Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60941 times)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
Re: HOTRS II: Scorched Earth Winter 103 AE
« Reply #1230 on: November 27, 2012, 03:24:38 pm »

"So the kid got himself killed in the first fight we come across? Not quite what nobles used to be in the days of yore"

Scavenge what flak armor, power armor and imperial weaponry we can out of the dead soldiers. Have all corpses incinerated.
Appoint Jarod Nova as the new Head Researcher of House Nova.
Request for Jarod to do a scan of the area we lost contact with before moving onwards with the army.
Consult with Malcador on what to do about the Eternal Darkness. Consider different ways of dealing with it.

Research suggestion (Jarod Nova is free to change it): 25% flak armor, 25% industrialism, 50% irrigation.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 03:28:17 pm by Azthor »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: November 27, 2012, 03:27:36 pm »

Research in Nova since Dragor is to lazy to do it.

Lack of Head Researcher: -10
Outdated Laboratories: -5
Agri-Prime Genetics Engineers: +10 on Agricultural Researches 10 Credits per turn
Hephaistos Forge Overseers: +10 on Industrial Researches 10 Credits per turn
Ecclesiastica Schola: -10
Aivan Industries Lab Equipment: +30 General Research Bonus 1/2 Crit Fail 30 Credits
Hephaistos Forge Engineers : +10 Metallurgy/Mechnical Research 43 Credits / 10 Credits per turn
MediGen Corporation Veterinaries : +5 on Medical Research +15 Bonus on Animal Husbandry Research  17 Credits / 8 Credits per turn
Warhammer Securities Advisors: +8 Bonus on Military Research 11 Credits / 8 Credits per turn
Hephaistos Forge Draftmen: +6 bonus on industrial Research 20 Credits / 2 Credits per turn

Random Researching Events:
[4] Minor Breakthrough in Industrialism [+10 Bonus in Industrialism]
[4] Minor Breakthrough in Flak Armours [ +10 Bonus in Flak Armours]
[6] Massive Breakthrough in Irrigation [+30 Bonus in Irrigation, Discovery of Crop Rotation]

[55 +5 = 60]

Irrigation [70/100] +30 General Research, +30 Bonus, +10 Personnel
Industrialism [115/100] +15 General Research, +10 Bonus, +16 Personnel
Flak Armour [90/100] +15 General Research, +10 Bonus, + 18 Personnel
Industrial Complex [0/100]
WW1-Weaponry [0/100]
Motorized-Upgrade [0/100]
Tanks [0/100]
Crop Rotation [0/100]

You discovered Industrialism!
You can now Build Cities!

New Technologies:
WW1-Weaponry
Motorized-Upgrade
Tanks
Industrial Complex

« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 03:55:33 pm by Ghazkull »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: November 27, 2012, 03:41:49 pm »

Azthor

[1] All armor and weapons are too destroyed to be scavenged.

You speak with Malcador and he seems genuinely unsettled by the piece of land covered in Blackness. [1] He himself has no idea how to deal with it

[2] Jarods scand oesn't reveal anything useful...at all.

1 Update Till Escalation
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 03:43:49 pm by Ghazkull »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 27, 2012, 04:14:15 pm »

Trent watched as men clambered into the shuttles, Delvos stood beside him with the Bloodbrothers not far off, and Trent's personal guard the Si'kar Avengers stuck close by. They would be the last to move off as it would give him and Delvos time to talk, as the first shuttle took off towards its destination Trent broke the silence,

"Your help was much appreciated Delvos, as of now our contract is completed and you can go off to another job if you wish. Now I'm stuck waiting for a chance to help fix the hell this world is turning into, I'm sure Nova has need of your services if you wish to look for someone to hire, and I'd be more then willing to transport you to Novan lands if you wish."

Pausing he looked at the nearby temple, and the fields surrounding it, flames blazed in small patches but for the most part only coals and small sparks of the fire still flickered in the lands. Now a desolate waste, no life stirred other then the lines of soldiers, and the formations of cavalry as the cannons had long since moved on. Sighing Trent looked over to Delvos with a worn and tired expression before continuing,

"Who'd have thought it would end this way, our world is ravaged by monstrosities, and unknown phenomenon threatens House Nova, and I am forced to order the burning of people I was supposed to protect. Most of all the Church and House Nova are on the verge of an all out world,"

Trent breaks off as he lets out a low laugh,

"In this entire ordeal you are most likely the luckiest out of all of us. You only have to worry about keeping your men alive, and making a profit for your group, and now here I am about to ask you to extend this contract. I have no money to pay you with, what little I have I keep in case I must arm the rest of Church lands to protect it from whatever horrors are sure to lay upon it.

I offer payment in the future for that is all I can guarantee, and whatever protection I can give you in the future, but it is your choice. If you wish I'll have you to Novan Lands within three days. What do you say Delvos?"

