Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60928 times)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
Re: HOTRS II: A Shade of Things to come 103 AE (In need of Nobles)
« Reply #1155 on: November 14, 2012, 06:19:56 pm »

The Patriarch continues authoritively.

"Family members have become a rarity these days, you willl do well by the Novan court"

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 14, 2012, 06:23:53 pm »

Market Situation:[5]

The market bustles with activities, since the war with the coalation finally came to an end. The market is flooded with new technology, and the more shody parts of it got even salvaged parts from destroyed Church Ships...

Market Price :[3]

The prices are moderate, they are stable. Surprising, given recent events. Anyway, it's a lucky coincidence, so you don't really complain.

Market Aviability :[6]

Your connections provide you with several contacts, so you have a large variety of goods to purchase. Some of it is not exactly legal ; not that you mind some black market wares. They're high-graded technology. But very costly...

Aivan Industries lab equipment :
Aivan Industries are a stable provider of high quality lab equipment. Although they have several impeachments because of lacking safety...
30+ bonus on general Research, 1 and 2 are critical fails
Price : 30 Credits

Hephaistos Forge Engineers :
Hephaistos Forge, a Megacorp concerning Heavy Industries, offers a contract where you gain some of their high quality engineers. They will boost your industrial research.
10+ bonus on mechanic and metallurgy Research
Price : 43 Credits / 10 Credits per turn

MediGen Corporation veterinaries :
veterinaries, leaving the MediGen Corporation, want a new CEO, since they just got kicked out. While not really experts in human medicine, they are quite capable doctors.
5+ bonus on medical Research / 15+ bonus on animal husbandry Research
Price : 17 Credits / 8 Credits per turn

Construction prints for Assault rifles type WG-93
Someone recovered these rare blue prints... With this you're able to make full automatic weapons!
one-time +56 bonus on full-automatic rifles Research Topic / enables Research Topic "full-automatic rifles"
Price : 2498 Credits

Ultor Kevlar Armor plans
Stolen plans of Ultor, a large company concerning clothing and armor. With some decryption, you could make ceramic plates armor!
one-time +37 bonus on Ceramic Plates Armour Research Topic / enables Research Topic "Ceramic Plates Armour"
Price : 1820 Credits

Warhammer Securities advisors
Warhammer Securities searchs for a new business associate. The advisors would raise the Military Research.
8+ bonus on military Research
Price : 11 Credits / 8 Credits per turn

Hephaistos Forge Draftmen
Hephaistos Forge, a Megacorp concerning Heavy Industries, recently dismantled a bureau. The, now workless, Draftmen search for a new boss.
6+ bonus on industrial Research
Price : 20 Credits / 2 Credits per turn
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 06:36:26 pm by Dragor23 »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 14, 2012, 06:27:42 pm »

Stand up straighter.

"What would you have me do Patriarch? I brought little enough with me, my families guard regiment are loyal to me above all else but my family had little recourse left, I have only 10 credits and my guards. If I am to prove my worth I would require more, I had a suggestion but I do not want to be presumptuous, after all you know little of me and in truth I know little of what I am capable of myself, my father had barely begun teaching me how to control a large territory when he died."
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 06:29:37 pm by mesor »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 14, 2012, 06:32:34 pm »

Hire/purchase:
Aivan Industries lab equipment
Hephaistos Forge Engineers
MediGen Corporation veterinaries
Warhammer Securities advisors
Hephaistos Forge Draftmen

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 14, 2012, 07:03:46 pm »

The Patriarch beckons you forth.

