Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60932 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HOTRS II: Gods ain't gonna help ya son Winter 104AE
« Reply #1290 on: January 02, 2013, 12:32:56 pm »

"Of course I will do all I can to right this wrong, but we need Nova's cooperation to make this work ..."

With that said Trent went silent wiping away some of the soot from his face, and waiting to see what would happen ...

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: January 02, 2013, 04:50:27 pm »

@Luthias: the Patriarch agree to pool efforts towards the planet's reconstruction, though he questions the Archon as to how he intends to go about it.

@Heinrich: receive Heinrich in the throne room.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:19:19 pm by Azthor »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: January 05, 2013, 05:30:41 pm »

((OOC: Taricus you are in Si'kar system in case you have no idea what to do now...so you can join with the rest. Ebbor, i honestly dont know what sheb had in mind for you soy ou propably have to wait for him to return from holiday...i am sorry.))

Delvos

Taking not another single look you make a run back to your shuttle and get off the ship as quickly as possible.

However House Argonian wants to know what sent you packing like hell was after you?

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: January 07, 2013, 04:11:48 pm »

"Unknown biomass. I come from Si'kar. Unknown biomass is a bad thing. Don't worry, I just regroup and take more men with me..."

Go in the 50 of the finest men. With bright flashlights and phosphorous grenades. And glow sticks. Lot'sa glow sticks.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 09, 2013, 09:51:32 am »

You regroup and then enter the dark corridors of the ship again alighting it. Exploring you figure out that it must have been an ark. Almost every second room you fill is either filled with plants or weird containers which at closer examination seem to contain DNA.

Many of the plants are dead however , deprived of light and water. As you continue to explore you get the eerie feeling that the crew needed to conserve energy. [2] As you stumble into another of this Dead Hydroponic Gardens one of your glowsticks alight something different, something standing on two legs armed with a gun pointing it at you. As more glowsticks are fired up you notice that you are in fact surrounded, hundreds off bipedals half shrouded in shadow stand there guns aimed at your group, silent.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 09, 2013, 09:57:08 am »

Contact Le Grombe on the possibility of terraformation of the annihilated parcels.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 09, 2013, 10:19:35 am »

[5][1] You are extremely lucky. Terraforming is a relatively new Technology, in fact so new that they neither have many Terraforming Teams nor cheap ones. Especially teh Equipment is extremely expensive. He can offer you up to ten Terraforming Teams at the ridiculous price of 100 Credits per Team.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 09, 2013, 01:10:22 pm »

"Awwww, shit!

TAKE COVER, OPEN FIRE. FLING THE GRENADES, YOU LAZY FUCKERS! LIVELY!"

Take cover, make rattata.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 09, 2013, 02:27:02 pm »

Your men immediately begin to open fire into the shadowy darkness firing at the enemy. [5] Your men quickly retreat towards the neares piece of cover near the Hallway from whence you came.

[12 vs 4 = 8] completely surprised by your attacks 8 of the enemies go down in the bullet hail, however your grenades seem to have no effect as they just walk on...burning. These walking torches at least illuminate the massive hall a bit better and you notice that it propably wasn't such a good idea to blindly attack. There are hundreds of them. Even worse while they look human enough at first something is mightily off. Their skind is dessicated and stretched taught. Their empty eye sockets stare at you sightlessly. They lack any and all flesh, all that seem to keep these rotted carcasses together are numerous cybernetic implants and their sinews. Realizing that you have no chance you retreat while continuing to fire.

[15 vs. 16] However one of you men is too slow as one of the enemies ,despite his advanced decay, dashes to him lightning fast and bludgeons him to death with its weapon. His agonized screams fill the room and you helplessly watch as the butt of the gun finally smashes his head in. [10 vs. 18] You manage to retreat into the hallway, your enemies not firing once. Suddenly some of your men start screaming horribly, and then you can feel sharp throbbing pain and picture start to flood your head...horrible pictures, with terrible speed, faster than you can comprehend. You s tart screaming in agony and blood starts to squirt out of your nose. Several of your men fall on their knees clawing at their eyes, bleeding from every orifice on their head. [1 vs. 16] The Pain intensifies and most of your men are now screaming in pain unable to lift their weapons. Finally almost to your relief the enemy starts firing. Greenish light illuminates the hallways as superheated plasma melts away more than a dozen of your men. Others being close to the door get bludgeoned to death.

Panicking you order a full retreat. [18][5] But your enemy doesn't relent, when you finally reach the shuttle only 8 of you are left. You get inside and make off back to your mothership.
The Argonains recieve the recordings from the Away-Mission and a mere hour later you continue onwards. with 42 Men Less and 10 Credits more. All in all a good trade...

