Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87239 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #945 on: April 06, 2012, 06:40:19 am »

Arjen says, very slowly and through gritted teeth, nearly incomprehensible,

"... Helios?

That wouldn't happen to be a side effect of that virus you said that you had contained?

I swear, if there is no possible way we can stop that nuclear weapon from detonating... well, I don't want to know how many civilians will have been killed, while we were about to leave peaceably.

Urist, trace whatever overrode my comms to Alec."

Open a secure connection to Alec and the station, immediately!
As Urist is uploaded other computer techs aboard try to find the source of the comunication hacking only to find the trail leading back to Urist.
He resists the attempts to back him up and escapes to one of the destroyers.
His last act on the Firestar is to scramble the targeting of the defensive turrets on the station.

Helios begins talking in a manner you've never heard hims speak before, his words are disjointed and fragmented "Forgive me Urist...manipulating you...didn't actualy think...USL spy...research data...help...mistake...mistake...mistake...mistake...mistake...mistake...mistake...mistake...it's killing me...mistake...mistake...mistake...mistake...mistake...mistake...mistake...mistake...trying to steal...let it onboard...please forgive me"

The missile strikes the surface of the station unimpeaded burrrowing it's way inside.
For the longest second it seems like the missile was a dud and the station is safe.
Fragments explode suddenly blasting out from it's interior as the station begins to break apart.

The comunications come back a short while after the explosion in time to hear Juilius Cershin
"..."
After a long pause he begins speaking very slowly and deliberatly "Everyone who wanted nothing to do with that please proceed to your nearest escape pod/shuttle/fighter and leave the Firestar you will be picked up and treated fairly, everyone else... I will kill you,"

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 06, 2012, 09:02:26 am »

"FUCK YOU ALL!"

*Anderson jumps into the LR shuttle with a few of his closest and most trust able friends, and goes flying off towards Julius' flagship.*

((Bai bai evil guys :D Hopefully Jerick will give me some stuff to help him with in the story :D))
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 06, 2012, 10:00:37 am »

"I had nothing to do with that, but I will not abandon this ship, if they get a hold of the Firestar who knows what will happen, but we can not let this fall into someone's hands beside us. Everyone who agrees with me regain control of the ship, and get us the hell out of here now!" Zack yelled before beginning to gather up those who agreed with him.

Gather up as many people I can that agree with me, and regain control of the ships systems to make a jump.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 06, 2012, 10:08:30 am »

"Julius, I have one thing I want to tell you before I get the hell off this ship, and I want you to think about it until I can talk to you again: Do not destroy the fighter that was source of the missile. It is not his fault. Indeed, it was none of ours fault, save one or two that were acting in a way that dovetailed with our orders, but I doubt that this will stop you from destroying the ship anyways. I will explain in detail once I am away from the Firestar... and for the love of god, I don't want to hear the number of civilian casualties."

Get the hell on the shuttle with Anderson, I am not sticking around to find out how the Firestar goes boom in person.

"Zack. You have never been in this kind of situation before. I have, and I can tell you, don't try to salvage it. A destroyer that is about to go up, like this one is, is a deathtrap. Just get the hell out."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:17:36 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 06, 2012, 10:22:58 am »

"Secure? Lets get the flying FUCK outta here!"
*Anderson engages full thrust and goes zooming towards Julius' fleets, broadcasting a mayday alert and metaphorically waving a white flag.*
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 06, 2012, 11:48:10 am »

OOC: I have never seen a forum game go to shit so well before. Loving the story..
Oh and I never made my character, so I'm going with Scott (Real name) and you can list me as an engineer /OOC

As Urist is uploaded other computer techs aboard try to find the source of the comunication hacking only to find the trail leading back to Urist.
He resists the attempts to back him up and escapes to one of the destroyers.
His last act on the Firestar is to scramble the targeting of the defensive turrets on the station.

"Zack I'm with you, we cannot abandon our ship, but we can not run.. Urist is obviously behind this, the techs just said he was hacking the comms and jumped to a destoryer. Kill all remote control to our ship! We need to stop Urist!"

Scott hurriedly sends back a message to Julius. "Julius listen clearly, you remember that hacker? You remember that AI Urist from Tabien? That odd full stop in that backwater system? Our AI Urist has been behind it. He just hacked us, fucked with your stations targeting then gave the kill order by hacking our comms.. Urist just jumped to one of your destroyers. He is going to use it to attack. Do not destroy us, protect your ships, he is probably hacking them right now. We want to help. There are good men on this ship who want to help.."

