Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does disabling temperature neutralize fire breath?  (Read 1086 times)

AzuredreamsXT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Does disabling temperature neutralize fire breath?
« on: December 05, 2011, 10:17:40 pm »

And boiling extract? No one seemed to mention this when i was asking around about what turning temp off would do.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Does disabling temperature neutralize fire breath?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 11:48:04 pm »

I think turning temperature off only prevents stuff from freezing, melting and boiling.  At least with creatures in the raws, I think there were two different tokens you had to add to make creatures able to swim in magma and immune to fire.  Could have been related to swimming restrictions or something instead.

I don't know what effect it would have on boiling extract, but I think that dragonfire is a thing unto its own and will still cause damage.  It might not set things on fire though.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 06:09:20 am »

In my experience turning off temperatures does indeed neutralize fire breaths. I believe extracts will come out as solid blobs.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 04:26:50 pm »

In my experience turning off temperatures does indeed neutralize fire breaths. I believe extracts will come out as solid blobs.

Freaky. As opposed to frozen chunks, steam of both?