Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87359 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #870 on: March 29, 2012, 02:13:07 pm »

"Aye aye, sir" (we didn't sell all the fighters? I thought all we had was the cloaked vesker left.)
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 29, 2012, 02:16:09 pm »

Won't the EMP take out the fighter as well? Can the fighters operate in the atmosphere?

Yes unless they are shielded and no. We actually haven't come across any ship that functions in space and atmo. Maybe when we get to a bigger population center we can find on but I bet it will be a civilian vessel and will require a lot of time to install guns and even then reentry might blow them off or just make them finicky.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 29, 2012, 02:17:21 pm »

Won't the EMP take out the fighter as well? Can the fighters operate in the atmosphere?

Yes unless they are shielded and no. We actually haven't come across any ship that functions in space and atmo. Maybe when we get to a bigger population center we can find on but I bet it will be a civilian vessel and will require a lot of time to install guns and even then reentry might blow them off or just make them finicky.
The cargo shuttles can operate in the atmosphere.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 29, 2012, 02:18:05 pm »

The cargo shuttles can operate in the atmosphere.

My bad. Plenty of fighters. "Aye sir. I will have them prepped for launch on your signal."
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 02:20:22 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 29, 2012, 02:24:31 pm »

That bomber was modified for shielding and stealth at the same time a little while ago. It was planned for that bomber to deliver nukes and EMPs some time ago.

No fighters we have can operate in the atmosphere. We have no idea if the installation will have ships at its current time though. Nothing says about it being unguarded.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 29, 2012, 02:40:52 pm »

It feels weird for me to be the one suggesting this, but what if we just have Urist (aka. me) have the codes to open the crate.  If we do have a traitor on board, we can be pretty sure its not an AI, since the saboteur's weapon of choice would be an AI's last choice.  As an AI, I would be the only one not willing to open the crate while its on board, since that would kill me, unlike you humans.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 29, 2012, 02:50:07 pm »

It feels weird for me to be the one suggesting this, but what if we just have Urist (aka. me) have the codes to open the crate.  If we do have a traitor on board, we can be pretty sure its not an AI, since the saboteur's weapon of choice would be an AI's last choice.  As an AI, I would be the only one not willing to open the crate while its on board, since that would kill me, unlike you humans.
Back-ups.Also if you have a back-up you won't even have to worry about getting of the ship, since you already are of the ship.

Also, A.I. 's are networked systems, and might be/ have been hacked. Also detonating the Emp would kill humans quite quickly, depending on how damaged the lifesupport systems are.
Hacking humans is a bit  harder, but can be done. ( Using lasers to activate certain brain functions with pinpoint accuracy, for example)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 29, 2012, 07:05:29 pm »

What about we just put it in an orbit where it can be easily intercepted in a week or so when we know more?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 29, 2012, 07:41:12 pm »

Instead of fucking around with the EMP n orbit and stuff, why don't we send it, small, unmanned, as a kind of missile towards the settlement before we attack. That will wipe any sensors, and allow us to not be recorded, therefore making sure we don't piss off any nobles

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 29, 2012, 07:45:53 pm »

How about we make it so multiple crew members and Urist all have to activate it?

That way, we don't have to worry about any infiltrator setting it off on their own.

Instead of fucking around with the EMP n orbit and stuff, why don't we send it, small, unmanned, as a kind of missile towards the settlement before we attack. That will wipe any sensors, and allow us to not be recorded, therefore making sure we don't piss off any nobles

I do believe that it was mentioned that the places we're to smash are hardened against EMP? At the very least, we wouldn't be frying much, they're buried to the point where a surface-detonating nuclear weapon won't work, so I doubt EMP (Which a nuke would create on its own, provided the planet has an Ionosphere, which is very likely...) would work.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 29, 2012, 07:53:11 pm »

Design, or adapt a machine-gun style weapon for the mech-suit. Then proceed to make a proto-type of the mech-suit

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 30, 2012, 08:53:15 am »

Lets stop screwing around with this EMP entirely. We should just have it so the emp can't be armed until fired. Just like how we currently have all our missiles.. There problem solved. Now lets arm the fighters, prep them, and hit this installation.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 30, 2012, 09:06:21 am »

Fuel and arm the drones. The rocket drone gets 3 fighter hunters.

I design(not build) a small drone, similair to the crawler drones, but smaller. Armed with a small turret, some small turrets and a whole lot of maintenance equipment this drone will land on other ships, cut himself a way through the hull and then start sabotaging it's internal systems. Can be used as a normal repair drone.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 30, 2012, 11:53:15 am »

I design(not build) a small drone, similair to the crawler drones, but smaller. Armed with a small turret, some small turrets and a whole lot of maintenance equipment this drone will land on other ships, cut himself a way through the hull and then start sabotaging it's internal systems. Can be used as a normal repair drone.

A boarding drone?

Cool, you could probably have it have a gattling cannon. Ship armor is resistant to its small rounds, but not ship crew.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 30, 2012, 11:59:41 am »

A boarding drone?

Cool, you could probably have it have a gattling cannon. Ship armor is resistant to its small rounds, but not ship crew.
More of a sabotage drone, disabling the cannons and weapons and such. The gun is only to aid it's quick escape when it's discovered.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 71