Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60991 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: a Wild Frigate appears
« Reply #315 on: May 16, 2012, 12:43:05 pm »

Trent sat at one of the large monitors typing away at a keyboard, all around him other monitors, and tons of technology from the Old Times filled the room, tucked away in the corner his small bed was the only thing that Trent had kept from the original room design. Original this room was one of many gargantuan guest rooms made for visiting minor nobles, and the like, once filled with lavish furnishings, and rich embroidered wall hanging. Those had given way to massive pieces of complex machinery, and now the room was filled with all of Trent's belonging most of which are remnants of the Old Times. Suddenly pushing himself up Trent stands up as the monitor flickers off, and he walks over to the door, after several minutes, and several dozen locks Trent steps outside, and turns locking the door behind him as he sets off down the hall.

Order the scientists to continue research on Helicopters, and also branch out to research ways of transporting goods faster.

-- Unspecified Time Later, The Throne Room --

The guards opened the door before Trent as he walked into the room, his hooded face familiar by the seven silver repentance seals forever embroidered into the hood of his cloak, ever since that first day of arriving here he had switched out the first robe for this one. As he walked into the room, and slowly up the carpet towards Aeverys. He drew to a stop a few feet before the base of the steps up to throne, and spoke, "Avereys I have a request to make of you today. As you know the task I have set myself is to bring our people into the stars beyond, and to do that I need something from you, I need the right to recruit my own military forces, and a yearly stipend of funds of to cover the cost of said forces and the research I must enact. These forces will mainly be the crews of the great starships I wish to build, or specialized forces to assist those, but first I need something more important. I need you to grant me some part of your lands that are thus far undeveloped, and let me build on it the base for our Journey to the Stars." With that he bowed his head slightly waiting for a reply.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 12:54:53 pm by adwarf »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 16, 2012, 12:47:45 pm »

((OOC: the wreckage is non-existant anymore the guys have torn it apart...))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 16, 2012, 12:50:07 pm »

((Oh I though all 10 of the artifact stuff came from the Frigate wreck))

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 16, 2012, 12:50:45 pm »

Rigos was offended. More than that. He was outraged. But he kept himself contained as he straightened his grey tunic with a exhalation from his nostrils. He marched over to Lord Raventree and stared him in the eyes for a few moments. The first thing Raventree would notice was that Rigos was still quite the specimen despite his age, able to nearly lock eyes with him despite not wearing power armor. And then he waited a few moments before speaking.

"I came, as a friend. I came in hopes of rallying your lands into that of House Nova's so we can stand strong in this time of ever-growing conflict and peril. I came... to talk as friends. But this what I receive for my Good-Will? Threats? Lord Raventree? You have to think good man. With boom in wild lands yes it will take effort to straighten it out. It will take cooperation to straighten it out. Even now as I stand speaking to you the wheels are turning my good man.

"But you receive me with threats. Do you know the status of your home and keep? Appalling. Your wife misses you Lord Raventree but you bound out on this Crusade while your fields remain without seed and wives without husbands and children without fathers."

Despite Rigos staring directly at Lord Raventree he raised his volume for a moment, so that all the men could hear.

"Lord Raventree. I will forget this cold reception and allow you to start again annew. So that we can work again. No poltical dancing around that isnt for me. Just working as Men. Men working together to improve this land for the better. A Land where banditry does not run abound and where every man woman and child can finally settle down one day to that nice farm over the hillside."

He extended his chrome hand to Lord Raventree pending his response.

(I'm just chock full of rhetorical devices today)
Raggle Fraggle

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 16, 2012, 01:34:17 pm »

Of course, as always Averys and Roim weren't alone for for long, as a familiar face showed up in the box.

"A good day to you, Mi'lord and lady." as Tavius chuckled.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 16, 2012, 01:42:42 pm »

Roim echoed his laugh, turning to meet him.

"You were right, Averys. Right on schedule.

I assume, this is your hired sneak? He looks a bit wiry, and underfed.
Does my wife pay you enough to eat, boy?"
He asked Tavius, with equal parts subdued threat and harmless jest.

Avery's sat with her legs crossed, smiling slightly and enjoying the byplay.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 16, 2012, 01:58:47 pm »

"Oh, certainly. Couldn't sneak around as well if I were your size though." Tavius sat down nearby, a few cakes having "dissappeared" if they were near his path.

"Now, I didn't come here for fun and games, though that is a side benefit. You have any more tasks for me Averys?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 16, 2012, 03:49:05 pm »

-- Mid-Day, Arena --

Trent made his way through the front entrance of the arena, and began making his way for the slave pens where the Xeno Gladiators were held for the next fights, and the people's safety. When guards tried to stop him he flashed the seal of House Nova he now carried, and they stepped aside letting him through with little challenge. As he walked into the slave pens he was greeted by a few dozen Xeno gladiators in the barest of clothing, some looked up at him, and others choose to look away, but Trent's attention was on the man on the far side of the room giving orders to several servants. Walking up to him Trent spoke up, "You, yes you. I am a Trent, vassal of Lady Aeverys, and I am here on personal buisness come this way." Nodding his head at the attendants the man makes his way over, and begins to speak, "Yes, what is it you need si..." But he is cut off as Trent impatiently blurts out, "I want two dozen willing Xenos released into my care."

