Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60967 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: Here comes the Bride,.. (1 Noble Place Open)
« Reply #180 on: February 19, 2012, 04:53:19 pm »

Averys had dismissed them both. She needed time to think.

Roin.

A legacy for the both of them, steeped in blood and glory. A thousand worlds bathed in righteous flame. Her soldiers marching, marching, trampling over all foes. A banner raised on every world.

And an heir. She supposed in time, she might even grow fond of Roin. He was like her, in every way that mattered. To all outward appearances, he would respect her as she deserved.

This world would be hers.

Garth.

A marriage with Garth. It would risk...everything. No guarantee of an heir. And she knew her knowledge of manipulating politics was a poor one. She had not wanted to get involved in these...games. Not while her House was in such a tenuous position.

But, if the church should fall, Humanity would be lost. But, if they should win...things could change. Long odds either way.

Her heart said to turn inward while rejecting the greater chance of glory, of serving the Pancreator-was cowardly. Choose Garth, it whispered...

But, her mind said that Roin would give her the power to rule this world-and many others. If she was patient...and smart. It was the logical choice, the better choice for the house.

She sighed.

First Meeting: The Legacy

She did not bandy words with Roin.

"...It shall be be King Roin. I am yours. You are mine. We will be married.

We shall carve a bloody furrow in this world, together-lay waste to your legion of foes. And then the stars beyond, awaiting our grasp. They will fear us.

I will enshrine your legacy by birthright. And your legacy...will become our legacy."

She took his large hands in her own and smiled.

"In truth? I can't think of a more worthy man than you, to beholden myself to. You are strong, Roin. You carry your scars. I can imagine us sharing more than mere political expedience."

Averys was actually being honest-for once. She shrugged. It was a nearly impossible choice. But, she had made it all the same. Now to see if it was the right one...

[Accepted!]

Third Meeting: The Changer of Ways

Averys called him back.

"I've thought of it, Garth.

You ask too much. I cannot marry you.

This world...my world, is in chaos. It must be brought to Heel. I will help you in any way I can-count me an ally in every way.

But, in the end, I must do what is right for my house. I hope you understand.

...I only warn. Once this world is under my House, I will look upon your offer more favorably. Do not throw away your life too hastily-remember that I am your friend, and as my power grows, so does yours. One day, my position will be stronger."

Averys dipped her head. She felt like she betraying Garth, to die on the ramparts of his enemies. But he was smart, she had reasoned-with luck, he could hold the line...until she took this world.

[DENIED!]
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2012, 11:00:08 am »

((Azhtor yes there is an open place...it is up to you if you want to play King Roin, or somebody completely else...just post a character and you're in))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: House of the Rising Suns 2: 1 Marriage, and 3 spurned Suitors...(Open places
« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2012, 06:58:22 pm »

Roin leaned forward and gently kissed Aeverys then he jumped up.

A marriage shall it be. I will empty my war coffers for you. A wedding which will be remembered throughout history! Even teh coronation of the Emperor will pale in it's comparison!

a few days later

Roin had left to procure the money for the wedding and left you to the organization of it. Malcador a constant shadow, taking off much of the organization off your shoulders.

Mylady, i know Roin has screamed for a massive wedding, but still there are things to be considered. You need to decide who you want to invite as guests, the consummation of the Marriage be done by a simple Orthodoxy Priest of a desired official sect? Or Garth Personally? This sheds light on your official stance to Garths cause. Of course you could also keep it a completely formal manner without any interference of the church, letting me or some other official do the consummation. And then theres the decision of a maid of honor and the bridesmaids. Keep in mind that somebody from your family or friends will anger nobody but if you decide to choose ladies from other houses this may show your support for them and may be the perfect starting point for some alliances or vassals.

((OOC: short question would you guys like some more on planet conquest or rather some space exploration? Because if the adding of Roins lands and military power in a massive wedding ceremony many of the small houses and small nobles will swear allegiance to Lady Aeverys, basically i can use the wedding to skip much of the conquering of the planet and making it easier for you to get off the planet...but your call...))

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 27, 2012, 06:59:35 pm »

(I'll put my vote to still planatary conquest. I feel like moving to space is too huge a jump.)
Raggle Fraggle

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2012, 07:08:29 pm »

((Meh, either is fine with me at this point.))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2012, 07:54:48 pm »

((I'll have to do everything on the planet until I can steal enough ships from the Church to flee the planet, so it doesn't matter to me))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 27, 2012, 10:27:40 pm »

Averys wondered. She wasn't used to this. If it was her own way, she would have had a battlefield coronation.

But, there were politics to be thought of. She had no friends, but many 'noble' women could smile for her, in pursuit of their own goals. She could buy that.

