Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60937 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HOTRS II: Scorched Earth Winter 103 AE
« Reply #1215 on: November 21, 2012, 05:46:53 pm »

Burn anything left standing, and burn the infected corpses as well. We can't risk anything spreading outside.
Have a wall constructed around the wasteland province, no one is to enter the area and all leaving are to be checked for any signs of infection and cleaned.

Robyn

« Reply #1216 on: November 22, 2012, 06:37:47 pm »

Approach the Archon.

Good day Archon, a fine battle this was the savages never stood a chance, do you have anything I could do to assist you?

Spoiler: My character. (click to show/hide)

Included this so people can see who I am.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 06:53:30 pm by Robyn »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: November 23, 2012, 06:51:41 pm »

Archon looked tired. He was sitting in his tent, his armor half-undone. The holo-projector was switched off, he seen enough date to know exaclty what was happening.

"Ah yes, Robyn good day to you too. This was indeed a splendid battle, although this is but one of many."

He looked at her, his eyes enjoying the sight of a friendly face in the sea of monsters and blood.

While I do want to move quickly, I do not know the exact details of terrain we will be moving across. I want you to scout ahead and give me a detailed repport on neighbouring regions - the satellite images are distorted due to the anomalies we keep encountering. I will recruit more troops just for that job.

Recruit 3 regiments of Scout Cavalry (Leather Armor,Muskets,Green Ordinary, Cavalry). Give them to Robyn.
Her Task : Explore and scout adjacent regions surrounding our current region.

Robyn

« Reply #1218 on: November 23, 2012, 06:56:00 pm »

"Of course Archon, I shall set out the moment the soldiers are ready."

Have a message dispatched by one of my subordinates to all mercenary companies on or capable of reaching the planet stating that I wish to hire well armed and blooded soldiers.

Mount a horse, head for the next parcel of land in a straight line from this one, have one of the 3 regiments 100 meters ahead spread out into a line 50 meters across to search the ground ahead of my advance, they are to fall back to the main force the moment they make contact with the enemy or spot an enemy force, also have 30 men split into groups of three out on each flank up to 200 meters out always within sight of another group.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 07:37:52 pm by Robyn »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 25, 2012, 08:48:45 am »

((Sorry for not posting earlier 10ebbor, but only now did I manage to remove my metaphorical fingers from the place where they where metaphorically stuck and read all your adventures in details. Let's have fun then.))

[6] Anchored next to your subs are a dozens crafts of varying size. However, they are unlike anything you've ever seen, being made not of metal and plastic but some form of pulsing, seemingly alive materials.

You interrupt your examination when one of the security guard shriek behing you. A large metallic door is closing, cutting you off from the ocean.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: November 25, 2012, 04:25:04 pm »

Harbor doors. Why didn't we notice those when we got it. Anyway, radio to the mainship. Explain what's going on, and tell them that they should prepare an explosive charge. Just in case.

Explore local surroundings. Try to find a map. Stay within shouting range from the craft, and try not to get split up by any additionall blast doors.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 26, 2012, 03:35:56 am »

You walk for a few minutes along the dark, metallic, featureless corridor with your guards and scientist buddy. Suddenly your hear a light knicking noise beind you. You swiftly turn around and see a large (around 3m) humanoid creature motioning to you silently and frantically from an opening in the wall. You're an archeologist, not a xenologist but you're pretty sure of two things: 1) It want you to follow it and 2) It is scared shitless.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 26, 2012, 11:18:56 am »

Let's follow the indigenous native. Watch out for traps.

And mysterious deadly monsters that lurk in the dark.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 26, 2012, 11:41:37 am »

You step into the opening, when the humanoid, looking more and more frantic, shut it down right behind you. Before you can do anything, its powerful paw is in front of your mouth preventing you from shouting. [?] Outside, you hear shouts and cry from your teammates, as well as low *pop* which are probably the sound of unknown weapons.

You hear heavy footstep behind the wall for a while, then your hear whoever is on the other side of the wall get away toward the core of the station, dragging your mates behind.

