Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60934 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: HOTRS II: A Shade of Things to come 103 AE (In need of Nobles)
« Reply #1095 on: November 08, 2012, 11:34:33 am »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 08, 2012, 12:04:44 pm »

Robert

You go back up and order your men to stop all work on getting samples. Gathering the Scientist and the two Guards, you take the Submarine to go back down.

A closer view tells you that the thing has to be huge...gigantic in size. After a while you find something like an port and docking there you enter teh Underground Complex. After a few meters and an atmospheric Scan you colleague tells you that the air is breathable. The Hallways you are in is completely dark except for the flashlights you brought with you.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 08, 2012, 12:20:57 pm »

((Sorry for abandoning my duties to this game, guys, but IRL stuff pretty much screwed over any chance I had to get back into this. Dragor is handling all the techical stuff that's going to happen, but I'll take this time to retire from the game on my turns.))

Roim

You knew something was wrong the moment you looked to your side and Averys wasn't there.

The physicians deliver the news not long after. The Matriarch Averys collapsed after removing her power armor-she was in the thick of the fight, after all. She's been confined and medicated, but most agree-the plague that ravaged the army is doing the same to her. And there's little hope of recovery.

She's now turned away all further attempts at treatment, and called for Roim.

And she waits.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 09, 2012, 07:36:58 am »

Aeverys... Roim had had no news of her during his side campaign, and he had assumed she was safely back in Delta-17. Apparently she was dying from the plague unleashed by the Minor Nobles. He had no choice but to venture into the wasteland.

Leaving behind an order to prevent any movement between Ravenhorst and the outside world, and making arrangement for message to be left at particular places, Roim rode into the Spaceport alone, bursting into the storage room that had been converted into a bedroom for Aeverys.

"Aeverys! What did you do? Be strong my love, we will contact the Triumvirate, the Church... Someone must have a remedy, I'll sell the realm if need be, but we'll save you!"

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 09, 2012, 07:54:26 am »

Avery coughs, spattering red on her blouse. Luckily for Roim, the Virus was not actually infectious from person to person...still, Averys seems to be resisting it better than any of the others had.

"I had to fight. Wanted to keep you safe, even if you didn't know I was there. Never noticed the extra guard, did you?

Foolish, I suppose. Didn't see...all this coming. Damn sniffle."
She says, almost as if not noticing Roim at first. Slowly, her gaze finds him.

"...and, no, I didn't call you to mourn me, or start early funeral arrangements. My blood is made of tougher stuff than our soldiers-a Nobles blood is tailored from birth. I'm a bit more than Human...it's what gives us our longer lives, improved reflexes, enhanced strength. But that's ancient history.

I at least have a chance, until we mayhaps find a cure to fight it. Or it kills me anyway. Like it did to so many of my battle brothers and sisters. So many...it was not a warriors death. They will pay for it.

Understand. I can beat this-but I'm going to be useless, weak...It's going to get worse, and...and....I won't be able to run the Kingdom. Or defend Kathrica. Or lie with you. They will be coming for me. All those cowards who would not face me when I was able to defend myself...they will come. I have failed you.

So...I guess we find out what sort of man you really are now, my love."
She says, managing a weak smile.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 07:56:03 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 09, 2012, 08:37:14 am »

Two Days after Aeverys Infection

Malcador was walking up and down up and down in the Situation Room back at Delta 17. He had told that foolish woman fifteen times that she had responsibilities, that she had a kid to take care of. The old advisor cursed under his breaht cuasing the Baby in his arms to cry.

The little Aeverys was holding his hand and crying. "Now now, don't cry Aeverys, everything is going to be just fine" a pained smile came to his face. With her mother dead, Malcador was the only trustworthy person left. Ssalosin was already old enough to take care of himself, but the Advisor couldn't take care of the little child alone. He already saw Veren throwing the little girl his disgusting leers and her father was drunk...again. Drunk like in the night he...better not think about that.

Not that Aeverys would have let him take care of the little bundle, but the wet nurses were far too afraid of the old advisor to stop him or dare call him out.
With soothing words he rocked the child, but it refused to calm down. Damn who should grow up the poor child now? Certainly not her deceitful uncle or even worse Roim. Mumbling and shaking his head he went up and down, up and down.

The Abess was getting impatient.
A Sister of the Pact doesnt cry, girl. Get some composure

Malcador was throwing her a frown. "The girl is barely 4 years old. give her some space."
A raised eyebrow and a amused grunt fromt he abbess
That is nothing of your concern Old Man, she will now be a Sister of the Pact! She will have to learn to keep her feelings to herself.
A sigh from Malcador. A last embrace. "Goodbye little princess, go with the woman, she will take care of you. A weak smile...

He couldn't bear sending another little kid to the Church. Not again...never again. A decision had to be made. He hoped that this one wouldn't be as regrettable. He turned to a nearby console and opened a Vox-Channel. A synthetic voice began rattering down gibberish for a while.

Establishing Connection on Frequency Iota-Ganymed-Yellow. Please enter Code-Phrase and Clearance

The Raven shall fly again. Clearance Grey Two.

Please enter Identification.

Second-in-Command Brother Tytus. Batch Number: Alpha Two.

Identification correct. Welcome back Commander.

Day of the Meeting Between Roim and Aeverys

From inside the Shed alarm sounds could be heard. Then alarmed shouts and finally everything seemed to calm down. Moments later the sound of a landing shuttle could be heard.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 09, 2012, 09:06:46 am »

Averys eyes glaze over with the sound of alarms and engines, her fever hazing vision. Paranoia creeps in. Have they come to kill her already? Has she been betrayed? There is only pain and she wishes someone would hold her hand and tell her what is happening, but they are all afraid of getting sick.

