Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Anyone else feel DF really needs more goals than simple survival?  (Read 5280 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else feel DF really needs more goals than simple survival?
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 06:38:11 pm »

I hope Toady makes other civ's blisteringly hard to conquer, some people on this board need their ego's cut down a peg!

I know right! The nerve of some people, going around acting like they're so great, absolutely despicable! I bet something like that would really put them in their place!
Magma.

Problem solved  :P

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 06:38:35 pm »

I hope Toady makes other civ's blisteringly hard to conquer, some people on this board need their ego's cut down a peg!
You believe these people understand difficulty? These people who saw gentle and benevolent mermaids swimming peacefully in the sea and said "I will force you to breed and make hats and jewlery from the sun-bleached bones of your children?" These people who saw great fetid depths filled with demons and great glowering pits leading to the very depths of hell and said "I will live inside of you?"These people who tapped into the very heart of the planet and saw the gift of armok- magma a tool that could build an endless supply of priceless artifacts or revolutionize metalworking and said "I will dip kittens in you?" There is no difficulty, only Fun.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 06:38:47 pm »

Oh and the guy who invented mermaid farming.

Sphalerite :)

I know right! The nerve of some people, going around acting like they're so great, absolutely despicable! I bet something like that would really put them in their place!

Oh you ;)

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2011, 06:41:49 pm »

Speaking of which, it wont knock anyone down a peg. They will just keep trying again and again and again until they win. And so will i!
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2011, 06:42:36 pm »

Magma.

I wonder if we'll get the ability to have moving fortress parts travel to other areas like adventurers can. If so, perhaps we could construct an army of walking, solid-steel magma cisterns that roam about the countryside dumping molten rock on helpless villages. Then they'd return to the nearest Dwarven mountainhome to fill up again.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2011, 06:43:27 pm »

The only person worthy of arrogance on this thread is DS.

He did conquer hell right?
Actually, that was That Aussie Dwarf (TAD, from now on)

But I did manage to kill Failcannon. Or at least set it on that path.

FAKEEDIT: STOP INTERRUPTING MY POSTING PROCESS WITH YOUR POSTS!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2011, 06:45:45 pm »

The only person worthy of arrogance on this thread is DS.

He did conquer hell right?
Actually, that was That Aussie Dwarf (TAD, from now on)

But I did manage to kill Failcannon. Or at least set it on that path.

FAKEEDIT: STOP INTERRUPTING MY POSTING PROCESS WITH YOUR POSTS!

You are right. I even participated in the thread. Aussie has the right to assign me to the next wall for that faux pas.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2011, 06:50:55 pm »

You are right. I even participated in the thread. Aussie has the right to assign me to the next wall for that faux pas.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Plus, I think the checkerboard, the AI, the harvesting, the !SCIENCE! and the lists... THE LISTS I TELL YOU!

I think these extend beyond simple survival goals :)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2011, 06:53:32 pm »

Magma.

I wonder if we'll get the ability to have moving fortress parts travel to other areas like adventurers can. If so, perhaps we could construct an army of walking, solid-steel magma cisterns that roam about the countryside dumping molten rock on helpless villages. Then they'd return to the nearest Dwarven mountainhome to fill up again.
Magma and giant stompy mechs?

*drool*

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2011, 06:56:59 pm »

If Toady could create tiles and stuff that moved beyond cave ins...

Power would have new uses...

Indiana Jones wall crush traps....

The plans.

The ideas.

We can dream.

Of Dorf robots.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2011, 07:00:20 pm »

After that, it won't be long until dwarves are walking around in steampunk battle mechs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2011, 07:01:01 pm »

After that, it won't be long until dwarves are walking around in steampunk battle mechs.
We really need a steampunk mod. I'm surprised no one has started one yet.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2011, 07:02:57 pm »

Someone already has... Heard somewhere about a golem mod with oil and other fun reactions...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2011, 07:04:24 pm »

Someone already has... Heard somewhere about a golem mod with oil and other fun reactions...
It's not a real steampunk mod if there are no steam-minigun wielding dwarfs in steam-powered battlesuits wearing top hats and monocles.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2011, 07:07:16 pm »

I would prefer Dwemer style moving chopper blades roving up and down corridors, Steam Centurions smashing gobbos and the statues hidden flamethrowers. Skyrim...it calls to me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5