Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60930 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HOTRS II: Scorched Earth Winter 103 AE
« Reply #1200 on: November 18, 2012, 04:28:17 pm »

Over hearing the message presented to Patriarch Azthor Raith then says the following.

"Patriarch I know a little of the houses history with this man and the church, he is not worth your time at present when our land is under threat, with your permission I will attend the meeting in your place. I believe he will request access to our lands to attempt to fix the damage that fool of an Archon has done and would like to accept if that is the case. If for no other reason then since his master caused the problem it seems right that his men should suffer the consequences for it."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 04:31:54 pm by mesor »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: November 20, 2012, 09:13:08 pm »

Send a message back.

"The patriarch is busy and we are not inclined to deal with the church after you released this plague upon our land.
If you have something to ask then you can send a message to me and I will take it to him if I deem it to be worth while otherwise we have a battle to prepare for.

Raith Nova, patriarchs ward.
"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: November 20, 2012, 09:58:29 pm »

Trent stared at the wall of the room, slightly angered at the message he got back, raising his voice he talked to the scribe standing by him,

"Send a message back. I did not release this plague, and I will not take the credit for choosing to release it get that straight. As for the rest, I will discuss my deal with the Patriarch and no one else especially someone so weak in power and new to the tides that run on this planet."

Nodding his head the scribe ran off to have the message delivered. Trent turned to the small window of the monastery room and looked out to the farm land beyond, clusters of tents covered the nearby land and he could vaguely make out the men on horse back trotting along the edge of the camp with the sentries staring out into the cold night. Seeing this Trent shook his head, and set back to the little work he had ... 

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: November 20, 2012, 10:09:12 pm »

Respond
"The church used the weapons that drove this plague on to our land and the Patriarch has no wish to speak with you while he has an army to lead in to battle. I'll be happy to pass on a message for you. I did not mean offense or to blame you specifically but I am short on time and we are preparing for battle with an enemy we know little about. Would you like me to pass on a message or not? I assume from the fact that you contacted us you wish for permission to enter our lands to combat this threat? If this is so I will pass the request on for his consideration and respond to you shortly, if this is the case I will add my support as that is an honorable course of action."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: November 20, 2012, 10:14:16 pm »

"As stated I will discuss my deal with the Patriarch and no one else especially someone so weak in power and new to the tides that run on this planet, this is the last message you will receive till the Patriarch contacts me. Good luck, may the Pancreator be with Nova."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 20, 2012, 10:23:54 pm »

Respond.

"How would you know what power I posses? You have never even heard of me until now, and in terms of power I am the second highest ranking member of this army as well as being one of only 3 members of the family that rules this kingdom. Few men in the Novan kingdom have more power then I do and I have it within my power to grant you access on my own authority if I see fit to do so. You can make contact through me or not at all, you have little position to voice demands in this situation."

Tell Azthor.

My lord, the traitor who contacted us refuses to speak with anybody but you, given this arrogance by a man who betrayed our house and was defeated I suggest we have no further contact, I should think he wishes entrance in to our lands but a man so arrogant as to demand contact with you while he serves the man who caused this could never be trusted on our lands."

« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 01:55:57 pm by mesor »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: November 21, 2012, 10:07:34 am »

Raith

[?] While Raith has meant to keep all messages from the Patriarch he forget one thing: Malcador. The Old Man double checked all messages going in and out of the House first and thus he immediately made copies of the conversation before forwarding them to the Patriarch.

Luthias

[4] You leave your current position and move deeper into Terra Incognita. Among a large Hive with surrounding Farmlands, you find the effects of one of the Fungal Weapons used on the Xenos: The weapon had done it's duty and the spores have mostly subsided, most of the land is covered in dead mushrooms and Xenos. Moving cautiously into the Lands your Frigates soon report however some Infected Remnants of the Fungal Plague: A Horde of 10 Regiments of Fungal-Carriers.
Your Outriders simultaneously report back from the areas the Frigates couldn't cover in the meantime. North of where the Fungus Bombs hit, you find an area that should have been infected with dysentry. Your Outriders report that while the Xenos there are severly weakened, still roughly 14 Units worth of Population remain in the local Hive and the surrounding Farms.

Trent,Delvos

Using the Frigates you quickly move back to Church Lands and landing in Castellum Fidelis try to get a handle on the situation.

[4] Reports are quickly trickling in: It is indeed a similiar although downtuned version of the F-4H Virus, a quick look through teh Cr'tok Manuals and the Notes of the Church's Gunners, tell you taht it is F-2. A early predecessor of F-4H. What you can glean further is that the infection has been up to now pretty small. From what you can glean 2 Units of Population have been infected and the Komturei turned into a Wasteland.

