Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87609 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #555 on: February 03, 2012, 05:21:06 pm »

I think he means have the OS copied to the Flarewise. I don't know if that would really work, the Firestars OS is tailored to it, so it probably wouldn't mesh very well with the Flarewise.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 03, 2012, 05:59:17 pm »

It seems like they both use the Armok Modular System already, anyway, so there's no point in arguing about doing it, since it's already been done.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 03, 2012, 06:01:57 pm »

No it hasn't already been done. Angle had it right. I was thinking do that then send Urist over to tailor it to the Flarewise.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 03, 2012, 06:23:15 pm »

Ah, I see.  Thats a good idea.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 03, 2012, 06:27:37 pm »

Okay, then I don't don't know what you're referring to as the "OS", unless you mean we should transfer the software modules that the Firestar has which the Flarewise doesn't to the Flarewise. In that case, I'd say we should transfer all the ones that apply.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 03, 2012, 06:59:49 pm »

Did we want to go to Braben hall? I assume we can get lots of ammo, and cheap turrets among other things.

Also have the Firestars OS transfered to the Flarewise. The AI's may move to any ship they want.

Jerick - What kind of computing power does each ship hold, and that mainframe sitting on the Flarewise? I'm looking for an estimate how comfortable and efficient the AI's can be along side the OSs during battle.
You transfer all applicable program moddules to the Flarewise and retailor it to suit the cargo ship where nessicary.

Firestar:200,000 (just an arbitrary measurement of general computer power used to show comparision)
Flarewise:25,000
Mainframe:40,000
Remote fighter:150
Knell fighter:75
Scout Drone:10
Shuttle:60
An AI needs a minimum of 2,000 to support itself and 17,000 for comfort

Spoiler: Nav computer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Firestar status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flarewise (click to show/hide)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 04, 2012, 01:41:19 pm »

Where's an unit of Advanced Electronics on that list? what about a personal tablet computer or iContactlenses or whatever everyone have on them?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #562 on: February 04, 2012, 02:04:26 pm »

The cargo is at the bottom of the lists. The crews stuff isn't shown because it belongs to them, not us, and so we can't make much use of it.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 04, 2012, 02:07:03 pm »

The cargo is at the bottom of the lists. The crews stuff isn't shown because it belongs to them, not us, and so we can't make much use of it.
He's not talking about the processor capacity list, not the stuff we habve list.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 04, 2012, 02:36:26 pm »

Alright lets saddle up and make for Galvenn.

He's not talking about the processor capacity list, not the stuff we have list.
I assume that is what you wanted to say? It would be nice to know so we can purchase the right amount of stuff to make things, such as our remote fighters and drones.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 04:55:04 pm by Immortal »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 04, 2012, 08:25:21 pm »

Where's an unit of Advanced Electronics on that list? what about a personal tablet computer or iContactlenses or whatever everyone have on them?
Advanced electronics aren't just computers, they're anything electronic in nature that is difficult to manufacture.
The general baseline for advanced electronics is about 20 per unit but that is affected by a roll when being built and could be noticably higher or lower depending.
As for a personal computing device (comes in pretty much any form people are willing to pay for) it's preformance varies from model to model but tends to be around 3-4

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 04, 2012, 08:55:05 pm »

Hmm, I assume there are busineses down on the sorface selling thousands of random irelevant mundane products, like supercomputers and construction equipment and modern art and whatever?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 05, 2012, 07:33:43 am »

Hmm, I assume there are busineses down on the sorface selling thousands of random irelevant mundane products, like supercomputers and construction equipment and modern art and whatever?
Yup pretty much, except your currently in Tabien which doesn't have any inhabited worlds just a station and supercomupters are something that'll appear on the purchase list if you find a place that sells them.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 05, 2012, 05:12:55 pm »

How much fuel will the Flarewise approximately consume for these trips?
Tabien -> Galvenn
Tabien -> Braben Hall
Galvenn -> Braben Hall

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 05, 2012, 07:40:37 pm »

How much fuel will the Flarewise approximately consume for these trips?
Tabien -> Galvenn
Tabien -> Braben Hall
Galvenn -> Braben Hall
Fuel consumption is the same regardless as to where you're jumping (but there is a finite limit to how far you can jump in one go).
It'll take 540 units of fuel to get it from where it is to near enough the star for it to jump and it'll always take 50 units of fuel to jump(when a ship comes out of a jump it's near enough the star to jump again).

But that doesn't count the cost of in system travel for example
  • Galvenn 1; 120
  • Galvenn 2; 190
  • Galvenn 3; 230
  • Galvenn 4; 320

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 71