Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87316 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #855 on: March 28, 2012, 03:28:28 pm »

First of all, I want to say that this is an awesome game.

Second, just wondering here, whatever happened to that crewmember that got his leg cut (it was either up or off, I can't remember which) by a tow cable when that shuttle full of explosives went up and some of ya'll were EVA?
He either died or was healed at the Station. Don't remember anymore.

Hm, just thinking that if he got back on one of the ships, I'd take him.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 28, 2012, 03:37:09 pm »

"Having a head medic with some staff would be nice too." Alec says tapping his fingers on the fabricated wood railing of the billiards table.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 28, 2012, 04:05:16 pm »

"Hey! We sorted it out right?"
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 28, 2012, 04:09:16 pm »

Alec ceases his tapping "That remains to be seen. We don't know where it came from or why, yet. I assume this won't be the last present we get from whoever. I would rather be prepared this next time, or at least without a group of panicked voiders runnin' left and right."

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 28, 2012, 08:44:44 pm »

"Hm. Don't everyone jump up at once. Well, does anyone else propose a solution to this problem?"

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 28, 2012, 10:03:10 pm »

Nope. We're doing fine so far. Let's keep heading with the mission.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 28, 2012, 11:38:27 pm »

Alec pursed his lips "Bill open the doors." The doors opened and everyone flowed out. The mission commenced.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 29, 2012, 10:04:07 am »

There won't be so much power used when running it, but you will indeed need a giant amount of power to get a decent magnetic field.

What's the diameter and length of the flarewise ?
No there'll be a hell of a lot of power needed to run it.
Magnetic fields are created by charge moveing around and the strength of the field is dependant on the charge.
There will always be a precentage of energy lost and released as heat when charge is moved(assuming resistance of any kind), the more energy used and the greater distance it travels the greater the ineffiency, so while it will take less energy to run than start up it'll still take a vast constant input of power to keep it running.
And the heat released from this causes further problems in space where disposing of waste heat is promblematic.
I've always seen shields as like trying to stop bullets with pressure waves: you'll always expend far more energy to stop the bullet then it took to fire the bullet but if you produce a big enough pressure wave it'll work.

As for the length and diameter of the Flarewise it's 350 meters long and about 50 meters wide...I think, that number could change as I think a little more on it.

Begin designing, and making of a blueprint for a mech-suit
You come up with an idea to modify the EVA suits to have servo motors to increase the strength of the user and improve mobility.
First of all, I want to say that this is an awesome game.

Second, just wondering here, whatever happened to that crewmember that got his leg cut (it was either up or off, I can't remember which) by a tow cable when that shuttle full of explosives went up and some of ya'll were EVA?
He'll take several months to recover so he signed off, he reportedly plans to take a nice long vaction after he's released from hospital.

Alright lets start everything back up. Sensor sweep the surrounding space. Contact the Flarewise let them know whats up.
Have security teams ready at all times.

Lets keep heading for the installation.
Deciding to turn everything back on the crew elects to continue on their mission.
Helios however asks about what you intend to do with the emp.
Stating his concerns about how it got on board.
It doesn't take long before the two ships reach the jump point.
Any last commands before the jump?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 29, 2012, 12:14:14 pm »

I'll draw up something else then:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Didn't we have some kind of quarantine box? If I remember correctly, we had some when we got the Flarewise and put those unidentified cases in some?

If we do, it might be best to put the EMP device in one of those, just in case.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:33:59 pm by PyroDesu »

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 29, 2012, 01:09:09 pm »

Didn't we have some kind of quarantine box? If I remember correctly, we had some when we got the Flarewise and put those unidentified cases in some?

What if we made it into something like a missile?  So no one could set off the EMP while it was aboard, and we could fire it out (or at least shove it in a general direction) and then remotely open the box once we're at a safe distance.

BTW, was I turned off?  :P
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 29, 2012, 01:15:11 pm »

What if we made it into something like a missile?  So no one could set off the EMP while it was aboard, and we could fire it out (or at least shove it in a general direction) and then remotely open the box once we're at a safe distance.

BTW, was I turned off?  :P

A quarantine missile so we can use the EMP? Sounds good.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 29, 2012, 01:22:08 pm »

First, want to say this is a awesome story. Blowing up a pirate fleet in 5 SECONDS? Epic

Also, are there any large data centers that have records about ships produced? I want to get more info on the ship.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 29, 2012, 01:42:07 pm »

Every system has it's own data cache and little news travels between them because it is costly and takes time. Almost no news trades between noble realms. If we want info we might have a better time heading from massive capital system to massive capital system. Unless we can find a military research facility...

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 29, 2012, 02:10:34 pm »

Perfect, lets go ahead and turn it into a missile or even just something we can push out a missile tube. Change it to a timer and password arming. Give the password to only a select few. Load it into the stealth bomber we have and give the pilot the key-code too. We can have that bomber deliver it. No need to have it in missile form, when it can drift into them undetected instead.

Can we have all fighters prepped and ready for launch?
Load Ravenhawks into all fighters capable.
All pilots ready-up and lets get preflight checks done. I know there isn't a lot of room but it everyone gets together we can have most of them ready to be moved into position as the holds clear out.

Thats all I can see that needs to be done.
Ready crew?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 02:13:15 pm by Immortal »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 29, 2012, 02:12:24 pm »

Won't the EMP take out the fighter as well? Can the fighters operate in the atmosphere?
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 71