Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87246 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2011, 07:16:50 am »

*rogue, not rouge. It's a common mispelling.

I say we hunt down that ship captain, He sounds like exactly the kind of job we need.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2011, 07:47:55 am »

*rogue, not rouge. It's a common mispelling.

I say we hunt down that ship captain, He sounds like exactly the kind of job we need.
Yeah I know I spotted imediatly after I posted and then my internet went down.
Though you should see some of the errors I tend to make, it's pretty common for me to leave out whole words or phrases from a sentence.

Anyway the client of that job would like the ship and it's cargo returned unharmed but it is by no means esstiential what is important is that the captain is dealt with.
Bringing back the captain alive, the ship or it's cargo will all net you a bonus but so long as you reslove the situation in the next three weeks you'll be paid 1250 credits (the three bonues are 500 each)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2011, 08:34:16 am »

So you're going to try to bluff him into surrendring. (No ammo onboard)
Do we have scrap for the railguns ?

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2011, 08:36:48 am »

And I has my assault rifle.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2011, 08:41:20 am »

He has 900 ton cargo vessel, which probably won't be undefended. And maybe the guys he's dealing with have guns to.

Inquire about the cargo vessels cargo, defenses and the local pirates/mafia/black market sector.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2011, 09:17:16 am »

So you're going to try to bluff him into surrendring. (No ammo onboard)
Do we have scrap for the railguns ?

Yes plenty and the scrapyard represents an unlimited free supply if you ever need more.
He has 900 ton cargo vessel, which probably won't be undefended. And maybe the guys he's dealing with have guns to.

Inquire about the cargo vessels cargo, defenses and the local pirates/mafia/black market sector.

The vessel in question is called "the Cresent Dawn"
The majority of cargo aboard was primarily cheap electronic devces (dishwashers, information storage devices that sort of thing) but there is a lot of it and it will be expensive to replace it all.
The target vessel has two defensive turrets, both are tripple barreled six inch repeater cannons.
They're mounted on the top and bottom of the midsection of the ship and have a slow turning speed.
The Cresent Dawn was supposed to pick up a squad of private secruity soldiers to defend from boarders but they were left sitting at port.

The local pirates usualy (but not always) prefer to surprise ships and board them in shuttles and smaller vessels as primarily they make most of their money selling the captured ship rather than the cargo.
Many merchaniaries groups use cargo ships modified to work as small carriers and fly escourt ready to launch fighter wings if and when pirates appear.
Other merchaniary groups use converted mining craft as capital vessels and some pirates have taken to doing this as well.
All black market deals are conducted across a peer to peer encrypted network but no one on the local black market is offering to sell several hundred tons of electronics.

If you take the job the client will supply with the Cresent Dawn's transponder codes and senosor images of it's engine exhaust profile (unquie to each ship and in space takes ages to dissapate).

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2011, 01:35:40 pm »

The cargo freighter sounds like an inside job to me, could get messy quickly. I say we pass.

What are the details on the fragile cargo job? Part of me REALLY hopes the cargo was dinosaurs.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2011, 02:05:47 pm »

The cargo freighter sounds like an inside job to me, could get messy quickly. I say we pass.

What are the details on the fragile cargo job? Part of me REALLY hopes the cargo was dinosaurs.
The cargo is in a secure, hardened crate with an in built beacon making it easy to locate if you get close to it.
The client sucipously refuses to comment on the contents of the crate beyond saying that they're certain it hasn't been opened yet and that they don't want it opened under any circumstance.
They're offering 1535 credits for bringing the crate back unharmed and unopened and are offering a 900 bonus for annilating the pirate group that stole it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2011, 02:09:03 pm »

Since we're gathering information here.

What are those automated drones in the scrapyard? Who do they belong to?  Do we have to destroy them or can we just hack them/ lure them to some other place? Are they armed? What are we paid?

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2011, 02:20:40 pm »

Sell that flak turret, buy a ton of shells and lets go hunt a rogue captain! Other jobs will still be waiting when we get back.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2011, 03:06:27 pm »

Since we're gathering information here.

What are those automated drones in the scrapyard? Who do they belong to?  Do we have to destroy them or can we just hack them/ lure them to some other place? Are they armed? What are we paid?
They're old gun drones made from modifed seeker mines, usualy equiped with 15mm gattaling guns.
When they run out of their limited ammo they go kamikaze, fly into the biggest enemy ship around and explode.
A lot of strange stuff has been abandoned in the scrapyard but usualy anything that is abandoned there is deactivated first.
These drones were remotely reactived by a hacker as some sort of twisted prank, four people are dead as a result.
The client is offering a bounty of 50 credits per drone you destroy (and yes the client was instant about destroying them he doesn't want a repeat incident) and an unspecified generous reward for finding the hacker responsible.

buy a ton of shells and lets go hunt a rogue captain!
Well as it stands you can buy 31 shells which might be enough for a single engagement but that'll completely drain your credits without selling your turret.

Other jobs will still be waiting when we get back.
Not nessicarily...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2011, 03:33:38 pm »

Are there any missiles availble at the dock? Even if it's just a single,weak missile we can use it as a warning shot and let the target think this warship is fully armed and operational.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2011, 04:34:39 pm »

Are there any missiles availble at the dock? Even if it's just a single,weak missile we can use it as a warning shot and let the target think this warship is fully armed and operational.
Missiles are classified as offensive weapons and offensive weapons are ilegal without the premits for them.
But where legal alternatives fail the black market provides:

• Gilber: Large Payload dumb fire; 35 credits each, 8 available.
  • Ravenhawk: Medium Payload, agile, heat seaking long range; 65 credits each, 3 available.
  • Blinder: Sensor chaff, fast, slow to turn guided; 65 credits each, 2 available
  • Cluster: 5xInterceptor missile cluster, slow, guided; 136 credits each, 5 available
  • Driller Nuke: Nuclear Payload, guided, long range, bores through armor; 1803 credits each, 1 available
  • Interceptor: Very small payload, very small size, extreamly fast, very agile, target seeker; 15 credits, 25 available
  • Tether Anchor: No payload, very short range, guided, attaches line; 20 credits, 6 available
  • Hammer: Large Payload, short range, guided; 65 credits, 3 available
A word of warning though prices of smuggled goods tends to be pretty inflated
Also the station is fairly backwater and it's smugglers don't have access to some of the more exotic missiles and weaponry that's out there.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2011, 12:56:22 pm »

Bump

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2011, 01:22:19 pm »

NAME: Dylan Sorbo
ITEMS: Stylish Green Cloak
Neural Whip

What kind of adventurer are you, avoiding a job because it might get dangerous?  :P But seriously, there are even more unknowns to the fragile cargo job. At least with the freighter job, we can have a backup plan in place in case things don't go smooth.

So we should get two Interceptors to use as warning shots to make him think we have plenty of missiles to spare.

As a back-up plan, we'll get a Blinder, and, if they don't surrender after our warning shots, we'll deploy it and simultaneously send out our shuttle to infiltrate their ship, then back off to make it look like we retreated.

Just so you know there are also laws agaisnt giving AIs mechanical bodies but since you guys plan on becoming pirates anyway I don't see how that'd stop you.
Once we get some money, we could head over to Space Japan or whatever to get our AI friend a very human-looking mechanical body.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 71