Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87322 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #900 on: March 31, 2012, 04:11:14 pm »

.... Well darn.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 31, 2012, 04:13:46 pm »

"Diplomacy will obviously not be working here men, we need to strike hard and fast.. If the team agrees I would like to issue these orders.
All crew to battle stations!
Open fire! Helios put 3 Ravenhawks and 5 interceptors to each weapons platform. Take them out before they can finish powering.
Flarewise concentrate your laser bank on the platforms, avoid all damages, stay back.
Urist co-ordinate evasive maneuvers with us and the Flarewise, back us away from these platforms! Keep us in the wreckage though, we can use it to draw the destroyers to us."

I'll get a sit-rep of the system immediately. We need distances, firing ranges (ours and theirs), and approx. size of all enemies we can see.

Alec you wanted your chance. Get to your stealth fighter and be ready to hit that space station. Take a nuke..
Scramble all fighters..
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 04:42:58 pm by Immortal »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 31, 2012, 04:23:32 pm »

"Roger roger, we have a go. Wildfire, spin out... Form up.... Firestar, what do long range scans read?" Alec gives the mark to launch and calls for fighter formation. Alec awaits information on areas layout, debris and craft locations, and estimated scan radius's.

(Alec is flying the stealth nuke, if that is okay with the GM. I'll break formation when I get an idea of where I am going and the path to get there. Send me that sit-rep when you get an accurate scan.)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 08:17:36 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 31, 2012, 05:36:28 pm »

"Arm salvos. Arm main gun. Test fire in, two. One." Wildfire shoots a very small burst from their main guns. "All clear? Form up and ready for interception." In the change of flight pattern Alec uses the closer pattern to mask his rapid deceleration and formation break. Alec flips his outgoing comm off and attempts to control his speed, awaiting a more accurate estimate of where craft and large scrap or debris is.

(I'm assuming the Firestar has better long distance scanners than a fighter.)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 05:53:33 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 31, 2012, 05:55:01 pm »

"If those destroyers can't hit us while we're in this field, then it would be best to stay in here, as the debris might hamper them if they attempt to enter it.

If they can, then staying in the debris field is not worth it, we would risk collision with debris and our weapons would have severe limits on what they can target. Even with Urist at the helm, there's too much crap here to not be a hazard. And even then, what of the Flarewise? She's not likely to be as maneuverable as us, so, even with Urist at its controls as well, there is risk of collision."
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 31, 2012, 06:05:42 pm »

Good point, cancel that last order. Pull out of the debris field, head for the station once we are done with those platforms.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:08:14 pm by Immortal »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 31, 2012, 06:11:31 pm »

It wasn't supposed to do detailed just cut through hulls and power lines and possibly hitch rider on fighters. So that it seems like it will perform up to spec.

I help adwarf with his mecha systems.

Design and build a heavy duty welder, so that mechas can do basic repair work and cut into tanks and other armored vehicles/ compounds. (Modular design, so you can switch them ou with other weapons when needed.)
You set up a modular cutter tool that is built into the wirst of the powered EVA suit while adawarf works slimming down SMGs and building and creating an ammo feed to boxes mounted in the suit's backpack.
It's quickly becoming a quite heavy design but with duel wrist mounted SMGs and several hundred rounds in the backpack to feed to them it can put out a surprising amount of fire power while staying space capable.
But it's become fairly bulky.

Maybe you should try to switch to energy based weapons so that ammunition and the energy for the servos and motors could all be siphoned off of the same source. Or you could just free up the whole attached weapons thing completely and rely on regular small arms. We will have to troll the market for energy based small arms, light weight alloys and armors, and small battery packs that remain cool next time we head back to a station. Braben hall might have the widest selection, if a little shoddy or less than legal.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:13:05 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 01, 2012, 04:14:48 am »

"All units, battle stations! Unit commanders, to the rec room for breifing and debriefings NOW!"
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 02, 2012, 06:11:28 am »

"Arm salvos. Arm main gun. Test fire in, two. One." Wildfire shoots a very small burst from their main guns. "All clear? Form up and ready for interception." In the change of flight pattern Alec uses the closer pattern to mask his rapid deceleration and formation break. Alec flips his outgoing comm off and attempts to control his speed, awaiting a more accurate estimate of where craft and large scrap or debris is.

(I'm assuming the Firestar has better long distance scanners than a fighter.)
The wildfire squadron tests their guns as they form up, with Alec using the diversion to slip away from the fighters.
More detailed scans begin coming in showing the movement of the largest debris and the weapon platforms.
The debris field isn't that dense and the weapon platforms are spread out.

Maybe you should try to switch to energy based weapons so that ammunition and the energy for the servos and motors could all be siphoned off of the same source. Or you could just free up the whole attached weapons thing completely and rely on regular small arms. We will have to troll the market for energy based small arms, light weight alloys and armors, and small battery packs that remain cool next time we head back to a station. Braben hall might have the widest selection, if a little shoddy or less than legal.

