Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60995 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: a Wild Frigate appears
« Reply #375 on: May 18, 2012, 03:39:01 pm »

Trent walked into the room the xenos now occupied, a rather massive cell made for repentance, to emphasize loneliness when only you, and your thoughts were present, but he had rebuilt this room. He had filled it with xeno furnishing, foods, and the like, the room was a overall grand place by xeno standards. As he walked in a detachment of seven fulled armed guards follows him in, and go to stand with their backs to the wall, and facing the xenos with guns in hand, ready for action at the slightest move. As they settled in, and the xenos eyed Trent, and the guards warily. Trent sat down in front of them, and spoke, "Don't worry I mean you know harm, I took you from that arena, so you could redeem yourselves in full, once more you will stand on the fields of battle, but first I must trust you. I do not wish to march you to your death, nor do I wish to have you worked to death. No what I want is your talents, you are great warriors, and hunters and it is for that reason that I freed you. I want you to become soldiers, I want you to become legendary on the field of battle. Pledge your loyalty to me, and serve, in return I give you your lives, glory, and honor. What do you say?"

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 18, 2012, 04:02:20 pm »

One of them a rather old Xeno stands up. A deep growl emanates from his head-comb. Although he struggles with human language he picks his words carefully and with hate. "We don't care anymore. What you offer us is merely another death. If we die as war-slaves,battle-slaves or pleasure-slaves it doesn't matter...we still are slaves. You offer us nothing in exchange for the one thing we have left...we deny. You are a fool if you think that by freeing us from one enslaved death and sending us to another you would gain anything from us..." he sits down, defiance in his eyes..."

((OOC: you just told them that you don't mean harm but want to employ them as cannon-fodder to recieve exactly that...Oo))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 18, 2012, 04:10:05 pm »

Trent nods his head as the xeno speaks, and then turns to the guards, and speaks up "Leave. Now." One of them makes to argue, but Trent silences him with a look of steel in his eyes. As the last one files out, and the steel door clangs shut behind Trent he speaks again, "Don't get any ideas of killing me in a moments notice they can be back in here firing, and I myself am armed. Now I shall make you my real offer, become my soldiers, become the hand by which I strike, and I will free your people if it takes my entire life, and my dreams away from me to do it. I will free your people from oppression, and let you live in peace with the people of this world, or among yourselves if that is what you wish, but I need your help. I will train you, I will arm you with the best weapons I can get my hands on, and I will help you prove your people's worth. You will not have to fight your own kind if you do not wish, but in the end you will stand as legends, and that legend will be enough to free your people, so will you aid me?"

((I'm not aiming to make cannon-fodder, those with a seed of hope engrained in them will fight ten times harder then those that don't))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 19, 2012, 12:55:28 am »

((Adwarf, what about our meeting? We can RP it parallel to the meeting with the slaves, can't we?))

As they were nearing the shuttles, Roim looked around to find Azthor and rushed to him.

In a hushed voice, he whispered.
"I want you to stay here Azthor. I would not trust those clerics with my fourth-best shirt, and now we're all heading to their ship, where we will be at their mercy. We need some of the leadership to stay behind, in case they do anything fishy. I want you to put all the artillery and AA stuff we have on alert. Don't do anything, just make sure the servants are near their pieces. Probably won't do any good, but better to be ready anyway. Also put our troops on the Church's border on alert and try to get a comm link with the Church leadership.

With the Procreator's help, none of this will be needed, but better safe than sorry.

Turning around, Roim stepped into the Archon's shuttle, trying hard not to look lost. He was after all, nothing but a barbarian King and he had never gone into a flying ship before.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 19, 2012, 01:32:21 am »

Avery's saw the look on her husbands face-mostly excited. He had never been on one of these vessels, had he? She herself had rode but twice-once, on a roundabout isolation journey when she in the convent, when they had put her in a pod to orbit the system and look upon the Pancreators grace...