Spoiler: Info (click to show/hide)

Jarod

The Sensors seem to work just fine. Hmm, maybe that Area of Darkness is obscuring their work...

Azthor,mesor

[4,1] Your troops come to a bridge and entering a column formation start to move over it. When your last Regiment makes ready to cross the bridge you find yourself suddenly in an ambush. Appearing almost out of nowhere the huge four-legged bear-sized beasts attack en masse. Not just a pack of 10 or 20-no- dozens of them attack your Regiment. Dozens of your men die screaming the power-armours seemingly useless against the voracious beasts. YOu manage to shoot a few but before you can bring any order into your men the beasts vanish, having taken down a good number of your soldiers.

[2] Scouts sent to the Area were you lost contact, vanish too.

Outer-Rim Power-Armours lose 2 HP
Spoiler:  Quarantine Army (click to show/hide)

2 Updates till Escalation.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: November 21, 2012, 12:43:19 pm »

(( When did I mean to keep them secret? ))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: November 21, 2012, 01:03:50 pm »

Move my men into the center of the formation and out of the rearguard position

Have a general message sent out addressed to all mercenary companies within range stating that I'm looking to hire some men, the stronger and more experienced the better.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:24:20 pm by mesor »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: November 21, 2012, 01:32:56 pm »

Fungal carriers are to be engaged with all of my forces. Keep them at distance and try to destry all of them. Archon will lead the battle with sol sons as his bodyguard.

Spoiler: Crusader Army (click to show/hide)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: November 21, 2012, 04:19:41 pm »

Press forward with the whole army in a closed formation, as to avoid or otherwise minimize the effects of any ambushes.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: November 21, 2012, 04:32:36 pm »

The militia, and cannons are to form the main army for this battle. They are to march on the Komturei and draw out the mutants, as they charge cannons will fire upon them. After the first round of cannon fire the Rough Riders will charge in from the flanks, one regiment to either side, and the Avengers will commit hit and run attacks anywhere the mutants begin to overwhelm.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: November 21, 2012, 04:35:59 pm »

Boneshatteres and New Bloods stay with the main army.
Bloodriders will make, guess it, a mongolian circle, after the cannons shot.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: November 21, 2012, 05:02:50 pm »

((I will simplify some battle here because they are really not worth the attention.))

Trent,Delvos

[4] Your troops are marching upon the Komturei and quickly figure out that the Mutants are scattered. Mere 2 Regiments worth of them, you engage them in small groups and with almost no losses you clear out the area in less than 2 days

2 Infected Regiments annihilated
1 Militia Regiment lost

Archon

The Spore Carriers turn out to be merely maddened Xenos. You engage them anyway.

Archons Army
1 Legendary Regiment Sol's Sons (Legends,Solborn, Gauss-Weapons, Solian Guard Armor, Mercs, Disciplined, Last Sons, Survivors)
1 Regiment Crusader Power-Armour Soldiers (Veterans,Nobleborn, Futuristic Weaponry,Power-Armour, Loyal)
1 Regiments Mirrodan Mercenaries (Bloodied, Desertborn, Futuristic Weaponry, Flak Armor, Mercs, Loyal)
1 Regiments Mirrodan Mercenaries (Bloodied(1b), Desertborn, Futuristic Weaponry, Flak Armor, Mercs, Loyal)
9 Regiments Church Levies(Militia,Ordinary, Muskets, Leather Armour)
10 Regiments Church Levies (Regular,Ordinary,Muskets,Leather Armour)
1 Regiment Church Levies (Regular,Ordinary,Artillery,Leather Armour)

Infected

10 Regiments Fungal-Carriers (Green,Xenos,Teeth and Claw,Hide, Fungal Growths) [4/4HP]

Tactics Roll: [5 vs. 2] 3 Rounds of Freefire for the Crusaders

3x Free Fire: 72 Rolls 26 Hits = 6 Regiments Fungal Carriers Annihilated

The Fungal Carriers just advance in a big clot towards your Lines. With ease your men begin to pick them off, annihilating 6 Regiments in the process.

Strength Rolls: [5 vs. 4] You dispatch the remaining Fungal Carriers with Gruelling losses in close quarters. Luckily you only lose Church Levies.

10 Regiments Fungal Carriers exterminated
3 Regiments Church Levies lost.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: November 21, 2012, 05:24:35 pm »

THe Hive is to be surrounded, all xenox rounded up. Have them sterilized and shipped for slave markets. If the hive does not surrender, bombard it into submission with cannons.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 89