Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87216 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #975 on: April 09, 2012, 02:32:19 pm »

Get systems back in our control, and perform a jump out of the system.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 09, 2012, 02:35:30 pm »

OOC: "Weapons free" doesn't just mean that you can fire if you feel like it, it is an order to fire when ready.  Julius just ordered all units under his command to fire on the Firestar.

They probably just haven't shot yet either because they're not in range, or the GM wanted to give us a chance to react first.

Quote from: Dictionary
Weapons Free: a weapon control order imposing a status whereby weapons systems may be fired at any target not positively recognized as friendly.

Hm. Sounds like the Firestar, and anyone aboard, is thoroughly frakked if somebody can't get through to Julius before those destroyers open up. I'm quite glad I'm in the shuttle.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:53:07 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 09, 2012, 04:17:52 pm »

OOC: Is someone going to at least TRY to save the Firestar?  Take evasive action?  Arm interceptors?  Return fire?  Run away?  Something??  That ship is kind of important to this whole game...
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 09, 2012, 04:30:02 pm »

OOC: Is someone going to at least TRY to save the Firestar?  Take evasive action?  Arm interceptors?  Return fire?  Run away?  Something??  That ship is kind of important to this whole game...

I would if I were on the ship.

But for now, diplomancy will have to do for me. Although you could help. You are, after all, the one who instigated this.

Also, put the_unsung_war.mp3 on the shuttle's internal sound system.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:36:28 pm by PyroDesu »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 09, 2012, 05:58:46 pm »

"Remaining crewmen aboard the Firestar, this is Zack and I am now taking over as the captain of this ship for the time being, everyone to your stations! I want point defense online, and prepared to take out incoming missiles, interceptors launch and take up positions where the asteroids cover you from enemy fire, and follow around the Firestar in defensive formation. Prepare missile tubes one through one-hundred and fifty for long range bombardment, and all drones are to be launched. This is not a time to dawdle this is life or death so move your asses!" Zack said and then wiped beads of sweat from his forehead as he sat down in the captain's chair on the bridge.

Follow above orders

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 09, 2012, 06:30:11 pm »

Zack and I are trying to salvage the situation.
We still have crew here and the Flarewise is also ready.

Upon hearing the order to fire and Zacks speech Scott begins shouting directives with Zack beside him.
"Listen up if you want to survive! Alright heres the exact plan men. We can not jump, that AI genocide virus is aboard and it can't be let out. We have to fight this since Julius is obviously pissed."

"Urist please kindly fuck up their destroyers, mostly point defense and targeting systems."

"All crew, man the battle stations! Once those destroyers are in range they will be firing and getting fired at by their own weapons platforms. All power to point defense! Fire more interceptors then needed, do not let any of our ships get hit! Most talented person take the helm, evasive maneuvers! Once those destroyers are in range and we have our window we will need to act fast. When that window opens fire two nukes and I want interceptors flying along side them for counter-counter-missiles. Along side that 41 Gibers, 70 Hawks, Both Hammers and 70 Interceptors immediately. Fire more as they are making their way to the enemy. Hit all missiles incoming with ours and do not get hit! We will have a split second while they are dealing with their platforms. Fighters in position at the platforms! Make your move once their in the trap. Open fire the rail guns and cannons once those destroyer come in range! Do not hold back people!"

"Continue a strategic holding of distance to them, keep the bow to the destroyers and make sure they have to go between their own platforms before they can fire. We need to draw them in. They can only fire those missiles"

"Flarewise, open up with lasers when we do. Main priority is taking out incoming missiles with those lasers. Secondary is firing on them. Launch all fighters immediately!"

OOC: Well this may be the last of us.. Good run guys, hopefully we pull through. I went overkill with defense and offense, we will be out of missiles after this..
Also sorry zack, I wanted to clarify and go overkill on this.
Edit: Weird formatting.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 06:32:50 pm by Immortal »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 09, 2012, 06:47:05 pm »

Arjen sighs quite audibly when he hears the orders being given by Zack and Scott, then shuts off his comms channel to them, knowing anything he could say would not sway them from their course.

He then tosses Anderson away from the shuttle's controls, and starts to swing the shuttle around to face the Firestar, approximately where the reactor is, and where the thinnest armor separates it from space.

