Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87451 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #720 on: February 15, 2012, 05:49:48 pm »

Hmm... how do AIs party?
On psrties in general? What nuke said?

On THIS kind of party, with no expenses spared, and with you as the guest of honour having done prety much all of the fighting?

I bought time on the stations radio telescope, and wired the combined, jumbles output of a thousand ancient civelizations having actually travelled here the slow way straight into your mind, while using an illegal and for practical purposes useless hack removing the limitations on parallelism of certain pattern finding algorithms letting you take up ALL the available computing power, and disabling anti-over-fitting heuristics...

Basically, take the most elevated enjoyments of beauty mankind experiences: a mathematician making a new exiting discovery, an art critic awestruck at a truly sublime piece of symbolism, an explorer looking out over a previously unseen natural beauty... And ramp them up to the strength of the hardest of hard drugs. Then add the sense of meaning, unique in-the-know-ness and self congratulation of conspiracy theorists, and the overwhelming sense of  "MEANING!!!" of "religious" experiences.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 05:55:59 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 15, 2012, 06:03:59 pm »

Alright. Also, once in station here at Braben Hall I think we should start looking for someone who could find or make us some bodies for our electronic friends. I was thinking two sets, whenever we can manage it, one set that is an assault body built using strong alloys, pollished faceted plates, and plastic muscle that can be packed into crates and under a scan look like some electronic parts and scrap. The second would be an electronic skeleton with biological parts seemlessly grafted on, for appearances. Under most scans they would look like the victims of a nasty accident who had to get some cyborg implants. None of this will be cheap I'm assuming, however. We should also look into making or finding some more deadly small arms. We don't even have a combat/security/away/boarding team!
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 15, 2012, 06:32:20 pm »

How much would shielding and stealth cost? Are they generally both not added?

I think you guys should inquire with the local merchants about what's selling hot out in Braben hall, considering you are going there soon.

After about twenty minutes of chatter in the bar and a couple of "brandies" which probably never touched fruit, Alec begins the trek to his flat.
Adding stealth can in some cases can effectively double the price of a fighter and many people argue agaisnt the cost effectiveness of such things but it really depends on how it's used.
It'll cost 900c to sheild a fighter from EMP.
Braben Hall is full of criminals and refugees, legitiamate traders carring food, fuel and medical supplies rarely venture there.

I think you are getting ahead of yourself. We haven't bought the plates or engine for a stealth fighter and it takes a full day to install those. I imagine we can add EMP shielding when we build it almost from the ground up. I'll treat her nice heh.
Actualy you've already paid for it and if it wasn't for the swinging party it'd probably be finished by now.

Despite taking time to enjoy the party Helios takes the time to explain the nature of the contract "It's simple we just have to make it difficult for them to establish the base and/ or convince them that it's not worth their time to bother. Sabatouge or diplomacy ethier works and this is a mission sent to me across systems by a noble house, it should make us some friends,"

Alright. Also, once in station here at Braben Hall I think we should start looking for someone who could find or make us some bodies for our electronic friends. I was thinking two sets, whenever we can manage it, one set that is an assault body built using strong alloys, pollished faceted plates, and plastic muscle that can be packed into crates and under a scan look like some electronic parts and scrap. The second would be an electronic skeleton with biological parts seemlessly grafted on, for appearances. Under most scans they would look like the victims of a nasty accident who had to get some cyborg implants. None of this will be cheap I'm assuming, however. We should also look into making or finding some more deadly small arms. We don't even have a combat/security/away/boarding team!
I mentioned earlier about restrictive laws imposed on AIs (near the start of the thread I described what exactly those laws where) so here they are:
All AIs must be programed in such a way that renders them unable to break any of the laws listed below.
All AIs must be programed according to strict specifictations and their code must be throughly inspected before first being compiled.
No AI is permited to create another AI or other program that adpats and changes on it's own (directly or indirectly)
No AI is permited to have a physical pressence or physical body.
No AI can be programed for a specific task (all AIs must be capable of preforming any task that can asked of any AI)
An AI cannot be forced to preform a task or function, all AIs must choose and consent to the type of work they preform.

There are numerous AI political groups a number pushing to revoke some of those laws, there are some radical groups as well.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:55:44 pm by Jerick »

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 15, 2012, 07:04:02 pm »

Right. Sorry about the confusion.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 15, 2012, 08:35:39 pm »

"Would blowing the place up do the job? That is, do you want to use it or just keep them from it?"
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 16, 2012, 12:39:52 am »

Gotdamn - We were planning in the future to check out giving our friends bodies, supporting the AI rights movment. Along with starting an interstellar war..

"Crew, we should decide our strategy for the project on the way to Braben Hall, that is once our friend arrives. Lets get those turrets mounted soon as we get them. Helios, which House is the job for? Oh and tell them we will be taking care of it for them within a few days."

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 16, 2012, 12:43:31 am »

Right I know. I just thought we forgot. It slipped my mind the fact that they won't copy or modify their coding. No worries.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 16, 2012, 02:02:38 pm »

"Would blowing the place up do the job? That is, do you want to use it or just keep them from it?"
ie. How many nukes should we buy?

AIs deliberately crash sections of their subroutines, you can recover from it in a few hours with no real side effects but it's like getting really drunk.
Lol!  Weeeee!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 16, 2012, 03:05:33 pm »

"Yep. House Laberine just wants them out of there anything else is up to us but you want to be careful when dealing with noble houses as pissing them off isn't usualy a good idea,"

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 16, 2012, 03:31:07 pm »

"House Laberine just wants them out of there anything else is up to us but you want to be careful when dealing with noble houses as pissing them off isn't usualy a good idea,"
So all 9 nukes, then.  Gotcha!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 16, 2012, 03:48:48 pm »

Do we happen to know which house, and what we may be missing out on if we make enemies with that house?

Yay! Nukes! Can't wait to get to Braben Hall. 200 Interceptors and Ravenhawks too haha.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 16, 2012, 04:10:48 pm »

So what is the thing we have to blow up? If it's an asteroid or something nukes could work, or tugging it into it's star. If it's a planet we probably can't nuke the entire thing, and if it's an orbit the best solution is probably filling it with relativistic hard-to-detect debris.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 16, 2012, 04:21:53 pm »

I believe we just need to make it hard for them to settle there. I believe blowing them up would work pretty well.. I was thinking like an asteroid field or moons.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 16, 2012, 04:26:41 pm »

Could we modify the nukes to not explode but release tons of radiation? More like a dirty bomb? I doubt they will want to settle there if it glows green.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 16, 2012, 05:55:58 pm »

It's space, there's already tons of radiation.

And I mean blowing the place up before they get there so there's nowhere for them to settle.

Hmm... get someone looking into if there's any way to make a star system to dangerous to jump into while allowing jumps out of it.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 71