Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60939 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HOTRS II: Gods ain't gonna help ya son Winter 104AE
« Reply #1275 on: December 18, 2012, 11:41:35 am »

Withdraw the 2nd Church Army to the center of church lands as far from the infected areas as possible.
Evacuate everyone in the lands surrounding the infected areas.
Send a message to the Inquisition offering any help I can give.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: December 18, 2012, 01:27:20 pm »

Luthias observed the worsening conditions on the planet with frustration. His efforts were bringing no results. He moved and did as much as he could, but his forces were too small and too immobile to do anything. The arrival of Inquisition fleet did not bode well to his work and now he was desperate. Yet Luthias knew that Pancreator would not forsake him now, just as he did not forsake him in the past.

A short prayer before the flight and he boarded his shuttle to fly to the flagship of the Inquisition fleet. Luthias was amazed by the power of the Inquisition fleet - all of it independent from Church oversight; for it was the Inquisition that did the watching.

Travel for direct meeting with Inquisitor in charge. Send 50 units of food in humanitarian gesture to the Nova lands.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 01:33:05 pm by Ardas »

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: December 20, 2012, 03:53:25 pm »

Assemble a 10 men team from the best men of the Bloodriders.
Explore the ship with them.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: December 21, 2012, 01:46:25 am »

((I'm sorry for holding you away Taric', I was only following Ghaz' instructions. I'm glad you're back in the thick of it though.))

Robert

Exasperated at your lack of understanding, the alien make a sign to two of his brethern. They pounce and pin you to the ground with their trunk-like arms, while the first alien get near, grasp your face and... stab you in the eye.

[4] All goes dark for a moment as an immense pain ricochet across your skull. After a few moments, you come back to your sense, your left eye blind (-1 to perception rolls until you rest for a while).

The alien start talking to you. The words are still in the same, strange tongue but you somehow understand them.

"Are you okay stranger? This implant is experimental, but you should be able to survive the transplant. Can you understand me?"

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: December 21, 2012, 06:11:02 pm »

Heinrich

A mere moment later a single figure appeared on the landing ramp. Malcador.

Greetings, Heinrich. I haven't seen you in years! How is the family? How was the outer rim?

Delvos

Slowly the Boarding Shuttle docks at the Huge Ship. The ship is clearly ancient. You remember rumours of ships vanishing during FTL-Travel and showing up centuries later. The ship itself is clearly of human making. When finally an entrance is made, you see nothing at first. The lights are out. Your few suit mounted headlights are the only source of illumination in the hallway you are standing.

Archon Luthias

Once your message gets through a small landing shuttle takes you to one of the Battleships. The Truthfinder. A truly magnificent ship. And very old. On the bridge you are met by The Head of the Ecclesia Iudicatores himself. Grand Inquisitor Kramer. You have never seen the man only heard of him in rumours. In his truly ancient massive power armour he looks huge and impressive.[6]

Ahhh...Lord Archon Luthias. I followed your exploits on the Xeno Crusades closely and i must say i am most impressed. You ever heard of the saying: If you kill one man you are a murderer, if you kill many you are a hero and if you kill all you are a god? Although this saying is of course heretical it pretty much sums up your doings. You sir, acclerated a process of a several decades to the point were the extinction of these Xenos will only take about a year and that all with the limited resources of a few Credits and roughly 20 Regiments. Impressive...very impressive.

he bows before you.

Sadly you are a reformist and your actions nearly dooms this planet to a destiny of a Death World. But that is secondary...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: December 21, 2012, 06:56:27 pm »

Luthias takes his time and retunrs the bow to the ancient leader of the Inquisition.

"My lord, you honour me with your presence above my diocese world. Yes, I have been attempting to carry out a tremendous work, with help of Pancreator and few brave souls willing to put thier faith in the validity of this mission."