She is not yet weak enough to be unable to lift her pistol...she can't see very well, though-blood tempers her vision into blurs. At least she knows Roim by smell and shape, or she might even had known it was him.

A part of Avery's knows if she starts firing, she won't stop until everyone in the room is dead, or she is. It's the only way to be sure. Her vision clears, and her eyes meet Roims for a moment, and she knows he understands. No surrender. Then the fog returns.

It passes her heat-addled mind that Roim could betray her as well. All her life those she loved betrayed her. Except for Garth...And now she has betrayed Kathrica, hasn't she? Why wasn't she happy merely sheltering her daughters little life? Why did she leave her in the care of midwives? Why, indeed...

But Averys has never been one for self introspection. The Church made sure of that-never question your motives, your teachings, yourself. Everyone is your enemy, and only the Pancreator can give the strength to survive. All these thoughts do are make her angry. Such a rage that poisoned the person she might have become...in a better world.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 09, 2012, 09:25:00 am »

Kathrica! Where was she?! Had she died that peasant's death? Azthor would pay for that...

Before Roim could inquire about his daughter an alarm resounded. Behind him, Aeverys was weakly raising a weapons while outside men rushed in every direction.

"Don't worry my love, nothing bad will happen to you" whispered Roim before gently but firmly seizing the pistol and rushing outside.

On one of the few intact landing platform not currently occupied by a makeshift camp, a large silvery shuttle was settling down with a loud hissing sound. A few dozens soldiers, arms at the ready were forming a circle around it while more rushed around. Roim seized a nearby megaphone and hailed the shuttle.

"To the shuttle. This zone has been contaminated by an unknown disease. Do not step outside without protecting gear, I repeat, this zone has been contaminated. Do not exit the shuttle without protecting gear. Please identify yourself. I repeat, please identify yourself.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 09, 2012, 11:28:48 am »

Only until after the Dust settled did Roim and his Warriors recognize the emblem on the side of the shuttle. The Emblem of the Grey Guard. The Lander shuttles slowly opened and leaving the shuttle were Malcador and several Gardists, 3 of which could be clearly recognized as Doctors. Two were carrying a stretcher between them.

Malcador was wearing a gas mask and the hood was thrown back for once revealing the long thin gray hair.

Lord Roim i come to fetch your wife. Kathrica is inside the Shuttle, we have not much time. Where is she?

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 10, 2012, 05:07:25 am »

Scour the sewers for hidden weaponry, then proceed to void Roim's orders concerning the quarentine and send a missive to the Triumvirat confirming the end of the hostilities and allowing for trade to be resumed as usual; the bioweapon deployed by the defenders was an instrument of precision, a bioengineered device made as in to avoid collateral damage, there is little to no risk of further casualties from the Crimsom Tears. If anyone would have it otherwise, a brief talk with the no doubt disgruntled soldiers ought to change their mind.

Try and trace the bomb's origins.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 10, 2012, 05:14:05 am »

Roim had had always hated the slimy old advisor, but right now he only saw one thing. A mean to save Aeverys.

"She's inside, in that building. I'll lead you there, how is my daughter?"

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 10, 2012, 05:28:37 am »

You declare that the quaretine is nullified! Nothing is happens, the Crimson Tears are gone. A precise and terrible bio attack. Happens. But no soldier gets ill anymore, the dead are burned. Everything is safe. You hope. The soldiers are a bit concerned about that direct insubordination, but they agree with you, that they're not in danger anymore... Since this disease creeped rapidly in your ranks and kills in a matter of hours, they don't think they have the illness in them.

You send a missive through several channels to the Triumvirate, to tell them that they can resume trade and that the fightings has ended. [4] They reply shortly afterwards, that they're happy with the end of the war. They will resume trade after some weeks, confirming the end of hostilities. They thank you for the good news and wish you a good day.

Your men search the space port to find the vile origins of this bomb. You need to find something... Documents, witnesses, any kind of clue would help!
Also, the sewers are gone unnoticed before, a mistake you won't repeat. You order some of your men to scour the sewers to find hidden weaponry or even rebels.

[4] You certainly find some musquets, bullets and black powder. But nothing more. This place is devoid of all sentient life, only rats are accompanying the search party.

[5] "Hey, look at this!" one of the trackers shout, pulling a large metal shard out of the body of a poor conscript, who was killed by the explosion. As they yank out the gigantic splinter out of him, they can finally read what's written on it : "Property of the House Cr'Tok"

Minutes later, a other group finds some transport documents in an administration office, concerning a large carriage of bombs. Insightful, you find out that there are two more bombs in this space port.

[1] Sadly, most of the documents are censored, so finding out for whom the bombs were is difficult. The thick black ink, who covers several entries are not helping either. But some of your more clever soldiers and yourself try to decypher it...

[?] ...Only to come to the revelation that the bombs are for Aeverys!?

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 10, 2012, 05:47:45 am »

"Cr'Tok.... and Aeverys... How dare they!? No, first we must be sure."

Pass our conclusion to the army at large; should they wish to do so, the officers are free to purview the documents to check for a second opinion on the matter.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 10, 2012, 05:53:48 am »

[2] The officers insight the documents with great concern. But they frown at the marginial information and don't believe that it was Aeverys who "ordered a large cargo of biological warfare equipment". They shake their heads and reply, that these sheets of papers are not valid evidence.

[5] However, your soldiers take the bitter pill and are outrageous that their beloved Matriach bought such weapons! And used them against her own army! How can she do such tremendous atrocities against her loyal subjects!

The officers are not happy with that matter...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 10, 2012, 07:28:18 am »

((@Drag: Which makes no sense why would she poison herself and her own army. Stupid peasants! It's a setup! lol <_< ))
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 07:30:17 am by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 89