, it was that your actions were those of a calculating bastards rahter than a man of principle. Of course, since your principle seems to be to strengthen the church, it kinda make sense for them to overlap. ))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 15, 2012, 05:10:55 am »

((So what, you thought that Luthias wanted to try his luck on his own later? Nah, the amount of power and troops that are within curch are far bigger than whatever I could do on my own. Its better if I climb the hierarchy and strengthen it so I can use it. You can't restore mankind without faith, can you?))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 15, 2012, 06:36:07 am »

((No, but somehow I felt he was acting more like someone pursuing personnal power. Hey, maybe it's just Roim's POV that has influecned my own.  :P))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 15, 2012, 06:39:03 am »

((Probably. But hey, I like how Roim acts. He actually opposes Luthias and his lack of knowledge of Luthias' goals and character makes for interesting story. Keep it up and I will carry on being principles man in a disguise of a scheming bastard :D

I also fixed my orders, I had one thing to add.))
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 07:49:55 am by Ardas »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 15, 2012, 06:41:17 am »

((I agree with you, this make for fun story time. Now, to wait for Azthor's answer...

P.S. I edited the order list for House Nova. I think most of everything is now in.

Maybe we should work better with whatever ressources we have, because right now we order the funding of a lot of stuff without specifying how much is going to be spent where.))
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 07:00:41 am by Sheb »

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 89