He shifted rather uneasy when he heard the second part of Inquisitor's littel spiel.
"Yes, I admit I am of a different philosophical stance, but I do not stray from any of the commandments or teachings of the church in act or word. and I have a plan that may save this world and bring close to this dreaded war. Since my troops are on the ground and we are far from being overrrun, would it be possible for my men to break through to the centres of the infected zones and place beacons there for precision orbital strikes? Only the infected sites would be cauterised, leaving the rest of the planet clean and wholy in the hands of Man. I have already made agreements about terraforming the remanats and making the world more liveable after the operation is over.
I also want to say that I shall deliver beacons myself if I have to, to atone for any damage I have wrought upon men of this planet."

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: December 26, 2012, 02:28:11 pm »

Delvos don't like the eerie silence of this ship, so he turns the flashlight at maximum. "....Sheeessshhhhh, check the corners, dudes. We try to find the main power generator or some auxiliary systems to get that ship bright and alive." He raises his assault rifle and give hand signs to advance.

Scout the ship for energy systems.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: December 27, 2012, 04:09:38 am »

"Ahh, Malcador! It has been too long. As for the family, I was a hermit! You tell me how our family is doing. But I have much to discuss. Based on your being here, I need to speak with whichever of my relatives is running this place. It's of the utmost importance."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: December 27, 2012, 10:26:44 am »

That would be Azthor at the moment. He is your great-grand-... forget it, i doubt he counts as relative anymore. I bring you to him.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: December 30, 2012, 10:00:41 am »

Yes, I suppose. Now what's going on here.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: December 30, 2012, 10:54:14 am »

Si'kar

All over the Planet the armies are retreating into secure Areas. All offers of help are refused.

Trent

[?] There are far too many people to save them in time, yyou just dont have the logistical capacity even witht he help of two frigates...

Luthias

[1+2] The Grand Inquisitor grimaces.

Sadly that is not possible Archon. This infection is like a cancer which needs to be cut out, and as with cancer you need to be sure to remove everything and that means we cut away more than we need to so that we are sure to cleanse the area.

With this he turned around and gave a nearby Bridge Operator a sign. The next Moment the Vox-Comms all over the Inquisitional Fleet and all over the Planet sprung to life.

Sons and Daughters of the Pancreator, without Purity we are lost. It is the Inquisitions duty to cleanse all Impurity. This planet has been tainted by Aliens and Heretics and it is now that we will perform our duty. In Fealty to the Pancreator, Our Undying Lord and by the Grace of the Church, as decreed and proclaimed by Holy Writ, i hereby cleanse the World of Si'kar and consign a billion souls to oblivion. May Inquisitional Justice account in all balances, the Pancreator Protects.

With this the entire Fleet opens Fire. A Hail of Bullets, each the size of a two-story house, enter the planets atmosphere and mere moments later the entire planet is suffocated in ashes. And again Si'kar is engulfed in the Terror of Genocide of Unbelievable Proportions. Each Grenade contains a benzol-gas mix which, upon explosion, is turned into its sub-molecular state and produces a thermal-wave far stronger than any nuclear weapon could ever achieve. The Effect is terrifying, whole continents are turned into vast seas of molten slag. Toxic gases are released into the atmosphere and the planet heats up causing not only the polar caps to melt but also a mass extinction of plant and animal life.

In a single moment Si'kars complete Biosphere recieves a hit from which it will never quite recover. Toxic Ashes make the Atmosphere hard to breathe, a whole continent turns into a sea of molten slag, evaporating the seas of the planet and shaking around the entire Planets Climate. In a few days the Planet will have heated up several degrees, smelting the pole caps, the toxic ashes will have spread over the atmosphere and will rain down thanks to the massive evaporation caused by the sea of molten slag. But for now and eerie silence spreads over the planet now covered in thick dark clouds of ash. The silence of an entire planet holding it's last breath, fearing its death if it should take another.

