Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87595 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #495 on: January 30, 2012, 09:19:53 am »

I don't think bringing this AI along is a very good idea. Way to law abiding, and not getting why we're doing it means being unlikely to do it in turn.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 30, 2012, 09:29:11 am »

"Well then Helios welcome aboard. We should be arriving soon, and yes we've seen a few good ones so far. I need to know though, if we have Urist try and duplicate the information the spy's stole, will you prevent it?"

"Urist, whats our ETA?"
"Lets be clear here I only came along because I'm curious and I don't want to get involved in anything that can come back and bite me latter. If you do copy data or do something illegal keep me out of it,"

When you ask Urist for an ETA you are an hour or two from your destination.
It's time that passes quickly as Helios bombards you with questions about the Firestar's drive system.
He's clearly fascinated by it.
Arriving to Galvenn 3 Ursit inserts the ship into orbit and with a few bursts of thrust matches rotation with the planet and achieves geostaion orbit.
The research outpost on the surface contacts you through encrypted channnels thanking you for your prompt arrival and asking if your ready to begin the operation.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 30, 2012, 01:18:24 pm »

Armok - Yea, well I didn't think Helios would be like this. Meh, we win some, we lose some.

"This is the Firestar, we're ready to go."
"Urist you know the plan. Everyone else to their places. Fire anything to block their incoming missiles, evasive manuvuers if needed."

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 30, 2012, 04:04:28 pm »

All ready.  Lets do this!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 30, 2012, 05:01:02 pm »

All ready.  Lets do this!
You signial your readiness and spend the next few hours waiting for a ship or a shuttle of some kind to launch from the surface.
It isn't long till four unsual contacts appear on your sensors and unlike most of the pirates you've seen these have transponders.
Four house Kendrith military patrol boats.
This is a house Laberine owned system and house Kendrith has no jurisdiction here.
They're moving fast and are on approch to the research station.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #500 on: January 30, 2012, 05:47:41 pm »

hmm. Report them to the people we're doing this for andif we can, move in behind them, staying far enough away to not be noticed.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Deamonpies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 30, 2012, 05:55:16 pm »

Prepare to fire missiles, in case everything starts going wrong.

Also try to get target locks on the ships without being obvious.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 30, 2012, 07:12:23 pm »

Agreed on everything, but don't fully fire those engines. They don't see us yet! If we just detected them they are a little distance out.
We are currently sitting in geosynchronous orbit, barely fire the engines, that way we aren't picked up to soon and can close distance. We want to keep our surprise. Launch the remote and knell fighters into orbit once we are up to speed. They can drift along beside us and be total ghosts. Have the fighter loaded with an interceptor.

We need more info on those boats, what kind of armaments can we see? How big are they in relation to us?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:02:39 pm by Immortal »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 30, 2012, 09:11:36 pm »

We need more info on those boats, what kind of armaments can we see? How big are they in relation to us?
Fire the stealth probe!
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 31, 2012, 06:29:54 am »

hmm. Report them to the people we're doing this for andif we can, move in behind them, staying far enough away to not be noticed.
Senosrs detect a series of explosions at the research outpost.
It's emeregency becaon is transmiting an automated distress call reporting failure of the comn, life support and power systems.
There is no response to your comunications.
It'll be impossible to get the Firestar behind them unnoticed, compared to most ships you've seen the Firestar is a massive heat generating monster and isn't very stealthy.

Prepare to fire missiles, in case everything starts going wrong.

Also try to get target locks on the ships without being obvious.
You lock on to all four ships and load missiles.

They're about a quarter of your mass each but you can't tell from this distance what armaments they have so you
Fire the stealth probe!
It crosses the distance quickly and it's sensors take in detailed information about the ships.
They have a point defense turret, offensive muon beam turret and four missile tubes each.
They're also more heavily armoured than anything you've thus far encountered (which is to say they're lightly armoured), they're flying at half thrust with their radiators extended.

Agreed on everything, but don't fully fire those engines. They don't see us yet! If we just detected them they are a little distance out.
We are currently sitting in geosynchronous orbit, barely fire the engines, that way we aren't picked up to soon and can close distance. We want to keep our surprise. Launch the remote and knell fighters into orbit once we are up to speed. They can drift along beside us and be total ghosts. Have the fighter loaded with an interceptor.
You fire the engines briefly and at speed launch your two fighters.
The Knell isn't automated and needed a human pilot, one of the crew men who has expirence flying shuttles volenteers and has managed to do alright so far.
You drift towards them.
Finialy spotting you they retract their radiators and turn in your direction.
"This is the scene of an emergency situation please leave so rescue operations can begin,"

Spoiler: Nav computer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Firestar status (click to show/hide)

Deamonpies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 31, 2012, 06:42:54 am »

Its suspicious that they arrived before any reports of the explosions had occured.

Send a message back stating that we have been hired to provide security for the installation and will assist in the evacuation of all personal and information. (We were hired by the station, just not for security)

I'm suspecting foul play here by house Kendrith, maybe to get hold of whatever was being researched by the station.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 31, 2012, 06:52:12 am »

Its suspicious that they arrived before any reports of the explosions had occured.

Send a message back stating that we have been hired to provide security for the installation and will assist in the evacuation of all personal and information. (We were hired by the station, just not for security)

I'm suspecting foul play here by house Kendrith, maybe to get hold of whatever was being researched by the station.
They respond by jaming your long range comunications and launching a total of twelve Ravenhwaks at you.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 31, 2012, 06:58:29 am »

...shit

FIRE OUR SHIT!

"BUT I'M LE TIRED!"

"Fine, go have a nap, then FIRE ZE MISSLES!"

See if we have a way to intercept the ravenhawks in midair, so they don't hit us.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Deamonpies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 31, 2012, 07:08:22 am »

Well that was sudden.

Agree with ansontan. Make them go boom.

Also try and get a record of them firing first, in case other people start asking questions.

LostCosmonaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 31, 2012, 08:48:23 am »

Use the interceptors to kill the enemy missiles, then fire three ravenhawks at each enemy ship.

How long of a range do the enemy muon turrets have? If our railguns have a better range, close in and light them up.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 71