"Do proceed, what is it you had in mind?"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 14, 2012, 07:08:39 pm »

Approach him.
"I heard rumors that a collection of minor houses fought against you, they were of course defeated which was never in doubt but the fact that they fought at all shows that they require somebody that can be trusted to keep them in place.
With your permission I would like to take over the holding of the smallest of those houses and bring them back into the fold, much as I would prefer to stamp them out it would likely cause more problems then it would solve in the long run.
I would of course act only as a regent of sorts under your command, but it would provide a way to test my abilities and to discover if I have what it takes to control territory or if I will require training first.
"

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 14, 2012, 07:29:06 pm »

Tavius

Weeks have passed weeks full of playing Cards with the Custodian, and staring out into the blank ink darkness beyond. You never actually asked the AI why the dimension youa re flying through is grey and wrought in shadows, while if you remember correctly the Church flew through pure blinding light and fire. Also if you remember correctly the Church always had shields installed to save them from some kind of Crystal beings, while here darker shapes have always been just beyond sight...very unsettling.

As your Cruiser finally enters Triumvirate Space you find yourself in front of the most populated System you have ever seen...dozens of ships flying about exiting and entering the System, and like little ants, smaller Interphase-Incapable Freighters travelling between the Planets. It is an astounding sight.

Well finally. You are a horrible Card Player. And besides playing the Deck of Ascendants with as an AI tells us about as much about the future as Astrology. Anyway, Welcome to Trinity System roughly estimated Population:  between 3 and 4 trillion last shining Beacon of technology in this Kapan damned Hellhole you Humans created. And already they are calling us...great. Yes they want to know who we are and what we want, my sensors tell me that their fleet is preparing itself and apparently Trinity Station has activated its weaponry.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: November 14, 2012, 07:32:50 pm »

"Right, tell them we're here for repairs, and that the fee for that has already been paid for in advance by house nova."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 15, 2012, 11:14:11 am »

Tavius

As the message is relayed to the space stations, a few dangerous-looking ship turns around and continue their routine patrols. A smaller shuttle continue toward your ship though. It stop a few hundreds km away.

They seems to want you to board to go and meet some officials. They also assigned us a spot orbiting one of that Gas Giant's moon. I must say that while their ship turned away, the Trinity Station is still activated.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 15, 2012, 11:16:50 am »

"Wait, why is the shuttle stopping there when they can board us?"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 15, 2012, 11:20:15 am »

Well, we are still a warship, though a damaged one. My guess is that they're afraid of setting off some defense mechanism. I've told them not to worry and they are making for the main shuttle bay as we speak.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 15, 2012, 11:21:40 am »

"Right, send them up here once they're onboard. I'd imagine they'd havge more than a few questions."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 15, 2012, 11:36:03 am »

You stare at the views from the windows for a few more minutes when a door open behind you. A small man, wearing an outrageous tie over his expensive suit stroll in, grinning like a madman. Behind him walk several women, servants of some sort, one of them pushing a tray covered in bottles and appetizers.

"Welcome to Hephaistos Shipyard, a Division of the Triumvirate! We are always happy to greet new clients, especially people of such a quality as yourself! Take a seat please!

The man push you back into the Captain's seat while one of the servant set a cup of something fruity and sparkly in your hand. He then resume his pseech, somehow managing not to stop smiling even as he speaks.

"Most happy indeed for we at Hephaistos Shipyard like nothing more than making our client happy, and looking at your ship, it needs a lot of tender and loving care, does it not?

Now, I am here to sign the repair contracts. We need to wait until our engineers have a look for a full detail, but here is a first draft. Repair should be around 20 credits as stated before, plus spare parts of course. We then need to pay transit fees, orbital parking cost, residence tax for at least three fiscal trimesters, church tithes and various administrative fee.

Of course someone such as yourself is not going to pinch for a few credits, so I'm going to add our Golden Space warranty program...

Which makes it the extra-cheap sum of only 54 credits, plus VAT. What would your preferred mean of payment be sir?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 15, 2012, 11:42:06 am »

"...Well, we already paid the twenty credits up-front for the repairs... Tell you what, I'll give half the warheads onboard on the condition you tell us what's in them, agreed?"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 15, 2012, 11:50:46 am »

Well, we cannot accept payment in unknown warheads. We may identify them for a modest 3 credits fee, and negociate thereafter. Of course, if you wish to borrow money, the Mercury Bank, another division of the Triumvirate would be more than happy to offer you the cheapest rate this side of the Galaxy

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 89