Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 89

Author Topic: HOTRS II: Dead Roots Stirring Toxic Season 104AE  (Read 60951 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: HOTRS II: A Shade of Things to come 103 AE (In need of Nobles)
« Reply #1050 on: October 22, 2012, 09:32:07 am »

((Important OOC Update: Dragor has volunteered as a Side-GM he will take care of all Matters concerning House Nova that don't entail secret stuff. So Secret Orders, Space, Backstory are still done by me, he is doing the Battles, Research and your Grand Economy Updates...by the way thanks for that Dragor. I hope there are no problems with that, Dragor as Merc Character is pretty much neutral and he only does the official stuff everbody knows about so no opportunity for him doing metagaming. Church,Merc and other Non-Noble Characters will still be done by me, aswell as Azthors Spy Master things and everything concerning space.

@Sheb: You know those NPC's aren't consisting of only Farmlands ;) You yourself scoured 20 Units from the Hive tile just so you know))

The Blighted Lands.

Delvos

Your men set off into the Xeno Farmlands to clear out any remaining pockets of resistance and take care of any potential threats. [2] You indeed find soon a remaining Xeno Settlement in which Survivors seem to have barricaded, due to the fact that the Little Holdout is under siege by at least 10 Units of Normal Xeno-Zeds and 2 Hordes of the Mutated Beasts. A formidable horde. You don't know whats inside the Holdout though. [1] As you ride closer you find that the Monstrosities have noted your arrival and turn on you! You have enough time for some last Orders.

Uncharted System

Robert

[1] Your men find no wildlife, nothing edible in fact no plantlife at all. Seems liek everything living is marine. You find no traces of the Deposit in the surrounding area, another scan reveals that it's deep down.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 22, 2012, 10:42:06 am »

"OH GREAT FUCKERS!"

Cavalry, do a mongolian circle around zeds to distract and scatter them!
Aspirants and sworn brothers, make defensive line.
Prepare to flee eventually.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:49:42 am by Dragor23 »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 22, 2012, 11:36:27 am »

((Oups, I'm afraid you're right. Well, less whining and more stabbing then)).

Have my troops dig 3 trenches zigzagging to the bases of the wall and start sapping them.
Send messages to the defenders saying that anyone surrendering should have its life and property, anyone turning against his old masters shall get the properties of those slains and anyone resisting will be killed.
Once we are near the walls, arrange the troops in 3 groups, on per trench.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And CHAAAAAAAAARGE!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 22, 2012, 03:13:58 pm »

The Blighted Lands

Bloodbrothers
1 Regiment Sworn Brothers (Bloodied,Ordinary,Muskets,Leather Armour, Bloodbrothers) +1 Strength, -1 Morale, +1 Tactics  1/1HP
1 Regiment Bloodriders (Bloodied,Ordinary,Muskets,Krieg-Pattern-Armour,Cavalry,Bloodbrothers) +1 Strength, +1 Morale, +1 Tactics 5/5HP
1 Regiment New Bloods (Green, Ordinary,Arquebuses,Leather Armour) -3 Strength, -4 Morale, -2 Tactics 1/1HP

Total: -1 Strength, 0 Tactics

F4H Infected
10 Regiments Infected Xenos (Regular,Xeno,Claws and Teeth,Hide,F4H-Virus,Hivemind) 0 Strength, -2 Tactics    6/6HP
2 Regiment Monstrosities (Regular,Xeno,Mutated Bodies (Acidic Bile and Scythe-Arms),Hide,F4H-Virus,Mutation,Hivemind) +5 Strength, -2 Tactics 8/8HP

Total:-2 Tactics , 0 Strength

Round 1
Bloodbrothers: Distract! ( two extra Free Fire Rounds)
Infected: surround and destroy!

Your Infantry forms a Line while your Riders distract the Infected Horde.

[6+1 vs. 3-2] = Mongolian Circle Success

Free Fire Bloodbrothers: [6,4,1] = 2 Hits =  1 Regiments Infected Xenos  4/6HP

While your men open fire and your Tactic suceeds, it almost seems as your bullets do no damage at all...

Free Fire Bloodbrothers: [5,5,4] = 3 Hits = 1 Regiments Infected Xenos 1/6HP

You decide that a retreat would be in place....

Round 2
Infected: CHARGE!
Delvos RETREAT!

[2 vs. 6-2] Retreat fails!

[2 vs. 1-2] You manage to face the enemy in time

[4 vs. 1-2] You have 3 Free Fire Rounds till enemy can engage

Free Fire Bloodbrothers: [3,6,2] = 1 Hits = 1 Regiments Infected Xenos annihilated

Finally you bring some of the monsters down with concentrated volleys. But large parts of the Horde are still advancing!

Free Fire Bloodbrothers:[5,5,3] = 2 Hits = 1 Regiments Infected Xenos  4/6HP

Free Fire Bloodbrothers:[2,3,2] = 0 Hits

It seems your Muskets are almost useless against the Zeds and now they are upon your men!