Try to garner two dozen xeno slaves from the Arena

EDIT: (( Could you go ahead, and roll this Ghaz? ))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:04:43 pm by adwarf »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 17, 2012, 05:45:08 am »

Avery's nodded.

"Quite.

In addition to my own personal safety during the next few months during my pregnancy-if all goes to plan, I'll announce sometime this month-I thought it might be apt to give you a large task-making a family of your own, in a way.

The Nova Sombra is going to be the intelligence arm of our Empire, Tavius. I would like you to be it's first agent. I would have you find others-ones you can trust-and train them. Your own status as a sole agent will not be threatened-I'm not giving you a desk job.

I merely need someone in place who has seen the reality of field operations. Teaching a new generation of professionals like yourself...it won't be easy."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 17, 2012, 09:42:09 am »

Is Roim's slot still open? Because if yes, I'm totally taking it over.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 17, 2012, 09:50:21 am »

((@Sheb: Yeah, I've been Rp'ing him myself up till now. Feel free to go ahead.

Doubt Ghaz will have any objections.))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 17, 2012, 10:34:00 am »

((Ahah, great.))

Roim looked down. It was true that ever since his marriage, he had been taking weight. It was as if he, and not Avery, was carrying their heir.

The marriage with Avery had been his advisor's idea. It really seemed great at the time: unload the burden of managing and consolidating his Kingdom unto the House of Nova while gaining legitimacy, freeing him to do what he really excelled at: making war. Roim saw war in the same way most people see sex. The pleasure he felt when thrusting his army into the enemy's flank was great than any he could feel by thrusting his... broadsword.

But no, he was reduced to this other form of thrusting (And a great deal of it, Avery's being accomplished in many things beyond fencing), and he could feel the loss. Roim the Conqueror was turning into Roim the Pansy, and his own people were now cheering for make-believe warrior with name like "The Destructonator" while his own battles were forgotten.

Something had to change. Most of his army had been disbanded, but he still had the loyalty of some 50 regiments, now equipped with modern weapons.
And the Church was said to have discovered some new lands beyond the sea. The Novan Empire surely couldn't let those weaky priest get it all, right? And the Church couldn't oppose 50 regiments wanting to join in the Crusade.

Yes, a Crusade would let give him some much-needed exercise, bring land to the House of Nova and give his people something real to cheer for.

Turning to Avery's, Roim whispered to her ear:
"Darling, I think I have a present for the baby. A whole new Kingdom!

Before she could react, Roim marched to the balcony. Below, La Tartaruga Verde was finishing to give the coup de grâce to a couple Xeno, making the crowd cheer.

Roim gestured for silence. Most of the crowd obeyed, but a couple drunk young men started shouting "Hey, Roim, why don't you descend into the Fighting pit? Bet you couldn't fell 5 Xeno!" before being silenced by the guards.

Ignoring those, Roim started speaking, in a voice that echoed across the huge, silent Stadium.

People of Nova!

I am glad to see so many of you here. We Novan love a good fight, don't we? (Cheers from the crowd)
Of course, some purist will argue that the Arena ain't the battlefield. Well, it's true: you can get a decent pint of beer on the battlefield. (More cheers).
However, the Arena lack an element of... surprise. Most of you have never fought on the field of battle. I don't blame you, if anything, this show the great job my dear Avery made managing the Empire. But as an old warrior, let me tell you this: a battle is whole new level of excitement. The charge, counter charge, the surprise as the enemy comes up right behind your line, the adrenaline rush as you turn around and save the day with your battle-brothers... Nothing I've seen here come close to this.

I know there is many a young man looking for adventure among you. The Church is said to have found a whole new Xeno kingdom. It is said their warrior are bigger and meaner than any you've seen in these walls. It is also said that their riches dwarf anything you could find in the whole House of Nova. This glory, those riches, they'll be ours! Starting tomorrow, we'll recruit any young man wanting glory and riches. If he agrees, La Tartaruga Verde himself will lead this corp of volunteer. I hope to see many of you under the banners of the House of Nova!

Turning around, Roim address Avery. "What did you thing of it my dear? I'm afraid those volunteers won't be enough though. I want you to meet with Azthor and see how many regiment of regulars we can spare. Now, I'll let you with your friend, I have business to address. And don't overwork yourself my dear, you must think of the baby.

Arrange meeting with the Gladiator Guild and Trent. Both meeting will be officious, in my private study.
Orders recruiting office to be set up in all the major towns and cities across the realm. Volunteer will be given armor and weapons, food and board and a share of the spoils of war. No pay, but the touted reward should be enormous and include land and titles. The Officers will be selected amongst myu old militiamen.
Ask for an inventory of all the ships available across the land, including merchantmen.
Send a messenger to the Archon, saying the House of Nova joined the Crusade, the Procreator be blessed.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 17, 2012, 10:37:36 am »

GOD DAMNIT SHEB! MY ELABORATE PLANS ARE NOW RUINED!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 17, 2012, 10:59:40 am »

((Cannot say if serious or not. Seriously, you're plan are foiled simply because we send some troops to "help" you?  :-\))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 17, 2012, 11:12:20 am »

((Nah, just messing with ya :P. but you aren't making my ideas easier. Just need to wait for update from Ghaz.))
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 89