Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87499 times)

Deamonpies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #330 on: January 17, 2012, 06:15:58 am »

A doctor would probably be helpful seeing as how in our first few misisons we got people injured. What do other epople think?

As for normal crewmen, how many does the ship have room for?

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 17, 2012, 06:23:46 am »

It has quarters for about a hundred but you can squash as many as you like aboard (though the further past a hundred you go the bigger the morale penalties become)

Spoiler: Nav computer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Firestar status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cargo Vessel (click to show/hide)

Deamonpies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 17, 2012, 07:29:53 am »

Then I suggest hiring a doctor and getting him some medical supplies so we have a medical bay on board.

then hiring about 20 extra crew members to keep the ship going.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 17, 2012, 08:17:04 am »

I suggest we just get the doctor and a bunch of spacers for now.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #334 on: January 17, 2012, 08:25:22 am »

Hello Opportunity! Armok, see if you can trace the person responsible for hacking the ship database. I bet they were looking for data on us!

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 17, 2012, 09:22:05 am »

Then I suggest hiring a doctor and getting him some medical supplies so we have a medical bay on board.

then hiring about 20 extra crew members to keep the ship going.
Well you have enough medical supplies on the cargoship to run a full functioning medbay(yes I forgot to inculde them till now)

Anyway you hire the crew this costs 350 credits in total (you'll have to pay them again in seven days time, except for the doctor with whom you'll have to renegotiate his contract in 28 days if he lives that long)

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 17, 2012, 03:57:23 pm »

Are there any AIs looking for work?
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 17, 2012, 05:11:46 pm »

There is only one AI on the entire station but it's running on a rented computer and would jump at any chance to leave this backwater system.
For 20 credits a week and free CPU time the AI agrees to working on your ship.
Will you take it?

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 17, 2012, 05:31:40 pm »

Yes we will take the AI, have him begin work on the Armok Modular System! Call up the crew on the cargo ship, see if we have some good computers to hook up somewhere in the cargo. So yes, until we get back, have them fixing things and someone hunting through the cargo hold.

Jerick I assume our actions/arguments affect the others and morale of the crew since we represent characters or some extent of that?
We can hold off on drastic measures but lets atleast go ask the security and surrounding stationers if they have seen anyone come and go from that ship. That will have to wait though the crew on the Cargo ship is going to starve, they have food left for a day..

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 17, 2012, 05:57:27 pm »

Yes.  Hire the AI.  Specifically see if he can improve our handling algorithms.  He probably doesn't have access to any warship thruster control code, but maybe he can tweak the stuff we already have in place.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 17, 2012, 06:56:17 pm »

We could have our resident hacker try to trace the deactivated drone's comm unit back to its master.  There was a bonus offered for finding him, right?

Also, could I play as an AI?  Have aliens been discovered, or is it just humans?
Still want to play as an AI?
If so you quickly set to work on improving the thruster code.
The mangled shuttle code is a mess so instead you code something fresh that works a lot better and is built from the ground up to work with Armok framework.
It suits the Firestar far better than the older thruster code did.

(The benifts of an AI: an AI can act as an advanced version of any piece of software, for instance it can be a missile guidence system one moment and then switch to manualy controling the the thrusters and so on. It can also process data from all your sensors simulatenously and are normaly excellent hackers and programers)

Yes we will take the AI, have him begin work on the Armok Modular System! Call up the crew on the cargo ship, see if we have some good computers to hook up somewhere in the cargo. So yes, until we get back, have them fixing things and someone hunting through the cargo hold.

We can hold off on drastic measures but lets atleast go ask the security and surrounding stationers if they have seen anyone come and go from that ship. That will have to wait though the crew on the Cargo ship is going to starve, they have food left for a day..
There are a number of computers to work with, most are simple control terminals but there are a number of main frame components plus the parts needed to assemble and network them.
The crewman hunting around the cargo bay has found more hidy holes containing unidentified cases hidden in the crates and in the cargo bay itself.
They pack them with the ones Armok found earlier.
The ship is unloading currently and there are dock hands scurring about bringing it's cargo to the customs area.
You attempt to ask the stationers and security about the ship and are instead asked to leave the area as to avoid disruption to the unloading efforts.
I feel i should mention before you undock the Firestar and rush back to the cargo ship that the LR cargo shuttle can make the round trip in a day and half.

Jerick I assume our actions/arguments affect the others and morale of the crew since we represent characters or some extent of that?
Yes since you all represent crewmembers when you argue it does have an effect.
But these are hardened spacers we're talking about, a little heated discussion isn't going to bother them.
However if a flame war ever was to break out in this thread it'd mean a loss in morale as crewmembers yell at each in the corridors of the Firestar.
So yeah how you guys interact determine how the crew interacts.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 17, 2012, 09:18:52 pm »

Still want to play as an AI?
Sure.  Although I'm not sure what effect playing as a specific character has, since we can all make suggestions anyway.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 18, 2012, 07:48:23 am »

Oh, well have the crew of the cargo ship make there way here. We should have one of the crew watch the unloading process of the drone hacker ship. Just stay back and observe..

Have the AI continue to just build us and OS. It should just works its way through all systems.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #343 on: January 18, 2012, 08:11:48 am »

Once it's done with that consider having it look at those mysterious cases and corrupted software that was on the cargoship.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 18, 2012, 09:58:55 am »

Sure.  Although I'm not sure what effect playing as a specific character has, since we can all make suggestions anyway.
Well for a start it gives you veto powers over what that character is doing.
If you where to post actions for your character those actions would be considered a higher prioritity but will still accept suggestions from other players so long as they're something your character might do.

Oh, well have the crew of the cargo ship make there way here. We should have one of the crew watch the unloading process of the drone hacker ship. Just stay back and observe..

Have the AI continue to just build us and OS. It should just works its way through all systems.
Are you sure you want to leave the cargo ship without crewmen?
The crewmember watching the unloading process catches some strange looks but himself doesn't see much beyond sealed crates being steadily  moved.
The AI doesn't know much about jump calculations and can't help much there but it can improve system control considerably.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 71