Hand-to-Hand!:  [4+1 vs. 1+5], [5+1 vs. 4+5], [4-3 vs. 1] = 3 Hits: 1 Regiment Sworn Brothers Annihilated. 1 Regiment Bloodriders [4/5HP]. 1 Regiment Infected Xenos [3/6HP]

Grievous battle ensues as the much faster Monstrosities rip into your lines. While your men offer up a valiant defense it is to no avail, these horrid beasts turn the Sworn Brother into Dog-Chow. THe only Men holding their own are the New Bloods barely managing to keep off the advancing Infected.

Round 3
Blood Brothers: RUN!
Infected: SURROUND AND DESTROY!

[1 vs. 3-2]= Tie , [5 vs. 4-2] = retreat suceeds 1HP Damage to Bloodriders

Valiantly the Bloodriders keept the Horde off a moment longer allowing the New Bloods to make a run before joining them. The Infected horde [4]pursues for a bit but finds the partially still living food in form of the Sworn Brothers far more edible.

Delvos Retreats:
Bloodriders [3/5] HP
Sworn Brothers lost
1 Xenos Infected annihilated!
1 Monstrosity (Regular,Ordinary,Mutated Bodies (Acidic Bile and Scythe-Arms),Hide,F4H-Virus,Mutation,Hivemind) created.
1 Regiment Bloodriders (Veterans,Ordinary,Muskets,Krieg-Pattern-Armour,Cavalry,Survivors,Bloodbrothers)
1 Regiment New Bloods (Militia(1b), Ordinary,Arquebuses,Leather Armour)
1 Regiment Bloodriders gained Trait "Survivors"

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:05:45 pm by Ghazkull »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 22, 2012, 03:29:32 pm »

((Oh dear, that's going to be problematic. I hope you got an antivirus, or a second killer virus to kill of the plague))

Anyway, It appears we'll be going fishing. Prepare the subs, and have the ship move to the water. 5 Soldiers are going to stay behind with 2 HQ RD personnel, the ATV of the oddyseus and a tent. They are to gather a core sample of the deposit, if possible. If not, I hope they gave a seismograph/ sonar device which they can use to get a clean view of the deposit.

The Ship will tour around the island, looking for any possible anomalies.

The Rosemary can stay in orbit to see if the colonists behave.

Note: There seems to be a slight difference between your final list, and mine. I can assume some food was used during transit, but it appears 5 alien slaves escaped.
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 22, 2012, 03:31:58 pm »

The Siege of the Fortress.

[3] You build the trenches and try to sap the walls. However, the foundament is massive ferroconcrete, far too hard to you to crack. You scrap the plan and send messangers to the defenders, trying to make peace with them, when they surrender under your term.[Autofail] One messenger comes back with a bullet in his shoulder. He mutters "They told me : "I would rather have sex with a Xenos before we surrender!". That's a definite answer!

THE CHARGE

Your men group themselves like you told them. Everyone is watching you, eager to hear the command, they can't anticipate to hear it. The word which will begin the bloodshed... The word which will give them victory and glory! You breathe in, raise your arm and show them your fist. "NOW ! SHOW THEM WHAT YOU GOT! CHARGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" You feel light headed and free as they repeat with a long and confident scream. And that's... That's how it begins.

The Left Wing

Spoiler: Troops (click to show/hide)

The left flank charges with confiedence, knowing that all of them are trained soldiers and war-loving too. Each one of the warriors, barbarians, not really genuine with silly things like tactic or formations. Head over toe they run their ladders, screaming their lungs out of their bodies and the Militias on the walls are suprised by their reckless charge. So suprised in fact, that they nearly forgot to shoot! Still, after some valuable minutes, they let rain hell and bullets to the attackers, killing some of the bold attackers. Still, they manage to launch a successful charge and get on their walls, which leads to a hefty, but short battle. The militias were not prepared for such an onslaught and are quickly pushed back. Not trained for such comabt nor very brave, they are slaughtered last to one regiment, which gives up, cowards and dogs. They earn their fair judgement, a swift death by the troops. The left flank fell, the Blackwoods are victorious. "HOORAY! HOORAY! DOWN WITH YOU, MOTHERFUCKER!" screams one of the soldiers, lifting a crying militia, which meets his fate with the ground soon enough.

The Center

"GIT THEM BOYZ!" screams the bloody peasants and hop around! "HIE!? SHOULDN'T W' CHARG' TOO?" "WHAT!?"    hesitantly  the Conscripts start to move, catious and searching for cover... These fools. The Militias take their time and shoot and shoot and shoot. With every shot one peasant die and another flees. These cowards, lacking the true spirits of soldiers! "OHMYGODIBLESASJFjj" "NONONONO!!!!" "FUUUUUUUUCK!" "BOOBYYYYYYYYY, IDIEEEEEEE". What a poor performance of would-be soldiers. Like flies they die and like maggots they throw themselves to the ground and whimper and beg for their life. How did they even got into this war? The center attackers are completly annihilated, 9 regiments dead and 1 regiment fleed.