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 27, 2012, 04:19:45 pm »

Delvos is quite baffled by Trents offer. What to do? Risk that he don't get his pay or earning the trust of a noble and a pay in the future?

"...Take me to the Realms of the Nova..."

No, he can't just risk foolishy the lives from his merry men, just by a promise from a man he barely knows. Sad thing, that a thing like creditworthiness does not exist... Yet.

"...I can't work without any pay. You paid with a transport. But now, you can't offer me more. I'm sorry, but I must think about the future of my company. It's wiser to seek a contract with the House Nova."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: November 27, 2012, 04:30:31 pm »

Trent nodded as Delvos finished his reply, rubbing his hand against the haft of the spear that jutted down beside his saddle he gave a moment to think. Sighing he replied,

"Then so be it, your reasoning is a good one, and perhaps one the old me would have used, but no need to delve into those matters. As I've promised the shuttles your men board will take you to Novan Lands, I can pull no strings there as I know little of the inner workings that are sure to have changed after so long. All I can do is give you a bit of advice, tread lightly, you never know when that snake Malcador will be watching you while your there. May we meet again, hopefully the next we meet it shall not be in war."

Giving Delvos a solemn nod Trent rode off to maintain order among the leaving soldiers.

Spoiler: Info (click to show/hide)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: November 28, 2012, 02:59:22 pm »

Escalation...

The Excessive use of Chemical Weapons, the Destruction of Natural Biotopes aswell as the burgeoning Industrialism in Novan Lands caused an irreversible change in the Atmosphere and thus in the Planetwide Climate, something which the short sighted Patrons of the Planet would soon Notice...
Treatise on the Birth of a Death World
Dr.Johann Selzer

[2] This years Winter is harsher and longer then usual. [2,3,1] Planetwide Crop Failures cause the Nobles and Powers of the World to either import Food or use its stocks. The Price for Food rapidly rises. The Piece of Bread ranges now somewhere between 40 and 60 Groschen as opposed to a single one before.

Nova Babaricum
1: [5][2] 1 Parcel Xeno-Farmland Infected
4: [6][6][2] 2 Parcels Xeno-Farmland Infected 2x Class 3 Outbreak
6: [5+1][6+1][6+1][5+1][5+1][5+1][4+1][3+1][2+1][3+1] 10 Parcels Xeno Farlmand Infected 4x Class 3 Outbreak, 2x Class 3a Outbreak
7: [3] nothing happens
8: [1] The Fireant plague subsides...the mutated ant queens die in the unnaturally cold winter
11:[5][3] 2 Parcels Xeno Farmland...cease to be
12:[3] nothing happens
15:[3] nothing happens
16:[6][4] 1 Parcel Chemo Wasteland...settled
17: [1] Global Cooling causes the Hivemind to freeze to death...
18: [5][4] 2 Parcels Xeno Farmland infected.
19: [1] A parcel of land died...
20: [3] 1 Parcel of Chemo Wasteland converted to Haunted Forest
27: [4] 1 Parcel was covered in Eternal Darkness
28: [3] nothing happens
30: [6][1] Class 3 Outbreak

Novan Lands
17: [5][4] Contact to two more Novan Farmsteads has been lost
27: [6][6][3] 2 More Parcels vanish into the Black Fog. 2x Class 3 Outbreaks

Class 3 Oubtreaks
4: [3,5] 1 Parcel Komturei in Church Lands infected with Experiment 343, 1 Parcel Novan Farmsteads infected with Experiment 343
6: [4,3,4,1] 4 Parcels Komturei in Church Lands infected with Grim Death Plague, 4 Parcels Novan Farmsteads infected with Grim Death Plague
30: [3] 1 Parcel Komturei ceased to respond
27: 2 Parcels Komturei vanish into Eternal Darkness

[?] Contact with Inquisition has been established. 1 Season till Taskforce Hope will arrive in system.

4 Parcels Novan Farmsteads infected with Grim Death Plague
1 Parcel Novan Farmsteads infected with Experiment 343
2 Parcels Novan Farmsteads cease to respond [17]
2 Parcels Novan Farmsteads covered in Eternal Darkness

4 Parcels Komturei in Church Lands infected with Grim Death Plague
1 Parcel Komturei in Church Lands infected with Experiment 343
1 Parcel Komturei ceased to respond [30]
2 Parcels Komturei vanish into Eternal Darkness

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: HOTRS II: Crapsack World Winter 103 AE
« Reply #1237 on: November 28, 2012, 03:04:55 pm »

Attempt to scan all infected areas except the ones under the Eternal Darkness. Report the results to Azthor.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 28, 2012, 03:24:59 pm »

Jarod Nova

[5] You try Scanning the Area and soon, you can send Pictures of the Infected Areas and all worthwhile data:

