Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87358 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #840 on: March 27, 2012, 02:53:42 pm »

I doubt the Ai would have done it, the EMP would have wiped anything on board
Exactly!  An EMP is probably the last weapon an AI would use, since it would kill us and none of our targets!  So don't look at us.

I think our hacker friend sent us a present.
Oh Yeah, that guy. I completly forgot about him. Maybe we should start keeping lists of people we angered and such.
Question: Where is the Flarewise, she might be in problems if it is indeed the hacker who dropped the bomb.( it's his ship after all, and it might contain conclusive evidence.)

Also, I propose we shift weaponcontrol and all other important system thingies to a closed circuit computer. Or at least get a decent firewall.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 27, 2012, 03:12:58 pm »

We should also do scans of the surrounding area.
we didn't get bombed but we might as well have at the moment, dead and such. There might be a ship outside or some lampreys readying for assault.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 27, 2012, 03:35:43 pm »

hmm, what is our long term goal anyway? Getting an altruistic and benevolent AI with no failsafes in a von neuman machine in a random unoccupied star system where it can build an army and/or be controlled in a successor game?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 27, 2012, 03:46:15 pm »

hmm, what is our long term goal anyway? Getting an altruistic and benevolent AI with no failsafes in a von neuman machine in a random unoccupied star system where it can build an army and/or be controlled in a successor game?

I think it is safe to say that each one of our characters has a seperate goal. Some may be parallel at points but not all ends are the same.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 28, 2012, 07:14:23 am »

Someone got the Emp onboard. They probably wanted to board and takeover the ship. They got into our maincomputer( I doubt the Ai would have done it, the EMP would have wiped anything on board) So I propose we activate the backup generator( we have one of those, right) just to reactivate the lifesupport and sensors . COntinue searching.
You have three backup generators aboard the Firestar (every vital system aboard the firestar has a backup of somekind)
But the searches fail to find anything more.

It's better then not searching everything and being Emp'ed and boarded. Just do a small search, we don't want to dissassemble the entire ship.

Also, a complete unrelated idea for drone powering and propulsion , involving the Flarewise.
Spoiler: version A (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Plan B (click to show/hide)
The only problem with the above ideas is the huge amount of power they require to run which would be an order of magnitude more than the Firestar's reactor produces.
It might be possible with a large enough bank of capacitors to activate such a system for short periods.

Oh Yeah, that guy. I completly forgot about him. Maybe we should start keeping lists of people we angered and such.
Question: Where is the Flarewise, she might be in problems if it is indeed the hacker who dropped the bomb.( it's his ship after all, and it might contain conclusive evidence.)

Also, I propose we shift weaponcontrol and all other important system thingies to a closed circuit computer. Or at least get a decent firewall.
The Flarewise is a short distance behind you and it reports nothing suspicious on sensors.
You physicaly replaced the Flarewise's hard drives and the ship was throughly scoured by the military, it's unlikely any evidence remains onboard.
In addition to turning to backup power you shunt all controls to a closed circuit system that should be safe from outside control.

Yera, this, I'll serch the drives of the main computer using another computer with a different operating system and no connectivity to the ships network.
After an extensive search of the ship's systems you can't find any trace of intrusion, any code you don't recognise or anything out of the ordinary.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 28, 2012, 07:22:34 am »

It's better then not searching everything and being Emp'ed and boarded. Just do a small search, we don't want to dissassemble the entire ship.

Also, a complete unrelated idea for drone powering and propulsion , involving the Flarewise.
Spoiler: version A (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Plan B (click to show/hide)
The only problem with the above ideas is the huge amount of power they require to run which would be an order of magnitude more than the Firestar's reactor produces.
It might be possible with a large enough bank of capacitors to activate such a system for short periods.
There won't be so much power used when running it, but you will indeed need a giant amount of power to get a decent magnetic field.

What's the diameter and length of the flarewise ?

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 28, 2012, 07:46:50 am »

Alright lets start everything back up. Sensor sweep the surrounding space. Contact the Flarewise let them know whats up.
Have security teams ready at all times.

Lets keep heading for the installation.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 28, 2012, 12:34:00 pm »

Begin designing, and making of a blueprint for a mech-suit

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 28, 2012, 12:39:42 pm »

"Alright everybody, it all goes back on!" Alec yells "While they turn everything on I want to see you fellas (pointing at the PCs) in the rec room. Bill and urist, lock the doors to the rec room once we are in."

We should talk about the chain of command, set up an alert team and all that. That's what I'm hoping to do. Once everyone is in the rec room, if you don't agree with the idea just tell my character to shut up and he has only been here about an hour.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 28, 2012, 01:50:46 pm »

First of all, I want to say that this is an awesome game.

Second, just wondering here, whatever happened to that crewmember that got his leg cut (it was either up or off, I can't remember which) by a tow cable when that shuttle full of explosives went up and some of ya'll were EVA?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 28, 2012, 01:58:05 pm »

First of all, I want to say that this is an awesome game.

Second, just wondering here, whatever happened to that crewmember that got his leg cut (it was either up or off, I can't remember which) by a tow cable when that shuttle full of explosives went up and some of ya'll were EVA?
He either died or was healed at the Station. Don't remember anymore.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 28, 2012, 02:00:59 pm »

As the group enters the rec room and the door closes behind the Alec turns around "We need to get some sort of system online. We need to have somebody in charge of security, inventory, techies, engineers, navigation, and pilots. I will take care of the Cloak n' Swaggers (stealth pilots) ,Xil, I think you should take care of the Run n' Guns (fighters). Everybody else, I can see that you are the first to react to a situation when one arises. That is why I pointed you fellas out. Let's start volunteering for jobs and breaking up spacers into teams. Or do y'all just think I'm full of shit?" Alec paces about the room. "We need head pilots of our ships in case, god forbid, we don't have boltheads to maneuver them. Don't you agree?"

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 28, 2012, 02:02:57 pm »

"It does say something when my first hour on ship there is a clusterfuck about a bomb being slipped on board and a bunch of spacers in a panic. We should remedy that."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 28, 2012, 03:13:20 pm »

"Organization? Nah, just plying it y ear has worked fine so far, don't fix what isn't broken."
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 28, 2012, 03:25:28 pm »

"Having an armed bomb on board... isn't broken?"
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 71