Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87599 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #525 on: February 01, 2012, 09:41:34 am »

Well hold up, first let's see about finishing the mission. THEN we loot.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 01, 2012, 09:17:40 pm »

Angle, what do you suggest we do to finish the mission?
I think we should send a distress signal. Hopefully we can open communications with the military. I don't see many other options though then to keep our sensors on watch and do a little salvaging.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #527 on: February 01, 2012, 09:27:04 pm »

I suggest we talk to the people who hired us, see if they need anything more. Maybe collect some of those escape pods and keep them in a depressurized cargo hold. We can hand them over to whoever. Might also be good to move closer to the place, see if anyone is making a getaway while we're distracted.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 01, 2012, 10:10:31 pm »

We're at the planet, I assume over the ground installation. We cannot contact the ground base, as previously stated, their comms are down. When I say send a distress message, I assume that the ruling house in Galvenn owns this base?

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 02, 2012, 09:43:16 am »

Lets send out that distress signal, probably to the ruling house, or the Military.

Begin work on salvaging the Muon beam turret, once finished with that carefully attempt to get the reactor. I assume the reactor is off though, so probably not to dangerous.
The military respond saying they'll be there in an hour.
The Muon turret is simple to remove and bring into your cargo bay.
The reactor was on when the ship was hit and as a result is still on now.
After a nevre wrecking few minutes the crew manage to activate the reactor's emergency shutdown and pull it from the wreakage.
I suggest we talk to the people who hired us, see if they need anything more. Maybe collect some of those escape pods and keep them in a depressurized cargo hold. We can hand them over to whoever. Might also be good to move closer to the place, see if anyone is making a getaway while we're distracted.
The ground installations comns are down so you can't talk to them to find out what's going on there so instead you bring aboard the escape pods into a depressurised cargo hold.
The men inside are armed and banging on the pod but don't have any EVA suits.

We're at the planet, I assume over the ground installation. We cannot contact the ground base, as previously stated, their comms are down. When I say send a distress message, I assume that the ruling house in Galvenn owns this base?
Nope house Laberine like most houses has their own armed forces and won't need to hire you for this.
The research base is owned by a private company.

You're not long waiting when a military destroy arrives followed by a repair and recovery ship.
They quickly set to work sending shuttles down and assessing the damage.
The news is not good; a number of explosions have crippled the installation's air recycling systems and the emergency shelters have been locked down (if personel made it or not has yet to be discovered), a number of fires are burning throughout the complex and two groups of research personel with moblie oxygen supplies are exchanging gunfire in one of the corridors leading to the shuttle pads.

Spoiler: Nav computer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Firestar status (click to show/hide)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 02, 2012, 10:06:08 am »

Stick around, if anything other then military vessels leave the surface hack it and stall it out. We can't let anyone leave the scene. Capture all we can or let the military do it.

We should try and talk to the guys in the cargo hold, do they have comms? Interrogate if possible.
Can we get communications up with the shuttles on the ground? Hopefully the good guys make it into them.

Also have the fighters return.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 02, 2012, 01:38:52 pm »

Stick around, if anything other then military vessels leave the surface hack it and stall it out. We can't let anyone leave the scene. Capture all we can or let the military do it.

We should try and talk to the guys in the cargo hold, do they have comms? Interrogate if possible.
Can we get communications up with the shuttles on the ground? Hopefully the good guys make it into them.

Also have the fighters return.
The guys in the escape pods have comns but they're unwilling to talk beyond spitting insults at you.

The military forces land and in moments defuse the situation on the ground.
The personel trying to escape have been apprehened and it seems most of the people on the installation made it to the shelters safely.
After a while the client contacts you to explain what happened;
"The spy ring was deeper embeded and better equiped than they thought so when we provoked them into trying to run for it they put into action a plan they'd obviously been working on for a while. Under they guise of an aciedent they herded us into the emergency shelters where they locked us in and made for the shuttle pads. I understand you didn't have it easy yourself. You've earned your payment and a 2000 credit bonus,"

Spoiler: Nav computer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Firestar status (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 02, 2012, 02:17:47 pm »

Accept, and ask if we can help them with something else.

Also discreetly ask (sideway remark) if they haven't got any armor plates/ whatever stuff we could use lieing around.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 02, 2012, 02:22:48 pm »

Offer to transfer the prisoners to them.  If they don't want them, turn them over to the military/police.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 02, 2012, 02:26:10 pm »

What shall we do now with the job completed? I'm thinking head back to the Galvenn trade depot, stock up, get some repairs and go back to Tabien. We can reconnect with the Flarewise and head back out.

"Helios, would you like to be dropped off when we get to Galvenn? I'm curious what you thought of our incursion. You and Urist seemed to work pretty well together."
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:30:45 pm by Immortal »

Deamonpies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 02, 2012, 02:28:47 pm »

Or we could go search for those pirates.

Should be plenty of shooting and stuff to scavenge if we get in a fight. Or we could join them for piraty fun.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 02, 2012, 02:37:25 pm »

Maybe we could go fetch the Flarewise and bring it back here.  This sector seems a bit safer... for the most part
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 02, 2012, 02:39:35 pm »

We have a whole other starship in Tabien guys. Its has a ton of potential, we have a muon beam, we can mount some missiles, and then we have another warship. It can sit behind the Firestar and add support. Even if we don't do that we can add a light defense to it and have it go mining or work in the scrap field, either way we're wasting it right now..

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 02, 2012, 02:43:13 pm »

Or we could use it as a cargo ship.  Offer to hire it out to people who need lots of big stuff moved around.  Or maybe just sell it.  I bet its worth many hundred ravenhawks!

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 02, 2012, 02:45:04 pm »

Either way, I'd like to veto more missions and go get the Flarewise.
After hitting up the Galvenn station for more missiles that is..
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:46:51 pm by Immortal »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 71