4 Parcels Farmsteads have catachted the Grim Death Plague...you heard about it in times before the downfall, it was a terrible disease which nearly killed a third of the population. The infected Areas are completely filled with the sick. It seems to be stronger then usual. (Population in the Area still at full Manpower)

1 Parcel has seen a renewed infection of Experiment 343. [4+1]  Rough estimation tells you that 5 Packs are roaming the Area (1 Population remaining)

3 Parcels seem weird all population is dead and the area seems to be filled with all kinds of felines. tigers,panthers,leopards,cats and so on. You count nearly 50 different species. what they all have in common is that they move around in large packs and seem to work together as if...guided. Further Scans reveal a ridiculously large Biosignature in the centre of the Area. (1 Population remaining)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 28, 2012, 03:32:14 pm »

Raise four fortressborn regiments. Keep them in the reserve.
Tackle the feline infestation with the whole army, deploy a thick line formation.
Have the provinces infected with the Grim Death quarantined, nothing goes in or out.
Collect samples and start developing a vaccine for the Black Plague.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 02:31:14 pm by Azthor »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: November 28, 2012, 03:54:21 pm »

Trent is to deploy his forces in infected parcels in Church HQ and contain everything.
One of my frigates is to conduct detailed orbital scan of the areas covered with dakrness and of the ones that lost contact with us.
Provided the current area has been purged in Nova Barbaricum, claim it and move onto next one to purge it.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 28, 2012, 04:36:59 pm »

Use remaining funds to build a wall around the remaining non-infected and non-previously infected Church lands
Six regiments of Church Levies are to be raised from the populace (Outdated Armor, Medieval Weapons, Ordinary born)
The main church army, and my Personal guard are to move to engage the Experiment 343 infestation
Have the Church Levies guard the remaining Church Lands, anyone showing signs of the infection or the Grim Death Plague are to be detained, tested, and killed if they show positive for either disease. If capture of said infected is impossible the infected person is to be shot.
All Church lands are to be informed that we are now at war with unholy abominations, following any laws set will help ensure the lives of millions of their friends, family, and more.

Spoiler: Info (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 03:26:20 pm by adwarf »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 28, 2012, 06:46:08 pm »

Blasted Lands

[4] Your Scouts notice a number of shuttles rolling in. It turns out Cr'tok is holding its promise of doing its best. The shuttle contains several [3] Regiments worth of Reclamators. Scientists,Machines and everything needed to renaturate. They immediately begin on the Areas you secured.

[2] Your haggling with the Inquisition goes not so well, seeing you having used bio weapons destroys all the reputation you have built up by conducting the Crusade successfully against so many enemies, however at least they won't do anything to you. With their arrivals your status will be lifted and you will find yourself again in the warm safe embrace of the Church.

Castellum Fidelis

[6] Long is the row of the convicted in Castellum Fidelis, it will take the better part of the day to execute them all and hang them in places were they can be well seen. Guarded closely by the few guards remaining in the Castellum  they watch as their compatriots find an untimely end. Almost as to oppose the depressing scene the weather is beautiful and the sky is blue and clear.

"By Order of his Divine Majesty Archon Luthias, you are found guilty of the following crimes!"

a dry CRACK as the first group of Convicts get plunged into their death.

"Infiltration of Church owned facilities"

Crack

"Disclosing sensitive informations to Outsiders"

Crack

"and Heresy"

Crack

"These Crimes are punishable by hanging from the neck until death."

Another Crack and five more Convicts are hanged. By the End of the Day 235 Members of the Household, the Staff,the Guards and from outside have been hanged. A Clear message to anyone trying to spy on the Archon of Si'kar.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 29, 2012, 07:41:56 am »

((I must say, I love the ways things are heading.))

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 30, 2012, 09:20:19 am »

((I know I shouldn't doublepost, but I don't want my players to miss this post.))

Tavius

Well, we didn't know you were on good terms with the new Novan leadership. We'll start working on your cruiser and send word to Nova of the new arrangement. Welcome again to Hephaistos.

You are a bit puzzled by that talk of "new leadership". Did something happens to Aeverys? You're left wondering as the salesman left already. A few hours later, a couple of tugs come and bring the Cruiser to the shipyard, while a shuttle bring you to the main spacestation, a sprawling complex sitting atop a space elevator.

Robert (It's robert, innit?)

You try Standard, Criank, Sharnok and the other half-dozen language you know a few words of. The creatures all smile at you, but don't seem to react to any of those languages. [4] Sign languages does seems to work. From what you gather, those creatures are in fear of some other creatures, which have guns and probably killed your comrades. Or at least you think that's what the slitting throat motion meant.

You still cannot comunicate more than that. However, the aliens do seems to have reached an argument. One of them leave the room, then come back with a large need and point to your eye. He evidently seems to want to stab you in the eye with his needle.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 89