"Julius, you'll soon see that I mean what I say."
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:05:29 pm by PyroDesu »

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 09, 2012, 08:25:49 pm »

"Fuck."
*Anderson gets on the comms and broadcasts a message for everyone in the system to hear.*
"THE PEOPLE WHO HIRED US WERE HOUSE LABERINE OFFICIALS AND SENT US HERE, SAYING IT WAS A HOUSE TREVIAN OUTPOST."
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 09, 2012, 08:30:54 pm »

"Fuck."
*Anderson gets on the comms and broadcasts a message for everyone in the system to hear.*
"THE PEOPLE WHO HIRED US WERE HOUSE LABERINE OFFICIALS AND SENT US HERE, SAYING IT WAS A HOUSE TREVIAN OUTPOST."

"Anderson, it is of no use. Save your breath or put on an EVA suit and save your life. I doubt you'd want to go out as I am about to, so get out of the shuttle if you value your life above the lives of others."

Arjen begins to accelerate the shuttle towards where the Firestar's reactor is, on a collision course, and opens comms with the Firestar one last time, over it's PA system (OOC: Or equivalent), still maintaining comms with Julius.

"All crew aboard the Firestar: Hear me now, for I will only say this once. There has been enough bloodshed today. Stand down, and let there be no more. If you refuse, then I will have no choice than to make sure you cannot kill anymore people today, by destroying the Firestar's reactor core.

Julius, hear me now: I have wanted none of this. But if I have to put my body in front of my friends committing even more bloodshed today, even if such requires their sacrifice as well, so be it. But I do not want any more innocent lives destroyed for a meaningless venture.

To all of you listening to this communication: Stop. Just stop and think of what you are doing. And if you don't, if you continue down this path of mutually assured destruction, I will put an end to it. I will sacrifice the people who are my friends, if only to preserve a larger number of people who do not deserve to die. You have until this shuttle gets within 50 meters of the Firestar to lay down your arms, or the decision is done."

Arjen puts on an EVA suit that was left in the shuttle from when it was being used to scavenge, in preparation to depart the shuttle once it gets to 50 meters from the Firestar.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 09:29:44 pm by PyroDesu »

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 09, 2012, 08:32:00 pm »

"Oh shi-"

*Anderson dissapears into a life pod, that goes into deep space.*
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 09, 2012, 09:23:18 pm »

Scott speaks into the comm,"I hear you Arjen, but we will not fire until they fire on us. I've been saying this the whole fucking time! There is no reason to attack us. You'll be killing your friends! Convince them to stand down and talk it out with us and there will be no more bloodshed. Do not raise arms against your crew mates!"

Scott speaks to the bridge,"Someone keep a missile tracking Arjen.. for the love of god though, do not fire unless he is in clear range of our engines."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 09, 2012, 09:40:08 pm »

Arjen opens a channel to Scott direct, and puts all others in receive-only mode.

"Quiet. You really think I'm serious? Are you nuts? I know that this shuttle wouldn't be able to breach the reactor core, especially if it only starts accelerating at 50 meters. Just be quiet and you will see this played out. Even if I do end up ramming the Firestar, it would only damage the armor, I'm sure. And for the sake of all of us, power down all but the point defense, to help me solve this! And it wouldn't hurt if you tried to convince Urist to come clean about what he did.

You got that? Trust me, I've known Julius for a long time, what I'm doing is the right thing here, just play along!"
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 09:42:47 pm by PyroDesu »

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 09, 2012, 09:44:54 pm »

Scott responds. "You think we should give up Urist, an AI, who is only attempting to defend his whole race? I believe the Firestar can handle these destroyers though.. if you were to stop on board and take this nuke though it would turn the tide of this battle. The people at this outpost knew they were planning genocide and we can not ignore that.

I would power down the tubes and everything else but we need counter missiles to survive this.."
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 09:47:15 pm by Immortal »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 09, 2012, 09:49:02 pm »

"I would much prefer a non-violent solution so that we can figure everything out LATER.

We can't confirm Urist's word about any kind of anti-AI yet, but we'll sure as hell be trying later when this is over.

Also, Urist is an AI. Make a copy of him to give up, so we keep him but the situation quickly defuses."
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 09:50:38 pm by PyroDesu »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 09, 2012, 09:54:45 pm »

"Scott we should do as he says, all crew members shut off power to everything but the essentials, and point defense. Actually even better we are going dark cut off all power except that to point defense, targeting systems, and reduce life support to minimum."
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 71