The Second, when she had christened her flagship, with the hopes of taking it to blood and glory. She looked down at her scarred hand, remembering the sabotage that had sent it careening back to Planet, stranding her here. Mayhaps, to better reign in Hell...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 19, 2012, 01:42:17 am »

"As if I needed someone to tell me to prepare; I already have five regiments en route to our location; it might be just a meeting... or it might be something far worse; it was sensible of you to opt for taking the House Guard with you, there is no shame in that. At any rate, I'd rather pass for paranoid than risk a takeover; all of our pre-fall AA will be positioned around the Capital posed to crash that ship into the docking bay; if I hear no word from you or Aeverys in the next five hours, I will assume the worst.

1. Order alert state for all regiments near Church borders.
2. Have the five regulars regiments on standby around the Capital, helping with orders 3 and 4.
3. Have all pre-fall AA units stationed at hidden locations, posed to strike the ship down if the need arises.
4. Order the area directly below the ship and everything in the threatened radius evacuated.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:00:27 am by Azthor »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 19, 2012, 05:00:50 am »

((Guys, you don't have interstellar communications capabilities, so I am the highest Church authority here. Besides, aiming guns at Church is heresy. Just that you know ;).))
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:23:47 am by Ardas »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 19, 2012, 05:21:19 am »

((Two things Ardas. A: Those things were whispered, not said aloud. And B: They CAN replace you ;D))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 19, 2012, 05:24:15 am »

((Two things Ardas. A: Those things were whispered, not said aloud. And B: They CAN replace you ;D))

((Church can. but not House Nova.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 19, 2012, 05:26:03 am »

((You assume that House Nova can't infiltrate the church, due to a lack of skilled personnel or such :P))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 19, 2012, 05:27:21 am »

((You assume that House Nova can't infiltrate the church, due to a lack of skilled personnel or such :P))

((You assume that Inquisition does not already know that you assasinated on of them. Why do you think Roim and Avery are being called up to see the inquisitor? killing church personnel is heresy too.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 19, 2012, 05:36:19 am »

((Heh. I didn't actually order Tavius to assassinate anyone...not, that I guess it matters...

Also, I'm guessing Ardas at least saw the deployment of the guards and watch, and respond accordingly to that, at least.))

Avery's thought a moment...

"My lord Archon, this is an emergency, one you have not seen to inform us the nature or severity thereof-though, I can allow you may not know yourself.

Bear with us. It is OUR city you chose to hover over. Anyone but yourself would have been attacked immediately upon attempting such a thing. Consider our measures preventative-to forestall misunderstandings.

I mean no disrespect Archon...but, you will not be around to clean up the bodies should this prove more than a minor flippancy. You will not smell the fires. The blood will not stain your shoes. I think we have more at stake here than you, and you'd be a fool to discount that."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 19, 2012, 05:43:42 am »

((Dwarm, I went along with what tari said and ignored it since it was whispers. I will let inquisitor record everything. They will adjust Avery's standing with the Church accordingly. :P))

Luthias was astounded to see the soldiers deployed and Averys give her explanation.
My dear, what happens here is yet to be seen, since I have no knowledge of what the inquisitor demands. But I will tell you that he is observing us right now and what you are doing is nothing but questionable. I advise you to stop pointing guns at Church officials and Church property, lest you be branded a heretic.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:48:25 am by Ardas »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 19, 2012, 07:59:35 am »

((@Arda: I agree with you being the highest ranking Church authority currently contactable, but you don't know about Tavius, the troops or the guns aimed at the ships unless Ghazkull says otherwise))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 19, 2012, 08:48:29 am »

((@Arda: I agree with you being the highest ranking Church authority currently contactable, but you don't know about Tavius, the troops or the guns aimed at the ships unless Ghazkull says otherwise))

((I Know that inquisitor got stabbed, since Tavius did it in my office and because I got a PM from inquisition (ghaz) and I was told off for not looking after personnel. besides Averys just told me about soldiers herself, even though I decided to ignore whispers as Tari told me. And lets not forget about the ship: they see everything happening below. but enough of this, lets wait for Ghaz to move us to the ship.))
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:50:02 am by Ardas »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 89