Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87215 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2011, 04:23:27 pm »

Deciding it's time to leave the station and go and earn some money the crew elect to go after the rogue captain.
The client sends you all the relevant data they can find inculding a log of sightings.
He was last seen heading towards the system's edge which makes it unlikely he's left the system yet.
With the data you've been provided if you manage to cross the exhaust trail from his ship you should be able to identifiy it and track it to it's source.
The Cresent Dawn's transponder should still be working as well so you'll see it if even gets close your to sensor range.

Monk12 works busily while the ship is in the station modifing the turret to act as a remote drone.
By the time the ship is ready to depart he is finished.
The result is a bit rough and ready, lacks any kind of armor, is slow to move and turn but cost nothing and represents a deadly surprise to fighters or other lightly aromored craft.

Btw Kadzar I'm going to interupt the neural whip as a weapon that paralayses any one touched by the whip (touching the grip of course doesn't count) for ten minutes.

Spoiler: Nav computer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: status (click to show/hide)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2011, 04:28:34 pm »

Alrighty, let's head to his last known location and pick up the trail!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2011, 04:31:06 pm »

Follow the trail, and fuel(siphon fuel from the transport) and arm the turret(chances are we won't need it but we better be ready), load the missiles and all weapons.
Also, can we shoot the flak turret out of the railguns without destroying it?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2011, 04:58:06 pm »

Btw Kadzar I'm going to interupt the neural whip as a weapon that paralayses any one touched by the whip (touching the grip of course doesn't count) for ten minutes.
Well, in the source material (one of the Foundation books, I think it was the last one) it's actually less a literal whip and more of a pain ray, but your idea sounds more fun, so I'll go with that.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2011, 05:00:27 pm »

Follow the trail, and fuel(siphon fuel from the transport) and arm the turret(chances are we won't need it but we better be ready), load the missiles and all weapons.
Also, can we shoot the flak turret out of the railguns without destroying it?
No, the drone's well made but still made from scarp and piecies of junk you had lying around it has no chance of enduring the kind of forces the railguns would put on it.
Military grade drones arn't normaly able to survive that kind of force ethier but with the right materials you could probably build one that could take it.

Flying swiftly the Firestar heads to the last known location of the Cresent Dawn where it breifly and peacefuly passed a small mineral prospector's ship.
It seems the client was understating how long it had been since the sighting occured, the exhaust trail is already disapating.
But from the looks of it it continues onwards towards the system's edge and deep into a cloud of comets and large masses of ice.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2011, 05:11:36 pm »

Follow the trail, try to lay low to avoid being noticed. Also  hail the smal mineral ship and ask if it has seen anything special.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2011, 05:41:30 pm »

Also, scan that prospector with whatever sensory equipment we possess.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2011, 08:41:55 am »

Arrggh I had a response to this ready to post yesterday but then I couldn't access the forum which was followed by my internet going down.

Also, scan that prospector with whatever sensory equipment we possess.
The prospector is a small vessel covered with sensor arrays and comns relays.
It seems to be in good condition and regularly maintianed and repaired and boasts a point defence turret.
All the onboard systems are currently powered and judging from the make of ship likely to have no more than three people aboard.
As you slow down and clearly scan it the ship changes course and veers away from you.

Follow the trail, try to lay low to avoid being noticed. Also  hail the smal mineral ship and ask if it has seen anything special.
The mineral ship responds to your hail by immediately opening an audio channel.
"Errr... hello?" asks a timid voice "Your not pirates or anything are you?"

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2011, 08:47:54 am »

"No, We're space adventurers."
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2011, 09:06:47 am »

"Right, right...so...eh.. Can I help you with anything?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2011, 12:01:47 pm »

Give a singalement of the Cresent Dawn and ask for information.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2011, 12:29:56 pm »

"Oh...that yeah that passed by here not too long ago. It was sending a mayday as it sped past me so I called it in. I didn't think they'd send a warship after it though. The captain was babbling something about engine troubles. Not really something I could help with saddly,"

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2011, 01:03:39 pm »

"Alright, well, unless you have anymore information, I'd like to thank you for your time, and we'll be headed on our way."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2011, 01:04:22 pm »

Continue following the trail

Question: Do Newtonian physics work in this universe(or is space made of maple syrup).

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2011, 01:23:41 pm »

"Alright, well, unless you have anymore information, I'd like to thank you for your time, and we'll be headed on our way."

"No problem, I'm glad I could help,"

Continue following the trail

Question: Do Newtonian physics work in this universe(or is space made of maple syrup).
Things in space do not slow down inexplicaply so yeah newtonian physics and inertia work as they should.

Following the trail brings you ever deeper into the cloud of ice and gases that surround the system.
Suddenly the Cresent Dawn's transponder appears on sensors surrounded by several unidentified, transponderless, powered contacts.
The group of sensor contacts are moving slowly forward.
You where lucky to spot them all the ice, debris and other objects between you and them are making it hard to get clear sensor readings.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 71