Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87519 times)

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #675 on: February 13, 2012, 03:05:51 pm »

If your still accepting people as characters on the ship then I wouldn't mind joining up. You can pick me up at a space station or something.

USER: Xardalas
NAME: Xil Valcenti
ITEMS: M9 Pistol
BACKGROUND: Used to be a military fighter pilot till he was layed off. Now wandwers around and offers his services to any who pay.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #676 on: February 13, 2012, 04:10:28 pm »

I don't think we should hire more crew, I think we should recruit some more permanent members. What with that last achievement, there should be plenty of willing candidates.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 13, 2012, 04:18:31 pm »

There really should be links back so that looking up all prices for everything ever listed is easier. I can't find the turrets mounts, nor the crew, nor fighter upgrade prices.

Were getting somewhere now! Alright lets get some stuff done crew. We need both ships tip top and ready for bigger fish. Use all our crap in the storage to supplement supplies. Basically use any junk we have to subsidize costs.

Spoiler: Shopping List! (click to show/hide)
Feel free to add or modify this guys. Suggest strategies, reasons and stuff to do upgrades. Don't buy more missiles though, were going to Braben hall(Toy Store) after.

"Hey Urist, Helios, think you guys can spend the time in dock to write up some kick ass fighter program? Maybe get them to work as a coherent swarm? You two can use all the fuel and testing you think is needed. Have fun with it. It'll be run off the mainframe in the Flarewise so if we can have human controllers just tell the swarm what large ship to hit they will fighter their way there and attack it."

Jerick - I got those numbers from ones you posted a while ago so you don't have to hunt. Trying to make posts easier :P

Everyone - Once we get both ships organized, and upgraded we can decide another move from there, Braben Hall for missiles I figure?
Good, but to modest. I say we should spend at least 40 000 on upgrades before the next job, and probably hire a LOT more crew.

Also, why delay upgrading to point defence batteries?

Additions to the shopping list:

- full refuel and ludricus amounts of ammo for everything. Also food for a year or so.
- Stealth probe x2, Satellite, Data Courier

Also, look into point defence and point-defence-negation for missiles. There's got to be a more efficient way than launching real missiles not intended to do damage, just to draw fire. Anti-anti-missile-missile-missile, and/or something to fly in front of another missile and gradually spread chaff. Or maybe a turret that shots long-lived chaff to build a corridor missiles can traverse undetected.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 13, 2012, 05:07:59 pm »

First things first questions to answer and issues to address.
Also, why delay upgrading to point defence batteries?
They're not available in Galvenn.

There really should be links back so that looking up all prices for everything ever listed is easier. I can't find the turrets mounts, nor the crew, nor fighter upgrade prices.
Thats because prices for everything change depending on where you are.
However for everyones conevnce my next post will be a list of the prices of all the different star systems that I'll link to each post.

Also, look into point defence and point-defence-negation for missiles. There's got to be a more efficient way than launching real missiles not intended to do damage, just to draw fire. Anti-anti-missile-missile-missile, and/or something to fly in front of another missile and gradually spread chaff. Or maybe a turret that shots long-lived chaff to build a corridor missiles can traverse undetected.
The military RnD teams have been looking into that kind of stuff for a long while now.
They have developed a number of responses to missile counter measures such as point defenses and interceptors which are currently being deployed as international tensions worsen.
For those not in the military some of these next gen missiles are very hard to get on the black market, but not impossible.

If your still accepting people as characters on the ship then I wouldn't mind joining up. You can pick me up at a space station or something.

USER: Xardalas
NAME: Xil Valcenti
ITEMS: M9 Pistol
BACKGROUND: Used to be a military fighter pilot till he was layed off. Now wandwers around and offers his services to any who pay.
I'm always accepting new characters and you've timed it nicely what with more crew about to be hired.

