Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60993 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: a Wild Frigate appears
« Reply #360 on: May 18, 2012, 10:10:54 am »

The problem with ships of such gigantic size is a profound one. They are massive mazes and have so many places to hide that they usually also carry their fair share of mutants, stowaways and things you don't want to see and know. One of these things just awoke. It hated Space Travel, was in a bad mood and had a very bad hygiene...The thing with it was, that nobody knew that it was abroad but that had been it's attention all along...

Moments later the meeting of Archon Luthias and Roim is disturbed by a rather panic church servant. "M-m-my liege, Inquisitor Joras requested your presence and that of whomwever is currently in charge of Nova on the Morning Star...it seemed, urgent Lord Archon."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 18, 2012, 10:19:54 am »

Averys chose to enter the room at that moment, decked out in her regal finery-truthfully, she sensed Archon Luthias was the sort that would have taken breach of tasteful decorum as a sign of feminine weakness. Avery's hated to play *that* game, but it was perhaps necessary.

She could almost smell the tension-the forced smiles, the pieces on the board. Diplomacy at work, of course.

Azthor had been summoned as well-and, if he was going to show, he could be there momentarily.

She eased to Roim's side, speaking to Archon without bothering with pleasantries.

"...I think not, Archon. As you know, I have the authority of the Brother Battle Sect to form my own cadre of true faith defenders on this world. While I am not a Priestess as such, I was given the duty of commissioning my own sect, the Fratello Di Sangue.

They have all fought by my side for many years, and we had passed bread and blood in equal amounts. I will see them neither disbanded, nor folded into your forces and forgotten...if you wish to remove them, then you must challenge my sanctity before the Pancreator, and the legitimacy of my appointments.

Now, neither of us wants to see..."

She was interrupted by the wheedling servant, and scowled.

"...What is it Archon? Has something gone wrong with your great ship?" She asked, eyes narrowing.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 18, 2012, 10:25:07 am »

Inquisitor Joras, why, what now? Luthias was rather annoyed by Inquisition 's constant demands and meddling in everything. But without Inquisition there would be no Church, and so Luthias mixed his dislike with a healthy dose of respect and understanding for their work.

He spoke to the servant. "Get on vox and tell the Inquisitor that I am coming.
Forgive me my my lords, but the work of Inquisition is as mysterious to me as the work of Pancreator. For all the right reasons of course."

Take bodyguards and return to Morning Star in a shuttle. Take Roim/Averys if they decide to come along.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 10:31:44 am by Ardas »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 18, 2012, 10:29:39 am »

((Damn, I ahd to re-write my turn three times already. Well, fuck this re-writing))

I want the House Body Guards with us. Both Power Armor Regiments are to assemble in the main square as soon as possible and await our orders.

Bending under his throne, Roim grab a small package, take a wireblade and a laspistol from it and throw it to Avery.

You might need those my dear. Those ceremonial outfit don't include much in the way of weaponry.

Grabbing another couple weapons for himself, Roim start following the Archon.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 18, 2012, 10:35:19 am »

Infiltrate onto the Morning Star. Tavius was curious about this whole situation, not to mention an oppotunity of a lifetime (And the associated challenge). Using his church credentials (And possibly some blackmail, knockouts and other methods) he tried to gain access to the Morning Star without having to resort to Luthias' shuttle.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 10:40:36 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 18, 2012, 10:38:12 am »

Avery's quirked an eyebrow.

"I'd not sooner forget my blade than my faith, my love." She said to Roim-sliding the hilt of her personal wireblade in palm. Those voluminous sleeves could hide many things. She snatched the pistol and the second wireblade from the air, and a waiting servant brought her worn leather holster, which she attached to her hip on a slant-a gunslingers draw. She placed the pistol and second blade in the left-the right had her personal blade, and a customized 'flintlock' pistol, which was actually more like small railgun.

She called to a waiting servant.

"You there! Send the word to the city watch and relief brigades to go to full alert, until we've sorted this out."

She walked beside Roim, feeling her blood pumping. Finally, some excitement! This was turning out to be a good night, after all.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 18, 2012, 10:53:22 am »

((I am assuming I am aware of the would be emergency; if I am wrong, please do correct me, I didn't mean to metagame it))

Head towards the docking bay and have five imperial regiments on standby, awaiting orders.

