Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87588 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #480 on: January 29, 2012, 01:01:51 pm »

We don't have to tell the clients we'll do them, except for the transportation ones. we can simply inquire to the details without promising anything, and then show up with the results and ask for payment.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 29, 2012, 06:03:19 pm »

The cargo and personnel transport are kinda out of the way. Do any of the others overlap? like are the asteroids mentioned in the runaway kid and the prospecting the same asteroids? And can we scan asteroids with the equipment we have? If RPG's have taught me anything, it is that you should always grab every quest, just in case you complete one on accident.
None of them overlap and only asteroid scanning and pirate base search can be done without accepting the contract.
Most of the details of a contract (such as the identity of the client's son and other mission critical details) are only give if you accept the contract.
Yes you do have the tech to analyse asteroid surface mineral composition.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 06:28:12 pm by Jerick »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #482 on: January 29, 2012, 06:12:57 pm »

aw. well alright then, lets go for catch a spy and/or catch a saboteur, they're both high pay and in-system.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 29, 2012, 07:32:13 pm »

I say we do the Industrial Espionage job. This one we just have to sit and wait then probably blow someone up.

To the talkative AI. "Its not a homeless shelter. AI's offer us a great advantage in battle and for those interested they have plenty of very interesting work, with plenty of downtime in between. It also gives you a chance to travel, all the same reasons a human would join us. If you want to try a single mission we are off to Galvenn 3 for a job. Should be interesting."

"Urist, please release the docking clamps and put us on course for Galvenn 3."

Deamonpies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 29, 2012, 07:42:35 pm »

We could consider using our cargoship to mine asteroids to provide raw materials for the firestarter.

It would give us cheaper upgrade materials, as well as giving us a use for the ship. (also the name immortal suggested is a good one.)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #485 on: January 29, 2012, 07:49:25 pm »

It's too late to give the cargoship directions, that'll need to wait until we get back to the other system.

Deamonpies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 29, 2012, 07:52:50 pm »

Yeah I know that, I was more suggesting it as a future plan for the cargoship.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #487 on: January 29, 2012, 07:59:19 pm »

It'd probably be better to have them search that debrsfield, we got a lot of good stuff out of there earlier.

Also, we still need to name the cargoship. Asy ideas?

Deamonpies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 29, 2012, 08:09:23 pm »

Immortal suggested Flarewise.

It gets my vote.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 29, 2012, 08:13:49 pm »

No one could agree to or suggest an action for the cargo ship and we had to get on with the Firestar's move, so Jerick has given us one action for the cargo ship when we decide it. Since we "sent" it before we jumped to Galvenn. If we are going to have that cargo ship work on its own we need to have some kind of defense installed.. which we can have done for when we return to Tabien, or we could have ordered it to make its way to Galvenn, due to the shipyard here is probably cheaper.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 29, 2012, 08:32:23 pm »

I say we do the Industrial Espionage job. This one we just have to sit and wait then probably blow someone up.

To the talkative AI. "Its not a homeless shelter. AI's offer us a great advantage in battle and for those interested they have plenty of very interesting work, with plenty of downtime in between. It also gives you a chance to travel, all the same reasons a human would join us. If you want to try a single mission we are off to Galvenn 3 for a job. Should be interesting."

"Urist, please release the docking clamps and put us on course for Galvenn 3."
When you contact the client and accept the contract they inform you of soon to be fixed blind spot in the outposts sensors.
They want you to wait there so the spy doesn't see you till they're already in orbit.
They also want the spy captured alive if possible and will pay a bonus for this (1250 credits)

"I thought humans joined you because you paid them a salary? Most AIs aren't known for putting their lives on the line simply becuase they're bored. But you know what; I'm curious how you guys operate now, what it is that makes you tick and what it is you're really after and I have an abunence of free time right now so I'll take you up on that offer if only because I'm curious"

You undock and make for Galvenn 3.
The constant docking and undocking of ships is a far cry from Tabien's lonely station.
Ships circle in a holding pattern as you leave them behind.
The AI you picked up on the station introduces himself:
"I'm Helios by the way but for some reasons humans always call me Bill which I guess is fine, What is it we're going to be doing?"

(Cargo ship naming:
Flarewise:2 votes)

Spoiler: Nav computer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Firestar status (click to show/hide)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 29, 2012, 09:10:28 pm »

"I'll call you Helios if thats your preference and we are going to Galvenn III. We're going to lay a trap for an industrial spy whos apparently stole from the research facility. Are you comfortable trying to hack the enemies ship, along with Urist? We want this spy alive and I hope we can keep our missiles and just put his ship dead in the water.
Yes we pay humans, but why don't they get a job on a non-mercenary boat? They like the challenge, the excitement! We just found this boat drifting. We could have sold it, split the profit between the few of us and been rich, but we're here.."

"Urist, can you show Helios around? See if our new friend likes a challenge, give a tour of our already great systems. Maybe you two can get some better encryption between missiles or remote fighters? Oh and Urist we're going to be needing you crucially on this job, were hoping to hack the spy's ship and kill all his systems but life-support."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 11:57:51 pm by Immortal »

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 30, 2012, 03:01:22 am »

A new AI buddy  :) I'd be happy to show him around.

The cargo ship does need a name, and Flarewise is as good as any.  Its got my vote too.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 30, 2012, 05:28:38 am »

"I'll call you Helios if thats your preference and we are going to Galvenn III. We're going to lay a trap for an industrial spy whos apparently stole from the research facility. Are you comfortable trying to hack the enemies ship, along with Urist? We want this spy alive and I hope we can keep our missiles and just put his ship dead in the water.
Yes we pay humans, but why don't they get a job on a non-mercenary boat? They like the challenge, the excitement! We just found this boat drifting. We could have sold it, split the profit between the few of us and been rich, but we're here.."
"Just so you know I won't do anything illegal for you guys but if you just want me to bring a ship with a fleeing target to a stop to a halt I'm fine with that. It also means there won't be a mistake where we blow up the wrong ship. Excitement, that implies you see a lot of action. Been in many scraps then?"

"Urist, can you show Helios around? See if our new friend likes a challenge, give a tour of our already great systems. Maybe you two can get some better encryption between missiles or remote fighters? Oh and Urist we're going to be needing you crucially on this job, were hoping to hack the spy's ship and kill all his systems but life-support."
"Your ships systems are unlike anything I've ever seen before and this AI interaction module tailor made for Urist. All the ships I've seen had an operating system designed for it but this is something completely different. You've been building this ship's computer systems yourselves haven't you? Are you sure you want someone who's just coming along for one mission to work on your encryption software? Because that to me seems like a big security vunerablity. Currently your computer systems are surprisingly secure against intrusion, mostly because no one excepts a system like this and no one has spent time finding the secruity vunerabilities,"

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 30, 2012, 08:58:56 am »

"Well then Helios welcome aboard. We should be arriving soon, and yes we've seen a few good ones so far. I need to know though, if we have Urist try and duplicate the information the spy's stole, will you prevent it?"

"Urist, whats our ETA?"
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 71