Jerick - I got those numbers from ones you posted a while ago so you don't have to hunt. Trying to make posts easier
Very helpful thanks!
Though i keep a massive text document full of notes on this thing which inculdes the prices at different stations, character notes on NPCs, descriptions of things (some you've encountered and don't know about yet), loot tables and stuff like that so I don't have to hunt through the thread.
(Although my notes could do with being tidier)

Flarewise has no armour ):
You could give it armour...it'd only cost about 5,661 to rebuild the hull and 2,000 units of the armour type of your choice.
(Even if you only go basic it will mean the Flarewise could take way more punishment than the Firestar's sides ever could)

- Upgrade all mounts to Mediums (Firestar - 5200c) upgrade to pt def batteries later
- Install 4 medium mounts (Flarewise - 12400c) pt def batteries to buy later
- Upgrade 2 mounts to Mediums (Flarewise - 1300c) Laser turrets?!
Just so you know you can't mount a turret on a mount that's larger than it.
That means all those turret mounts would be empty until you got to Braben hall to buy some medium turrets.
Do you still want to upgrade here?
(Because of Galvenn's shipyard facilities it will be cheaper to upgrade here)

- Major work to the Flarewise
     System to hold 50 remote fighters (move the fighters into the hanger too)
Two things to note firstly the Flarewise doesn't actualy have a hanger (Things have always "docked" with it rather than entering a hanger) and secondly due to the space needed to prep a fighter for launch a fighter ready to fly will take up consdierably more room than any fighter in storage.

Now I'll deal with actual actions after the pricelist post.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 13, 2012, 05:17:28 pm »

Spoiler: Tabein Station goods (click to show/hide)
    Spoiler: Galvenn four goods (click to show/hide)
    Spoiler: Braben Hall (click to show/hide)
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:04:50 am by Jerick »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #680 on: February 13, 2012, 05:53:52 pm »

- Full system and armour repair (Firestar + Flarewise)
    1,560 credits- The Firestar and Flarewsie are completely repaired.
    Install 6 missile tubes
    2100 credits- The Flarewise gets six new missile launchers.
    - Have all fighters turned remote (use our electronics and fabrication stuff, most of our crew can work on this)
    48 fighters 5 advanced electronics each (240 with the shortfall being bought from the station) 560 credits- all the fighters are setup to be capable of remote control.
    Mainframe to control fighters and communications to do so
    The mainframe is moved back on to the Flarewise and linked to the comunication systems.
    20 Interceptors (400c)

- full refuel and ludricus amounts of ammo for everything. Also food for a year or so.
    - Stealth probe x2, Satellite, Data Courier
    Total cost 50,093 credits
    Food:18,250
    Fuel: 15,641
    100x Cannon shells: 600
    Satellite: 300
    Stealth probe x2: 2400
    Data Courier: 12,902

Overall total: 54,713

Spoiler: Nav computer (click to show/hide)
    Spoiler: Firestar status (click to show/hide)
    Spoiler: Flarewise (click to show/hide)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #681 on: February 13, 2012, 06:11:04 pm »

USER: Adwarf
    NAME: Zack Martin
    ITEMS: Toolbox
    BACKGROUND: Zack was run off from his world for illegally producing weapons for use in war, and has since decided to go on the run, and join anyone who would give him the freedom to make whatever he wants. Seeing the Firestar he figures it might need his expertise, and his slightly insane ideas for inventions.

If its okay I'd like to join. I have hit, and go internet access, so if you feel ready to update please go ahead, and skip me :)

Examine what supplies I have at hand to begin building my inventions.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
    • God of Blood
      • View Profile
    « Reply #682 on: February 13, 2012, 06:15:01 pm »

Might have overdone it on the food. Oh well, it's in character.

These things add up faster than you'd expect.

I say we get that armour upgrade for the flarewise, and move a light point defence from the Firestar to it so we have full coverage, but hold of on any more serius weaponry than we already have on it for now.

For the Firestar, we should upgrade two ligh mounts to medium, and add two new medium mounts, making 4 of each kind. The mediums will all get point defence batteries, the lights will get whatever we have in storage except point defence. We should also get loads and loads of missiles obviously.

a Doctor 1/ Hacker 2/ Security 2 set for the Flarewise like we have for the Firestar.

Four crawler drones to the Firestar, one to the Flarewise.

And we should get that alcohol still.
    So says Armok, God of blood.
    Sszsszssoo...
    Sszsszssaaayysss...
    III...

