Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60927 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HOTRS II: A Shade of Things to come 103 AE (In need of Nobles)
« Reply #1170 on: November 15, 2012, 12:02:52 pm »

"Okay, here's my counter-offer. If you agree to waive all the fees, I'll promise not to rip you out of that cheap suit, fling you down the hallway, let the crew beat you, then throw your body into your shuttle and then launch it out of the docking bay, and then file a complaint about you to your manager. Sounds fair?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 15, 2012, 12:14:55 pm »

"Oh, I see..."

In a moment the man straigthen up a loose his smile. The servant grab your glass and pour it back in the bottle.

"Since you do not seem to enjoy our offers, let me make a few points clear. This is a ship of a design that was seen once over the last century. Near a large Ecclesiastical Fleet being ripped to part. I am sure many Archon would gladly pay our fees.

And before you do anything rash, let me remind you that while the Triumvirates has a policy of offering a laser-free space for free, we might revoke it without prior notice should circumstance require it.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 15, 2012, 12:19:38 pm »

"If you need any details on the ship, please feel free to ask the AI on board. Custodian?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 15, 2012, 12:23:56 pm »

Yes Visitor? what can i do for you and your meatbag guests?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: November 15, 2012, 02:05:00 pm »

Meanwhile Back on Si'kar

Jarod

It takes a while till your scanners manage to lock in in what seems to be the remains of Delta 17. As you get closer you realize into what a decrepit Hellhole the Hive has devolved.
You land on some Ancient Pad and the moment you leave the ship you find yourself surrounded by several dozen Power-Armoured Soldiers. Well at least the Military seems up to date.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: November 15, 2012, 04:32:37 pm »

The ship opened its landing bay, and a lone man walked out. His hands were in the air, and he was wearing plain clothes. When he spoke, it was with a deep (and nervous) voice.

"Easy, easy. The ship carries about a dozen people, and we are unarmed. We're only travelers.... Who have come to visit some family. Tell me, soldiers, who are you working for?"

The man spoke in a very strange accent, but he was otherwise understandable.

Ask the soldiers the name of whoever they're working for.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 15, 2012, 04:43:03 pm »

From a nearby building came the clunk of a cane and then a voice used to give orders.

Stand down goddammit. Don't you recognize him? Ach...always the same.

slowly the power-armoured Guards retreated. And a second glance the armours are veeery old models. Propably just some Low-rank Guards then.

Welcome Jarod. Welcome on Si'kar and in Delta 17. I am Advisor Malcador. I am sorry for the incovenience but we don't use imperial codes anymore and it took those blokes well their time to tell me. Good Personal is hard to come by these days, especially when what you just witnessed was the best the House has to offer. But i am rude, your grandfather must by now have been informed about your arrival, we should meet him in the Throne Room.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: November 15, 2012, 05:01:55 pm »

Jarod, surprised to have been recognized so easily - which may have been due to the fact that although Malcador looked nothing like anybody he had ever seen, Jarod himself was nearly an exact copy of what he'd looked like when he had left the planet, more than a century ago. Cryostasis made some fine wonders...

He chased the thoughts and smiled uncertainly. He had not picked up all the words of the advisors (the man had a very rural accent), but he got the general idea.

"My grandfather... Azthor, I suppose? I'm glad to learn he is still alive... Yes, I'll meet him."

Meet with Azthor as soon as possible

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 15, 2012, 06:14:05 pm »

In the Throne Room...

"I am afraid I cannot currently open hand of the recently acquired lands in Ravenhorst and surroundings, but if you wish for a true trial of your abilities, I believe the Archon might be willing to sell us some land in the new continent. I will handle all acquisition and defense expenses, but the land's management and development will be your responsability"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, at the Palace's gates...

The military truck grinds to a halt before the colossal construction's entrance, of the whole city, the palace, at least, seems to have survived the passage of time mostly unchanged. Malcador leads you inside, gesturing at the hulking power-armored guards at the entrance for passage. After a few minutes of walking through the building, you are made wait in a finely decorated hall, ending in a set of ornate double doors.

