Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87256 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2011, 03:08:25 pm »

What do you mean by contacts, and are they moving towards us or away from us?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2011, 03:16:35 pm »

What do you mean by contacts, and are they moving towards us or away from us?
Sensor contacts are objects on sensor that seem annomlous somehow, anything that doesn't match with what is expected to be there is registered as a sensor contact.
Currently they are moving around the Cresent Dawn and the Cresent Dawn is moving away from you.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2011, 03:50:21 pm »

I suggest we close the gap till we can hail the captain and see his response. Have the weapons ready. And holy crap I just realized we only bought three shots.. this will be interesting..

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2011, 03:54:40 pm »

We weren't planning to shoot anything with the missiles, we have the railguns to blow stuff up.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2011, 04:06:58 pm »

Oops I see, just read back and saw the "plenty of scrap" comment for the rail guns.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2011, 04:49:50 pm »

I suggest we close the gap till we can hail the captain and see his response. Have the weapons ready. And holy crap I just realized we only bought three shots.. this will be interesting..

Drawing closer to the ship any attempt to hail is meet with silence.
The other contacts are mostly smaller vessels though there is one a noticeably larger than the others.
The smaller craft are breaking off from the Cresent Dawn and heading your way, while the larger unidentified vessel is hailing you.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2011, 04:55:48 pm »

Take the Call
Try to find out how big these ships are. Don't like let them come within firing range.
First shot=warning shot.Then shoot sharp.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2011, 05:12:48 pm »

Agreed! Fire the rail gun for warning. Order them to keep back or we wont miss next time.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2011, 06:27:09 pm »

Take the Call
Try to find out how big these ships are. Don't like let them come within firing range.
First shot=warning shot.Then shoot sharp.

As they get closer the sensor readings get clearer.
They have two fighter wings of five fighters each, nine shuttles, six weilding frames (these are small ships designed for external repair nicknamed "boxes") and one heavily modified medium cargo vessel.

"Ah you, Our spotter told us some mercaniares would be here looking for our catch soon. Tell you what soldier boys, turn around now and head back the way you came and we won't kill the crew of this ship, soud good?"

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2011, 06:39:06 pm »

What, do I look like I'm holding a megaphone? Do I look like the FBI to you? I don't negotiate with f**king terrorists.

Deploy the flak drone and blow some fighters out of space.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2011, 07:18:37 pm »

Which is the dominant military force in this system, and how well would our characters expect we could pass ourselves off as them?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar(Combat Intiated)
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2011, 08:57:19 pm »

Which is the dominant military force in this system, and how well would our characters expect we could pass ourselves off as them?
This is in the Collective of Imperial Worlds and works off a fedual system allowing nobles to police their own territory.
The dominant military force in this system are the forces of the local noble house which you are very clearly not.
For a start you don't have an active transponder unlike every legitimate military vessel in existance; the firestar is a very unusal make and not the type of ship the local forces use; the firestar currently looks very well maintained and the local forces are what you'd call pissed on remanants; your colour scheme is unlike any colour scheme used by offical vessels that you know of.

What, do I look like I'm holding a megaphone? Do I look like the FBI to you? I don't negotiate with f**king terrorists.

Deploy the flak drone and blow some fighters out of space.
As you snarl your response to the hostage taker the group of smaller ships pass into the effective range of your railguns.
The warning shot blasts past them, shattering a comet behind them.
They spread out and accelerate going for the Firestar's flanks.
But since the ship is built around the railguns, retargeting with them means moving the entire ship and facing the target.
Luckly the Firestar has surprising turning speed.
Turning the entire ship faster than it should be possible for a ship of your size to turn you fire the railguns again this time taking out two of the enemy shuttles.
Your point defence guns wind up and fire bright beams at the enemy as they try to get in close to the Firestar.
Several fighters are hit, their exploding as the beams melted through their hulls.
In return enemy fire pounds on the hull of the Firestar breaching the weak armor at several points.
As the fighters distract your turrets the weilding frames swoop in aiming to try and cut a way in for the boarders on the shuttles.
The flak drone intercepts them taking them by surprise as it flies up from below them, it's cannon flashing in the silence of space.

"You don't want to negotiate? FINE BY ME! It just means another ship to sell!"

The modified cargo vessel is turning towards you.
Cables run the short distance between it and the Cresent Dawn.
And slowly the ship speeds up as it drags the Cresent Dawn with it.

Spoiler: Nav computer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: status (click to show/hide)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2011, 09:49:21 pm »

Now that the ship is closer, can we get a more detailed scan of the thing? And might it be possible to run our scan data through some sort of futuristic TinEye to find out what it is exactly so we can search for information about its weaknesses?

Also, why isn't the Crescent Dawn firing on this ship? (I don't expect you to answer this, it's just a though that came to my mind.)
Glory to Arstotzka!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2011, 04:25:09 am »

How many fighters, shuttles and auto repair drones are there left?
Anyway, target the shuttles but stay out of range of the modified cargo ship. It's towing a container ship so it shouldn't be going to fast.
IF any ship manages to latch on to our ship, turn around quickly around our own axis. The centrigunal forces should tear it loose.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2011, 08:01:27 am »

Now that the ship is closer, can we get a more detailed scan of the thing? And might it be possible to run our scan data through some sort of futuristic TinEye to find out what it is exactly so we can search for information about its weaknesses?

Also, why isn't the Crescent Dawn firing on this ship? (I don't expect you to answer this, it's just a though that came to my mind.)
It's a heavily modified cargo vessel, there's no way to tell what has been changed internaly by looking at the outside.
But externaly there have been haphazard additions to the hull allowing more turrets than standard, the support and power systems for these extra turrets are exposed to the void of space.
The cargo bay doors have been significantly altered to what purpose you don't know.
It has about four heavy cannon offensive turrets and two point defense turrets.
Unfortunatly no such thing as TinEye or a TinEye equivilant not that it would help much as the apperance of this ship likely changes as they add more to it.
But looking at the sensor readings it would seem to have little or no armor.

How many fighters, shuttles and auto repair drones are there left?
Anyway, target the shuttles but stay out of range of the modified cargo ship. It's towing a container ship so it shouldn't be going to fast.
IF any ship manages to latch on to our ship, turn around quickly around our own axis. The centrigunal forces should tear it loose.

6 fighters, 7 shuttles, 4 weilding frames(which are actualy manned, the nickname comes from the tiny cramped cockpit)
The shuttles are currently staying out of range of the point defense turrets and staying clear of the firing line of your main gun.
Despite the Firestar's impressive manuverability the shuttles are still more manuverable and you can't get a bead on them with the railguns.

The point defense guns find their mark as they bring down fighter after fighter driving off the survivors.
Your guns then focus on the welding frames melting one down to slag.
Without fighter cover the welding frames pull out to regroup with the surviving fighters and shuttles.
Sharpnel fired by the drone rips through them as they fall back, three more welding frames burn up.

The modfied cargo ship is slow to accelerate but it's picking up speed and getting closer.

Currently left are 2 fighters, 7 shuttles, no welding frames (you guys rolled really well this round while they didn't get above a 4 on three rolls of a d20)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 08:15:43 am by Jerick »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 71