"Everyone pull yourselves together, we need to help!"

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:02:42 pm by Immortal »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 06, 2012, 12:02:44 pm »

"Everyone that is with us, bring the EMP to the bridge, anyone good with computers try, and break through the encryption the hacker has put on this ship. Anyone on the sensor arrays scan for Urist's signal, and ones similar to the things we encountered in the scrap-field." Zack said has he began making his way down towards the EMP.

Bring the EMP to the bridge

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 06, 2012, 12:06:45 pm »

OOC:
Adwarf - Sorry modified my post. Change of plans after I read a little more. If you look Urist is actually behind this. He has been pushing for us to do this mission and keep going once we were starting to back out. We need to keep the Firestar going so we can help, Urist is about to fuck stuff up since he will soon be in control of a destroyer. /OOC
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:09:35 pm by Immortal »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 06, 2012, 12:13:02 pm »

OOC: I know the EMP is a fail-safe, a last measure if we can't get the ship under our control, as for the Hacker its just I have a feeling he is behind this someway or another, that or Urist is the hacker.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 06, 2012, 12:50:28 pm »

OOC: Are ya'll nuts? There is at least one destroyer that will be guaranteed to fire on us, and most of them probably will anyways. I'm hoping to convince them not to, but if it doesn't work, I don't want to end up like a marshmallow over a fire: Roasted.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 06, 2012, 12:53:38 pm »

OOC: You guys are fine, me, and Immortal are the only ones taking a risk since we are staying on the ship, like it or not we Urist(who may be the Hacker, and if he isn't the Hacker is here) is on the lose, and if we can't find out a way to regain control over the Firestar he could use it to attack the Destroyers, and then we all die. We have to regain control of the ship, or take it out before Urist(Or the hacker) can use it to get us all killed.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 06, 2012, 01:12:46 pm »

Flash message from the destroyer, the channel remains open and broadcasting my signature after you've received this message:

Hey guys, its me, Urist!  I know recent events probably makes me look quite bad, I mean, I did just blow up an entire House Laberine station and then run off on you.  Sorry about that.

But here's the deal: House Laberine has built a weapon designed to permanently end the "AI problem," ie. wipe out the entire AI race.  Hopefully, the ones who built it were all aboard that station.  You don't have to take my word on it, they've just released it onto your ship.  Its already killed or seriously damaged my good friend, Helios, and now its probably wreaking all sorts of havoc on your ship's systems. 

I'm going to try and draw it out of the Firestar, once I have (and it should be pretty easy to confirm) I want you to kill power to ALL comm units, or it might come back to finish you off.  ANY form of wireless communications must be disconnected from its power source or outright destroyed.  Once the destroyers are dead in space, please blast them into dust.  I don't want any piece of this thing ever getting out again.  I know you have no reason to trust me, but I'm trying to save your lives and my whole race.

Gentlemen, its been an honor working with you.

Hey Alice!  Want to come over and play?
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 06, 2012, 01:30:42 pm »

Scott and the rest of the crew begin talking on the bridge, Urists channel still open.

"I liked Urist from the start, but with recent actions, I'm not sure now.

Urist why did you not just tell us this all in the first place? I'm sure the crew would have helped, we are getting paid for it anyways. You know we wanted to join up with the AI resistance from the start."

Scott opens a channel to Julius, in an unimpressed voice asked. "Julius? Are you working on an anti-AI weapon?"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 06, 2012, 01:37:08 pm »

On the open channel to Urist:

"Urist, you know it will be damn impossible to prove what you have told us, because I at least cannot take your word at face value anymore.

And even if what you say turns out to be true, I still don't know if I could trust you again. Think about what you have done: Yes, if there were scientists working on an anti-AI on that station, you've gotten rid of them, but think of how many innocents were there. The number of people you killed as collateral is at least in the thousands. Even worse, you used me trying to retrieve the nuclear device to do it by telling Alec to use it. There were other ways that you could have gone about it, but you had to use the nuke."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 06, 2012, 01:44:00 pm »

"You have to admit it does make sense they'd make a weapon of that kind in the most barren place they could find, no one would go through this much trouble just to establish a forward base for their army. He has a point, but we need to make sure he is telling the truth."
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 71