The doors open without a hitch as Malcador passes through. Shortly after a guard similar to the ones you met at the entrance, but with a heralded armor, a sign of rank, comes over and speaks with a deep voice, probably from having a vocal modulator built in his armor:  "The Patriarch is currently in a meeting, but will meet you shortly, Your Highness". He bows down briefly, before turning back and leaving for the throne room.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: November 15, 2012, 06:18:34 pm »

"That is most acceptable Patriarch, might I request 1 regiment of power armored men to join my own along side whatever men you feel are enough to defend this new land? My regiment can not be everywhere at once. What funds would I have available for that development?"
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 06:21:27 pm by mesor »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 16, 2012, 06:55:04 am »

The man was dumb struck at the Custodian's appearance. Slowly, he held out his hand, putting it through the hologram.

"A fully-fledged AI... I had heard of such thing, but I didn't know any was left. I think we can make a deal here: Leave is this "Custodian" and we will refit your ship.

At this, the hologram of the custodian seems to glow red for a moment.
I am afraid this won't do, meatbag. I am here to guard the Viridian Dream and the Artifact it contain and won't part with it. I suggest you leave now before the Servants Units dispose of your fleshy body.

The salesman look at you, then at the custodian again before shrugging and turning around.

We can start working on your ship as soon as you've got the money. Oh, and since you seems to be carrying various Artifacts, many of whom would doubtless interest the Church, the price is now an extra 75 credits. Have a good stay in Hephaistos sir!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 10:03:08 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: November 17, 2012, 02:31:19 pm »

With the Season Change a lot of things change...grow. While the Cities,Towns and Farmsteads always have the same population, Hives continue to grow and grow and grow.

[?,?] Delta 17 has gained 20 Human Population and 2 Xenos Population, this overpopulation neither pays Taxes nor is of any use...

1 Parcel L1 Hive City (20M, 0F, 20T) (Overpop:20 Units, 8 Xenos)

Meanwhile in the Blighted Lands the Pestilences and various unleashed beasts still ravage the remaining lands and...spread.

All in all shit hit the fan in the Blighted Lands. The Concoctions of House Cr'tok spread like Wildfire and it didnt take long till [6,1,5,4] 4 of these horrible Bioweapons escaped the continent. Beneath the Notice of the Frigates of the Archon a single pregnant individual simply dubbed by Cr'tok as 343 escaped the Blighted Lands and somehow managed to cross the Sea. Reaching Novan Lands it found a save Shelter and immediately birthed it's Brood. Suffice to say this initial Brood grew with abominable Speed. The First reports of Bear-Sized Packs of highly aggressive Reptilians reached Nova several weeks later. Several Dozens of Accounts followed. All per Messenger...too late. Far too late. When the First Scouts reached the Area it was devastated. even worse soon a Report came in that a whole Stretch of land got covered in Darkness all contact to that Area has been lost. Contact to yet another Parcel of Farmland simply broke. No efforts has been made of yet on waht has happened.

Meanwhile an injured Soldier being transported back from the Crusade, attacked a priest. In 2 Days all Contact to the Komturei taking care of the man had been lost.

1 Parcel of Novan Farmsteads has been covered in Eternal Darkness
1 Parcel of Novan Farmsteads has been infested with Reptilians
Contact to 1 Parcel of Novan Farmsteads has been lost
1 Parcel of Church Komturei has been infected.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 17, 2012, 03:40:18 pm »

Purchases from Delvos, paid with his money:

3 regiments New Bloods (Leather Armor, Muskets,Green,Ordinaryborn,Bloodbrothers

Modern weaponry for Bloodriders

-6 credits

Purchases from Devlos, paid by church money for the crusader army :
9 regiments Loyal Crusaders (Leather Armor, Muskets, Ordinaryborn,Regular)
1 regiment Judgement Soldiers (Leather Armor, Cannons, Ordinaryborn, Regular)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 18, 2012, 07:29:36 am »

Delvos

Spoiler: Bloodbrothers (click to show/hide)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 18, 2012, 07:46:26 am »

Archon surveyed the terrain from the safety of his cam, looking at the holoprojector and listening to new reports. The situation was gettig ugly.

He called in Trent and Delvos for a meeting.

"No doubt you heard of the "spillover" from this continent. Trent, you shall take 30 Credits, go back to our mainland and try to contain the infection that has appeared in one of our territories.
Delvos, I want you to get ready to move. We are levelling this Hive. I have a nuclear warhead ready to deploy, and that Hive is simply too dangerous to be left like that. I will go over this place with lances if I have to."

Make necessary preparation. Nuke the Hive and its hivemind. All troops are to be ready to march out once the Hive is levelled.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 89