The Right Wing

"YEAAAAHH, DIEEEE COALIATION BASTARDS, DIEEEEE!" Even more amorphous than the left wing, the Irregulars first even didn't knew what to do, simply charging against the walls without ladders! The Militias on the walls laugh about that and are happy for the easy targets, killing 4 of the regiments  charging the right side of the wall. However, WHEN they finally managed to get on the wall, the group of soldiers are deadly efficient and merciless. Brutal they cut down any opposition and utterly destroy every single Militia on the wall. No survivors. They get stabbed, slaced, shot, even burned by some Irregulars with inhuman glee and boldness. Paralyzed by fear, some even don't fight back. A complete victory on the right flank. This fight is over... Now only the center is left.

THE BIG BATTLE

From both sides encircled, the Militias in the center don't even have a chance to flee to the Dojon, so the last battle revolves around the last blotches of walls belonging to the Militia. In their two flank they fall, the battle hardened and blood-crazy soldiers and they leave no Militia unharmend. In fact, they don't even have realistic chances to survive! One regiment after the other falls, until three are left, who just throw their weapons to the grounds and beg for mercy. They don't get any. Killed one of the another, it is clear who is the victor today. And the shouts on the wall say all one name : "ROIM ROIM ROIM ROIM!"

VICTORY FOR ROIM

1 Regiment Biker House Guard (Bloodied(1b),Nobleborn,Muskets,Flak Armour,Loyal,Babarian) [2/2 HP]
2 Regiments Regulars (Bloodied,Hiveborn,Muskets,Flak Armour, Babarian) [2/3 HP]
6 Regiments Regulars (Bloodied,Hiveborn,Muskets,Flak Armour, Babarian) [3/3 HP]
1 Regiments Reachwood Irregulars (Bloodied, Frontiermen,Half-Automatic Rifles,Leather Armour) [2/2 HP]

(ho boy. My first post as GM. Don't kill me D: )
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 03:34:03 pm by Dragor23 »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 22, 2012, 03:41:21 pm »

Richard

[4] You set up your camp and while two of the Research Personnel and 5 Guards stay back Richard, the 3 remaining researchers, the Guards and the Slaves take the crawler and the Submarine and descend into the depths. While you find nothing at first, you slowly close with the Iron Deposit.

But what awaits you is definetly not an Iron Deposit. In fact you realize that as the Sonar shows a massive unnatural structure in the depths. getting closer you realize that this is one huge building. and the Lights emanating from it are suggesting that somebody is in there...

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 22, 2012, 03:57:58 pm »

Delvos comes back with the the rest of the company which survived the onslaught of these creatures... Good men were lost, to a horrible price. That literally screams for a pay. On his horse are actually two persons, himself and a wounded soldier, who moans a bit. "We are there soon. Good work freshling." "...They're horrible..." "I know. But fought valiant. You can be proud." As they retun to the crusaders, Delvos don't wait to wash himself or wait with a meeting with the Archon. He just rushes in his tent, bloody, in his KRIEG NBC Suit and his helmet under his right arm. His hair is sweaty and his eyes are tired, but the speaks with solemn and professional tone "Sir, the Xenos Mutants are too many to fight them only with my company. I lost yet another regiment against these... creatures, worth of 12 regiments. My troops are badly wounded and their confidience are shattered. That's all." Except I want pay."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 22, 2012, 05:12:27 pm »

"Pay... you come and you want pay. Sure. Why not. after all, your regiment will be the costliest in my army, because i'm forced to mend it every mission. How much do you want this time? 10? 15?"
Archon sighed.
"Maybe I am stretching myself too thin.. "

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 22, 2012, 05:15:16 pm »

"15 are not a bad idea, since you keep sending my company for mission we can't handle." Delvos replies camly "I am certainly sorry, but I'm not leader of a full army, but just a mere company, ranging over 2 regiments now. It is not my fault you handle us poorly."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 22, 2012, 06:11:26 pm »

"You will only get 5. Thats the last of my money."

He saw Trent walking in.
"At, there you are. Meet delvos, who will be your commanding officer for now. You will take about 7 regiments of levy units and 1 mirrodan unit and you will clear out the rest of that countryside. and the xenos... we need slaves to sell."

Archon crossed his arms.
"Is there anything yu want me to know or need from me?"

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 22, 2012, 06:14:57 pm »

Delvos crosses his arms too.

"Very well. 8 regiments would be better than nothing."

"...I also request yet another drive with one of your frigates. I will buy some cannons for the hive... Good idea, yes? And I still have a regiment xenos to sell."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 22, 2012, 06:19:56 pm »

"Fine. I should establish a regular ferrying of suplies with one of the ships... but for now, we will go ahead with your suggestion."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 06:38:33 pm by Ardas »

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 22, 2012, 06:37:44 pm »

"Good. We will bomb them safely... And when the zombies come, we still have the Sol Son's..."
Delvons grins at the new guy and then looks at the Archon, with a little smirk...
"Where we found the mutants... There were a settlement of Xenos. I'll claim their inhabitants as my property."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 22, 2012, 06:41:29 pm »

Archon's expression soured.
"No. You are a mercenary and a soldier, not a barbarian raider. These xenos are to be brought before me so I may judge them and deal with them as I see fit. This is a Church crusade, and you are hired help. Don't you forget that."

"Anything else you want to know?"
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 89