The destroyers are a vast distance away but they have powered they're engines and are heading your way.
"This is the House Laberine armed forces you are trespassing in a restricted area leave immediately!"

Spoiler: Nav computer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Firestar status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flarewise (click to show/hide)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 02, 2012, 07:44:20 am »

".. Why did we not fire.. Fire the damn missiles! Fire the cannons!
Flarewise open up on them with your laser bank."

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 02, 2012, 10:47:52 am »

(Will incoming comns give me away?)

Alec picks a route that will be further away from the fighter groups and craft and through some space debris.  Alec wipes sweat out of his eyes as he attempts to control his speed and disguise his ship as space trash or a wrecked fighter. He picks a route that will avoid scans and pings to the best of his knowledge and finally, but breifly, get him to where he needs to drop the nuke.

(This might be my last post (for a while), considering I am leaving for two monthes, computerless. I'm sure you will need a fighter pilot, so if anyone would like two character temporarily please let me know. I leave a little later today. If this is still running when I get back (fingers crossed) then I will definately still play it.)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 02, 2012, 10:19:45 pm »

Arjen's half-destroyed voice cuts into Alec's command before he can complete the order:

"Belay that order. Do not open fire, at least, not yet.

Urist, see if you can hack those defense platforms. If we can turn them on each other, or the destroyers, we won't waste ammunition and we'll take out two threats at the same time. Even if you just shut them down temporarily, it will remove a distraction.

Helio, try to hack the destroyers, shut them down, make them lose control, overload weapons; whatever you can do."

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 02, 2012, 10:54:40 pm »

"On my authority, carry out Arjun's orders! Missile squards, get ready to open fire on my mark!"
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 03, 2012, 12:20:48 am »

"On my authority, carry out Arjun's orders! Missile squards, get ready to open fire on my mark!"

"Remember people: The station has priority right now. Even with Alec's stealth bomber and nuclear device aiming at it, if the nuclear blast somehow fails to destroy it, it becomes priority target for you bombers.

If the blast does its job, which it should, your target will be the destroyers, do not, however, attack until the station is gone. Also, I want no more than 5 missiles in the air at a time per destroyer, observe the damage before launching another salvo at the same ship. No need to be wasting them. Also, remember that you will have railgun fire support from the Firestar if needed.

Once the destroyers are down, priority shifts to the defense platforms. The Firestar and Flarewise will be moving out and away from the debris field while the station and destroyers have priority, so as to hopefully be out of range of the platforms when they become priority. However, I do not want you hotshots going after the platforms, leave them for our capital ships. Instead, sit tight and return to base after the nearby platforms are gone.

Also, Alec, that nuclear weapon is likely to induce massive EMP effects over the surface of the planet. You'll be in space, so it won't even be near you, but anything on that planet or in its atmosphere within a certain range of the blast is likely to be disabled unless its electronics are hardened against EMP effects or has Faraday protection."
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 05:44:49 am by PyroDesu »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 04, 2012, 10:21:50 am »

The destroyers and station are actualy a long way away (about ten minutes out for the Firestar) they're just putting out so much power you can see them from ages away.
(Will incoming comns give me away?)

Alec picks a route that will be further away from the fighter groups and craft and through some space debris.  Alec wipes sweat out of his eyes as he attempts to control his speed and disguise his ship as space trash or a wrecked fighter. He picks a route that will avoid scans and pings to the best of his knowledge and finally, but breifly, get him to where he needs to drop the nuke.

(This might be my last post (for a while), considering I am leaving for two monthes, computerless. I'm sure you will need a fighter pilot, so if anyone would like two character temporarily please let me know. I leave a little later today. If this is still running when I get back (fingers crossed) then I will definately still play it.)
No you can pick up incoming comns unnoticed.
You aim your ship carefuly drifting most of the way with a few extreamly percise thrusts to propel your vesker to where it needs to be but it will take you a long time to get there.

(See you when you get back then!)

Arjen's half-destroyed voice cuts into Alec's command before he can complete the order:

"Belay that order. Do not open fire, at least, not yet.

Urist, see if you can hack those defense platforms. If we can turn them on each other, or the destroyers, we won't waste ammunition and we'll take out two threats at the same time. Even if you just shut them down temporarily, it will remove a distraction.

Helio, try to hack the destroyers, shut them down, make them lose control, overload weapons; whatever you can do."
Helios grumbles to himself as he tries to interfere with the destroyers.
"Damn it they've upgraded their secruity, you used to be able to force an emergency stop remotely but they seem to have patched that recently.
They've cut down on the number of systems you can access remotely as well, it's like these guys have suddenly become obsessive about digital sec-shit! Counter Viris! ....ok, ok I think I've got it contained buuut now I'm locked out from their systems, sorry guys you're going to have to take them out the old fashioned way,"

Urist has a little more luck by scrambling the weapon platform IFF transponders, they can no longer tell the difference between allies and enemies.
But they havn't been granted clearence to fire yet.
"This is your finial warning begin jumping to another star immediatly or you will be destroyed!"
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 71