"You know, ask Garth if he will do it. Let's send them a message-I'm going to bloody them. They should know I'm coming, and I'm not skulking in the shadows.

As for the bridesmaids...use it to forge allies, or vassals. Let it be known any who attend my wedding will be considered a friend of House Nova. And I will be considering the quality of who is sent, as well.

And anyone who does not come...let them figure it out.

"

((OOC/ I figure we should take over the planet first. ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2012, 03:50:58 am »

I have to move and no internet... and now THIS!?!?!?!?!?!
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2012, 03:55:05 pm »

(OOC: almost feeling bad for letting you lads waiting so long  :P....Azthor if you still want to join just pm me you application...)

The Marriage is as promised- massive to say the least. On the Day of Aeverys Marriage thousands of people are invited and of course the upper echelons of the planet. Church Officials, next to Nobles,Merchant Princes, Barbarian Warlords and even a emissary of the Triumvirate who astounded the masses when he landed with his personal ship just outside of the Delta-17.

The ceremony was fairly modest in comparison. Garth of course accepted to do the role of the priest. The ceremony was watched with a certain disdain by several church officials most notably Archon Ezechiel Rosary, the Archon from the Mirrodan System. Also several invited important Guests are missing, notably Xarnos Cr'tok, one of whose brothers seems to have replaced him. Also LeGrombe who didn't even send a present along with several church members and a few minor nobles...

Interestingly several uninvited person have instead appeared, a man in a grey uniform which all of you have seen somewhere but none of you recalls from where and his retinue of soldiers in armors which seems on one hand and the first glance to be inferior to the power armour of your house guard but still has a unsettling look to them that you are sure that they are surely not...

((OOC: giving you time to rp the marriage a while and then we finished this up the next turn post will come...))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2012, 05:33:31 am »

OOC: Damn, I should have looked this up sooner. Unless Azthor submitted his application, I would like to apply.

I was hoping for a cardinal sorta guy for the house, a in-between guy and a religious advisor/confessor, but with my own plans nonetheless. I know its been stated that there are no more members of the house left, but a some sort of a cousin or an illegitimate child sent to the church would work.
Otherwise I can play a standard noble of a minor retainer house.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 05:52:19 am by Ardas »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2012, 07:01:24 am »

Averys was oddly nervous for her wedding day...maybe it was the Archons, who seemed to have actually traveled through space for no other reason, but to frown at her condescendingly. She had met their eyes-most of them flinched as if she had literally struck them, clutching their staffs and murmuring. Only the one called Rosary dared meet her gaze, a hint of some deep reserves of strength flickering within, maybe. Averys approved of her courage-and marked her as an enemy.

She had taken note of the most important snubbing-Xarnos had at least sent a brother, a notorious womanizer and half wit, and Averys had accepted the subtle message with a wry grin. Le'Grombes complete absence struck her as worrying, in a way. She wondered if he was taking this all personally...

The power armored soldiers in grey worried her. She was sure to not have invited him. Just to be careful...after all, assassinations took place all the time.

There was no plain white dress for Averys-she was dressed in fashionable armored leathers-which were a stylistic fusion of both her own houses military dress and the sort of clothes women in Garths homelands enjoyed. She admitted to herself, barbarian leathers were alot more comfortable...much less annoying straps and buckles, it was almost like putting on a second skin. She approved.

Averys also had her wireblade and gun on either hips, displayed proudly and arrogantly in a quick draw, duelists fashion.

So thus, she stepped forward to meet the mysterious  man in grey, flanked by a few bored guards. The real meat was circling the perimeter, turning witnesses away. She dearly hoped they wouldn't ruin her wedding day with a spot of killing...it wasn't even time for luncheon yet.

"...you. Who are you? Explain yourself."

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2012, 07:05:35 am »

((Is a slot still open or is the title pending an update?))

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2012, 07:18:43 am »

((OOC:you can both join: Free Roles would currently be Garth, the Archon of the Planet, Roin Scaleskinner: Aeverys husband or the last Noble Place...))

The man in his grey uniform grinned wrily and as you look at him from a closer distance he show some similiarities to Malcador.

"Me? Oh i am nobody important mylady..."

Like always Malcador appears besides you seemingly from nowhere.

Mylady, he is an old friend of mine, i hope you are not irritated that i took the freedom to invite him...

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2012, 07:26:53 am »

((What does being the Archon entail?))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2012, 07:32:22 am »

Averys scoffed. Malcador was getting fairly annoying these days. Her hand tensed, and she smiled, imagining the crack of his jaw under her gloved fist.

"Well, I won't turn away a...friend.

But, I am irritated you did not go to lengths to introduce me, Malcador. Who is this man, who comes in a company so well armed? At MY wedding?"

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 89