169 Parcels of Unclaimed Land on Nova Babaricum have turned into Burned Wastelands
45 Parcels of Church Land on Nova Babaricum have turned into Burned Wastelands
14 Parcels of infected Church Lands have been turned into Burned Wastelands
28 Parcels of uninfected Church lands have been turned into Burned Wastelands
10 Parcels of infected Nova Lands have been turned into Burned Wastelands
20 Parcels of uninfected Nova Lands have been turned into Burned Wastelands
Si'kars Atmosphere has turned from TI (Earth-like) to TIIb(Breathmask required)
Massive changes in its Biosphere cause a random roll for the Season Change (Spring,Summer,Autumn,Winter,Toxic Season,???)
until either the Planets Biosphere has settled down by itself or through terraforming.

Delvos

[6] You quickly find the Engine Rooms and...something else. While the whole ship seems to be abandoned at first you feel...watched, the closer you get to the Engine Room, the more uneasy you become. Soon you find weird mold-like growths on the walls which soon begin to cover the entire hallways. When you finally enter the Engine Rooms you find the corpse of a giant...amidst the growths. the whole engine room is covered with the strange growths and you can't use the controls due to them...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 08:06:58 am by Ghazkull »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: December 30, 2012, 11:55:17 am »

Luthis was taken aback and horrified at what has transpired. He could not comprehend the idea of immolating his world based on vague threat. For him, it was shooting a fly with a cannon. But a nagging thought at the back of his head called him out on his hipocrysy, which had not ocurred so long ago, when Si'kar was bathed in atomic fire and chemical agents by his own order.

It was also at that moment that he begun to despise Inquisition with all his mind and soul. They were not instruments of Pancreator's will - they were self-serving and paranoid monsters, abusing and sucking blood of humanity in name of ideas that neither rang true nor served any real purpose in this dark age.  He also saw that his zealotry was responsible too. He felt sick to the stomach.

"May will of Pancreator be done. You did your duty well, Lord Inquisitor." he said coldly and without emotion. His face was white and strained, but without emotion. He had to leave and go down there, to fix it all. People needed help, and Inquisiton would get their turn later. Path to true atonement was starting now...

Return to Si'kar, recall all forces to Castellum Fidelis to organise a relief effort. Call in Trent for personal meeting.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: December 30, 2012, 12:11:44 pm »

Trent came rushing inside to meet the Archon, staving the guards off with a glare and a quick grasp of the pistol at his side. Walking in Trent threw a battered, and pitch-black soot covered helmet to the floor and took his place in front of you. Trent stands before you looking weary and worn down, his clothes are stained black by soot or literally charred jet black, and his hair is slicked down from the weight of the debris stuck in it. The only things with a clean appearance on his person are the pendant bearing his house crest, the old flintlock pistol, and the strange xeno spear he carries. Suddenly taking on a rather grim expression he speaks,

"I heard the Inquisition was paranoid, and war-mongering, but this ... this is genocide of man and xeno alike. They killed their own men in their haste, millions of our people have already been counted dead and that number is rising, and this world is set to become a Death World the likes of which have never been seen.

The name my men chose is quite fitting now don't you think?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: December 31, 2012, 10:46:02 am »

"One thing is certain - we must start rebuilding this world as soon as possible." Luthias sighed.
I do not know if this world has a capacity to rebuild itself in our lifetime however. We will contact Cr'tok, see if they are willing to cooperate. If so, you will be my liason and you will also oversee terraforming work on Si'kar. I will try to gather help and resources form somewhere else. Also, you have labs of Castellum Fidelis at your disposal. Prepare blueprints, experiments and what have you and the nsend cost estimates to me."

He then moved to his desk and opened up his computer, trying to contact that crazy old coot Azthor. Perhaps it was time to pool resources before humans of Si'kar die out.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: January 02, 2013, 11:48:31 am »

Delvos doesn't like mushrooms and especially mold is one of his nemesis. At least when that mold grows worringly fast. "I think we found out why this ship is abadoned. I say, we get out and fly away? Any other suggestions?" He doesn't wait for answers "No? Good. Run!"

Flee like a pussy.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 89