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: January 11, 2013, 03:29:10 am »

PTW. This is the best way to bump. Read the ENTIRE thread. Now I'm gonna PTW.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ssalosin was enjoying a walk through the Towers' hallways, thinking of a way to save as many as possible. Until I rounded a corner. Aeverys and an unknown, probably an assassin judging by his gait and weapons.

"Sorry. Did I come at a bad time?"

We nneded more food, and medicine. This plague could take too much, and we would be too weak to carry the flame of unification. He did Order the scientists to check the frigate for Weaponry, and research a possible cure, and got construction workers to Build More Farms, also to Build Power Plants..

"Sister, who is this man?"

A very intriguing character, and that was just a first look.

(i know this is an old post, buuuut...)

i'd have personally checked the frigate to see if its power plant (engine, fuel cells etc) were still functional in any way. If they were, use them as a power plan (for a space craft hey would probably be nuclear fusion and have as much power as 4 reactors....) if hey weren't functional, reverse engineer them to speed up research on nuclear technology, fuel refining, fuel production, electronics and electric sub systems, weaponry etc.

(and this post is probably massively outdated....)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 11, 2013, 01:51:32 pm »

((you two are aware that there is an OOC thread? ;P))

Garthon III/Delvos

Finally the Ship enters the Orbit of Garthon, your troops enter the Transport Shuttles and off you go. As you get nearer and nearer to the ground you catch a good view of the Planet. It's covered in Jungle. and inbetween even visible from Orbit a huge spot where you can see the largest City you have ever seen. Delta 17 and Hub Prime back on Si'kar could fit several dozen times into this huge abomination. As you look upon this object so incredibly huge that it is mind defying, the Pilot notices your wonder.

"Aye, Bastion. The second largest Hive in the Galaxy. Makes you want to weep doesn't it? Population is unkown. They gave up the population census when the budget of the venture almost trippled the yearly security budget. Hell the only bigger abscess on the ass of the Galaxy is Hephaistos itself. But Bastion is already enough. Makes  me want to puke every time i look at it."

You stare on in wonder, disbelief and disgust. The Hive covers almost a tenth of the Planet. It's Outer Walls broad as other City Walls are long. A Infection upon the planet itself, it defies your very mind to even contemplate the number of people living there or to explain to some one how big the city is except witht he word mind-boggling. it is just where there is too much. Too much buildings too much people just too much.

You are grateful as the shuttle finally closes in enough so that you don't have to contemplate the Size of this Architectual Abomination anymore. At the Landing Pad you are already awaited. A group of Soldiers and a man in the garb of a Noble is awaiting you.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: January 11, 2013, 01:59:53 pm »

((you two are aware that there is an OOC thread? ;P))

Garthon III/Delvos

Finally the Ship enters the Orbit of Garthon, your troops enter the Transport Shuttles and off you go. As you get nearer and nearer to the ground you catch a good view of the Planet. It's covered in Jungle. and inbetween even visible from Orbit a huge spot where you can see the largest City you have ever seen. Delta 17 and Hub Prime back on Si'kar could fit several dozen times into this huge abomination. As you look upon this object so incredibly huge that it is mind defying, the Pilot notices your wonder.

"Aye, Bastion. The second largest Hive in the Galaxy. Makes you want to weep doesn't it? Population is unkown. They gave up the population census when the budget of the venture almost trippled the yearly security budget. Hell the only bigger abscess on the ass of the Galaxy is Hephaistos itself. But Bastion is already enough. Makes  me want to puke every time i look at it."

You stare on in wonder, disbelief and disgust. The Hive covers almost a tenth of the Planet. It's Outer Walls broad as other City Walls are long. A Infection upon the planet itself, it defies your very mind to even contemplate the number of people living there or to explain to some one how big the city is except witht he word mind-boggling. it is just where there is too much. Too much buildings too much people just too much.

You are grateful as the shuttle finally closes in enough so that you don't have to contemplate the Size of this Architectual Abomination anymore. At the Landing Pad you are already awaited. A group of Soldiers and a man in the garb of a Noble is awaiting you.
It's called PTW. And a bump :P
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: January 11, 2013, 07:06:13 pm »

"Ah, hello. How distantly are you related to me again?" Heinrich made a little joke to alleviate the seriousness that plagued the planet now that this catastrophe had been wrought, but soon came to business. "Now, look, if you're familiar with my reputation you know why I'm here. Blood is thicker than water, or in this case, vacuum, and I want to help in whatever way I can."

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: January 11, 2013, 07:15:26 pm »

Delvos run his fingers through his hair, before bowing before the noble, who is much likely his new master now.

"Delvos, from the Bloodbrothers... I am happy to serve your cause... For the right price, of course."

He makes a crooked grin, while looking back. His men are already fanning out behind him. Bloodriders first, the pride of the whole mercenary group, then the  Boneshatteres and at last the Newbies, only having a musket in their hand.

"And, well, these are the Bloodbrothers."
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89