After waiting a few minutes more, the humanoid releases you and motion to follow him into what look like a technical corridor.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 26, 2012, 12:00:03 pm »

Follow, but try to ask silently what happened. See if I got a radio with me.

(Pops are stunguns, right?)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 26, 2012, 12:23:55 pm »

((Ask silently? :p Sorry, you didn't have the mime perk. :p))

You whisper your questions to the humanoid, it turns back toward you and smile, then turns back and continue in the corridor, walking on all for like an oversized gorilla. After a while, it open another panel in the wall (the slits in it suggest an aeration pane) and come out into a small room where half a dozen of those humanoid are waiting. The one that led you point to you and say something in a low, rumbling tone. What seems like an argument now break out between the things, the one led you seemingly arguing with a smaller humanoid with a black armband.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 26, 2012, 04:56:58 pm »

Things were going faster than expected, which also meant that they'd probably end up in disaster. At least he still had the radio,... Blast. He gave it to the marine, to call for support.
Not that any support could arrive, considering the blastdoors and lack of submarine.
Anyway, currently he was captive, or being rescued by strange aliens, who didn't even speak his language, who appeared to be discussing his fate.

Cautiously any languages I know, hoping for a reaction. Try to recognize the beings. Employ silly sign language if need be.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 27, 2012, 02:15:06 pm »

Azthor,mesor

Quarantine Army
1 Regiments Power-Armoured Veterans (Veteran,Fortressborn,Imperial Weaponry,Power-Armoured,Resilent) +6 Strength, +4 Tactics, +5 Morale [7/7HP] Immune to Disease 
1 Regiment House Guard (Veteran(4b),Nobleborn,Imperial Weaponry,Power Armoured,Loyal,Genetically Engineered) +8 Strength, +5 Tactics,  +11 Morale [8/8HP] (Personal Guard)
1 Regiment Motorized Regulars (Bloodied, Fortressborn,Imperial Weaponry,Flak-Armour, Trucks)  +5 Strength, +5 Tactics, +3 Morale [2/2HP]
4 Regiments Power-Armoured Regulars (Regular,Ordinary,Imperial Weaponry, Power-Armoured) +3 Strength, 0 Tactics, +2 Morale [5/5HP]
1 Regiments "Luks Unlucky Bunch" (Bloodied,Frontiermen,Imperial Weaponry,Flak-Armour,Babarians) +6 Strength, -2 Tactics, +1 Morale  [3/3 HP]
46 Regiments Reachwood Irregulars (Bloodied, Frontiermen,Imperial Weaponry,Flak Armour) +5 Strength, 0 Tactics, +1 Morale [3/3Hp]
3 Regiments Reachwood Irregulars (Bloodied, Frontiermen,Imperial Weaponry,Flak Armour) +5 Strength, 0 Tactics, +1 Morale [2/3Hp]
5 Regiments Reachwood Irregulars (Bloodied(1b), Frontiermen,Flamethrowers,Heavy Armour) +6 Strength, -1 Tactics, +1 Morale [5/5Hp] Morale Shock!
1 Regiments Reachwood Irregulars (Militia(1b), Frontiermen,Flamethrowers,Heavy Armour) +4 Strength, -3 Tactics, -1 Morale [4/5Hp] Morale Shock!
1 Regiment Outer-Rim Power-Armours (Regular,Rimborn,Imperial Weaponry, Power-Armoured) +3 Strength, +1 Tactics, +3 Morale [2/4HP]

2 Packs Experiment 343 (Regular, 343, Teeth and Claw, Chamaeleon Hide) +5 Strength, 0 tactics, 0 Morale [6/6HP]

Round 1

[4 vs 5] Although your men are in tight packed formations it doesn't save them from the Reptilic beasts appearing almost from nowhere. Attacking the weakest link in the army, all the attacked regiments can do is fight for their lives in a brutal melee. The other Regiments don't dare interfere, lest they shoot their companions.