((Better safe than sorry))
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 11:35:42 am by Azthor »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 18, 2012, 11:01:36 am »

((I'm not sure we have some many troops around the capitol (Remember we need to control a territory as big as Europe, Asia, Oceania and both the Americas. Most of our troops must be scattered around. And frankly, it's a bit overkill giving what your character know))

Roim couldn't help smiling at Avery's dangerousness. He was proud to be her husband. Now running alongside Luthias, he said.

Any idea what's going on? If you could ask your shuttle to land in the inner courtyard, we could win a full 5 minutes compared to the parth you took on the way in.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 18, 2012, 11:05:31 am »

Luthias ignored the suggestion.

"My pilot does not know the way around your palace to land there. Besides, its more than one shuttle"

((Lets just skip to the ship please.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 18, 2012, 11:33:47 am »

((Yes, lets onto the ship. Also, twenty regiments is a bit much. No meta! :P))

Avery's though Roim looked very handsome, in times like these-crisis and conflict seemed to being him alive in more ways than one. He was a strong man, a brave man-and he was only for her, she thought warmly. Till death do they part...

"...I hope you're not wasting our time, Archon." she said evenly.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 18, 2012, 11:36:18 am »

((Alright, I am taking five with me and I will be damned if we don't keep at least 10% of our forces around the capital; I wholly agree that 40% was an excess though. Remember that patrolling the territory is the police's task, which is why they are overworked; the military is only responsible for our borders))

((@Ghazkull: are our regiments of the standard one thousand men size or are they larger?))
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 11:53:06 am by Azthor »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 18, 2012, 02:19:55 pm »

((i kept the Regiment sizes on purpose vague so that i could adjust them in different situations...:D i haven't truly thought about a clear size...so...*shrug*))

Adwarf

you successfully buy the Slaves for the trendemous amount of 1 Credit. Although the question remains what you would do with a bunch of Xeno Slaves...

Rigos

Your open hand is retrieved with a full blow to your face that shatters your jaw. "YOU DARE INSULT ME? YOU DARE to tell me to cooperate? You left these lands uncontrolled, we are standing ON YOUR LANDS! You know why my estate looks like this? BECAUSE OF YOUR INACTION!"

While you are bleeding several of your men raise their weapon only to see the same action on Raventree's side. A mexican stand off is beginning to unfold, with your men certainly outnumbered and outgunned.
Lord Raventree has talked himself into a rage

" Your bandits have raided my lands for the past three months! Half my people won't survive the winter if i don't do something. And you complain to me? My coffers are empty i propably can't even pay my men next month and if they don't starve to death before that. All that because of the inaction and inability of House Nova. And i belong to those Nobles who hit it good, who are able to field enough soldeirs to police the surrounding lands. give me one Good Reason, one single Reason not to kill you and take your rations and weapons to rescue my people..."

he is wild eyed, desperation in every move. This man has reached a point were the wrong move will end in a massacre...
((OOC: First finishing Adwarf and RIgos so that they can join into the fray...))

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 18, 2012, 02:55:56 pm »

((Rigos sure is unlucky; another turn and the place would be crawling with House soldiers))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 18, 2012, 03:01:31 pm »

((Feel free to offer them gold or anything to get out of there alive, given the way Azthor commandeered our treasury while he's only a distant uncle, surely you can do a lot as brother of the matriarch.))

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 18, 2012, 03:32:04 pm »

((Feel free to offer them gold or anything to get out of there alive, given the way Azthor commandeered our treasury while he's only a distant uncle, surely you can do a lot as brother of the matriarch.))

((Your every word seems to drip with barely concealed resentment; that may not be the case, but it certainly is how it strikes me :P ... Also, Rigos isn't Aeverys' brother, that is Ssalosin, the former Patriarch. Still, while none of us would oppose giving him gold so that he may save himself, that will only make his situation worse. His best shot is humbling himself and telling Lord Raventree he will bring aid at any cost; if you feel bad about the "humbling" part, know that you will get to decide Raventree's fate once the imperial army arrives, much as I am not all that kin on having him executed))
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:18:45 pm by Azthor »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 89