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
      • View Profile
      • Agora Forum Demo!
    « Reply #683 on: February 13, 2012, 09:14:53 pm »

I'd like my character to investigate making some of those missile countermeasures Armok suggested. Also, we might want to consider getting more ships soon. Oh, and talk to helios about some of those more serious contracts he's got.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #684 on: February 13, 2012, 09:34:21 pm »

Damn Armok, that was a good amount. To buy all the replacement turrets in medium size it will cost 21370c (leaving us with 70000k).

Jerick - Yes I realize the implications of the next set of actions, will have no working turrets.. so to negate that,
    Buy all the interceptors, fighter hunters, ravenhawks, and fighter destroyers. We should be safe to run to Braben Hall I assume with that much.
    Anyways upgrade all 8 of the Firestars mounts to Medium.
    Install 4 Medium Turrets on the Flarewise. Upgrade the other two to medium.
    Armor the Flarewise, light plating!
    Sell off any turrets we can here.

Jerick - Those fighters have all been modified to be remote ready. They should not need as much room, since with not needing boarding area for pilots? They should just slip into their spots.. Whats the price to have the docking system set up for a 40 fighter hanger? Or can the Flarewise not handle that? If so how many fighters in a remote fighter hanger can it hold?
    Oh and what would it cost to have some pt def batteries shipped here while we get the work done?

Angle - Agreed, we should definitely look into that after the next high paying mission.

Armok - I think we should deck both ships out, full turret batteries. We have more then enough money to do this.
    « Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 09:36:29 pm by Immortal »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
    • Descan Pengwind
      • View Profile
    « Reply #685 on: February 13, 2012, 10:17:24 pm »

I think we should convert some or all of our fighters into stealth fighters.
    What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
    Glory to Arstotzka!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #686 on: February 13, 2012, 10:35:06 pm »

I want in too please. Just curious is there any sort of active camo, biotech, or cyborgitry in this universe?

USER: Gotdamnmiracle
    NAME: Alec Field
    ITEMS: Bodysleeve
    Carbonknife (not detected on low security scans)
    BACKGROUND: Alec worked for a couple of the Imperial houses mostly flying missions that required a stealthy docking and assault or an ambush. Alec is not trained in actual combat piloting though so anything beyond surprise attacks and hit and run tactics is not his forte. Alec knows how to stay hidden in a ship though. As a result of playing for both sides in house conflicts he had to go into hiding, landing him in a nasty crowd where he was able to learn how to hook onto and quickly assault a vessel with a small team. Alec would drop an EMP in their lap, turn on the magnetic strip on the hatch, clip into the side of the vessel, someone would cut right in and they would be inside it with a gun to the captians head in a minute flat (if it's a small ship with little complications). Alec is only mediocre at assaulting a vessel however, seeing as he spends most of his time in the pilot seat. This kind of high stress job has taken it's toll over time and Alec has developed a drinking problem.

Alec has been inquiring about the Firestar and is at that smuggler haven (Bramhall I think it was) whenever you decide to run through there.
    « Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:45:04 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
    Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
    • Descan Pengwind
      • View Profile
    « Reply #687 on: February 13, 2012, 11:10:21 pm »

Sensors in this universe seem to work primarily by detecting heat, and stealth is achieved by reducing one's heat signature. As far as I know, there doesn't seem to be anything like active camo.
    What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
    Glory to Arstotzka!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #688 on: February 13, 2012, 11:12:35 pm »

Not on a ship level, from human to human. Sensors look for heat because it is easier to detect, especially on a massive scale like that of a ship. I remember seeing an article a few years ago about copper wafer with an electrical current running through it acts like active camo. I wish I could find that article, though. And I'm sure thre is a way to mask human heat especially because life support would be about like 70 to 80 degrees F so 98.5 seems like it wouldn't be that hard to pass off or cover up.
    « Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:19:22 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
    Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
    • Descan Pengwind
      • View Profile
    « Reply #689 on: February 13, 2012, 11:29:32 pm »

Yeah, we'll need confirmation from Jerick, but there doesn't seem to be human to human stealth. If it does exist, it's probably secret military technology or something.
    Glory to Arstotzka!
    Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 71