Melee: 24 Rolls: 3Hits, 6Hits!  1 Regiment Reachwood Irregulars annihilated, 1 Regiment Rimborn Power-Armours annihilated,1 Pack Experiment 343 (Regular, 343, Teeth and Claw, Chamaeleon Hide) +5 Strength, 0 tactics, 0 Morale [3/6HP]

The melee is bloody and although your soldiers do their best to defeat the horrid beasts they go down by the score. And Raith is caught in the midst of this massacre. [2]One of the Beasts charges upon him but of the remaining guards [6] three come to his aid additional 3 HP

[5 vs. 3] The beast pounces onto the first of the guards and while ripping him apart it manages to evade the attacks of the other two guards. [Raith 5/6HP]
[3 vs. 5] But while its busy tearing the guard apart the men manage to hit it point-blank into its torso, screeching in pain it takes on the guards.[2/3 Hp]
[4 vs. 1] Who retreat under the vicious attacks with its Claws, stumbling over the corpse of a comrade another of your Guards dies [Raih 4/6HP]
[1 vs. 2] Dying the guard manages to blow another hole into the beasts hide , whic suprisingly just shrugs it off [1/3 HP]
[4 vs. 3] Screaming the Last Guard makes a run but is torn apart quickly [Raith 3/6 HP]

You are facing the beast now alone. [2] Trying to escape it its claws rake open your back. Stumbling you fall to your knees agony lancing through your back. [1] Behind you the beast victoriously releases a roar before hamstringing you. Weeping you crawl for your life and as the beast looms over you opening its mouth for the killing [4] a laser bolt hits it in the flank. Screeching it wheels around. [1] However it seems the distraction was temporally, it turns back to you and [1] ends your desperate struggles with a single bite.

Round 2

The beasts continue their slaughter the next group of soldiers.

Melee: 18 Rolls: 8 Hits, 9Hits! 3 Regiments Reachwood Irregulars annihilated, 2 Packs Experiment 343 annihilated.

In abrutal Melee the beasts slaughter their way through regiment after regiment all the while taking heavy losses until finally your men manage to put them down.

Raith Nova has died
3 Regiments Reachwood Irregulars (Bloodied, Frontiermen,Imperial Weaponry,Flak Armour) annihilated
1 Regiments Reachwood Irregulars (Militia(1b), Frontiermen,Flamethrowers,Heavy Armour) annihilated
1 Regiment Outer-Rim Power-Armours (Regular,Rimborn,Imperial Weaponry, Power-Armoured) annihilated
2 Packs Experiment 343 annihilated

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 27, 2012, 02:24:19 pm »

Luthias

The Xenos quickly surrender, in their weakened state they don't want to fight anymore they just want to be left alive.

[1] The market is completely saturated from your last batch...nobody wants to buy any Xeno Slaves anymore...

You can't sell any Xeno-Slaves for this Season.

Trent,Delvos

You cleanse the Area thoroughly and nothing remains.

Komturei reduced to Burned Wasteland

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HOTRS II: A Shade of Things to come 103 AE (In need of Nobles)
« Reply #1229 on: November 27, 2012, 02:31:20 pm »

The man was dumb struck at the Custodian's appearance. Slowly, he held out his hand, putting it through the hologram.

"A fully-fledged AI... I had heard of such thing, but I didn't know any was left. I think we can make a deal here: Leave is this "Custodian" and we will refit your ship.

At this, the hologram of the custodian seems to glow red for a moment.
I am afraid this won't do, meatbag. I am here to guard the Viridian Dream and the Artifact it contain and won't part with it. I suggest you leave now before the Servants Units dispose of your fleshy body.

The salesman look at you, then at the custodian again before shrugging and turning around.

We can start working on your ship as soon as you've got the money. Oh, and since you seems to be carrying various Artifacts, many of whom would doubtless interest the Church, the price is now an extra 75 credits. Have a good stay in Hephaistos sir!

"Bill the extra costs to House Nova, they'll understand. Any surcharges for keeping the repair work under the radar?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 89