Go after the rogue Captain
- 3 (100%)
Retrive the Fragile Cargo
- 0 (0%)
Drone Clearence
- 0 (0%)
Some Easy Escourt duty
- 0 (0%)
Screw all you rule obeying fools! There are other means of credit procurement!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 71

Author Topic: The Firestar  (Read 87584 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: The Firestar
« Reply #540 on: February 02, 2012, 03:23:18 pm »

I say we keep the Flarewise as a mobile base and storage. We need somewhere to keep that reactor and muon turret, after all!

Also, can my character show up now? I wanna supercharge that muon turret!

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 02, 2012, 04:08:52 pm »

Accept, and ask if we can help them with something else.

Also discreetly ask (sideway remark) if they haven't got any armor plates/ whatever stuff we could use lieing around.
Saddly they're a little disorganised at the moment and don't have much in the way of spare armor.

Offer to transfer the prisoners to them.  If they don't want them, turn them over to the military/police.
They gladly accept and promise to look you up if they have anything high paying and dangerous they need done in the future.

What shall we do now with the job completed? I'm thinking head back to the Galvenn trade depot, stock up, get some repairs and go back to Tabien. We can reconnect with the Flarewise and head back out.

"Helios, would you like to be dropped off when we get to Galvenn? I'm curious what you thought of our incursion. You and Urist seemed to work pretty well together."
The Firestar heads to Galveen 4 trade station, it'll take an hour or two arrive.

"I'm not sure to be honest, I might stay. It's certainly more intresting than sitting on a station. I work well with Urist because I happen to quite like him. And our incursion, if you can call it that, was a quick engagment against a number of clear hostiles. Given the firepower they had I'm surprised we didn't take more damage than we did. Do you guys often get into full on missile slogging matches?"

(Apolgies but updates are going to be a bit slower for a while)

Spoiler: Nav computer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Firestar status (click to show/hide)

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 02, 2012, 05:51:04 pm »

No problemo Jerick.

Buy 20 ravenhawks, and get repairs done.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 02, 2012, 05:52:38 pm »

Patch up the armor if it won't take too long.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 02, 2012, 06:12:57 pm »

Jerick - Thats fine by me, I need to study for midterms haha.

"We tend to get into a good scrap, that one was the worst yet. Normally its just a few dozen or so fighters and shuttles. We expect to be getting into worse ones as we find higher profile jobs. This ship is a rock though, I'm sure we can handle it."

"Urist, while head for the station can you tweak up the human interface for flight control? I rather not have a repeat of the last fight. Also help whoever wants to learn to fly if you can?"

Have the crew of the ship begin repairs of anything damaged. Also have that muon beam looked over, I want to know the specs and what kind of punch it has.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 02, 2012, 07:16:53 pm »

Jerick - Thats fine by me, I need to study for midterms haha.

"We tend to get into a good scrap, that one was the worst yet. Normally its just a few dozen or so fighters and shuttles. We expect to be getting into worse ones as we find higher profile jobs. This ship is a rock though, I'm sure we can handle it."
"I see. Speaking of higher profile jobs I have a proposition for you; I have earned the trust of many important people and can get you contracts from the noble houses themselves. Such contracts will pay way more than anything you could find posted in a station but I know from expirence that they tend to be extreamly difficult to complete but if you think the ship and the crew can take it..."

"Urist, while head for the station can you tweak up the human interface for flight control? I rather not have a repeat of the last fight. Also help whoever wants to learn to fly if you can?"
(I'm not sure what you mean here are you talking about the old Knell fighter or the Firestar?)

Have the crew of the ship begin repairs of anything damaged. Also have that muon beam looked over, I want to know the specs and what kind of punch it has.
You managed to avoid everything but armour damage and the Firestar's frontal armour is built to be modular and expendable.
The Muon turret is a light offensive turret that can hit targets at short range(or medium range depending on how it's calibrated) it fires a small beam about the width of a pencil but it loses very little energy when penetrating armour and can cause havok on even a well armoured ship's internals.
You can calibrate it to fire futher but deal less damage.

Spoiler: Galvenn four goods (click to show/hide)
You arrive at Galvenn 4 without ceremony and promptly buy all but one of the Ravenhawks available.
You also have a new set of armour modules to replace the damaged ones in the front of the ship, this costs 2000 credits.
Installing them takes a breif few minutes in the station's dry dock.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 02, 2012, 07:30:30 pm »

Hmm... not sure about those difficult tasks.  I think we should look into it but be very careful about what kind of jobs we accept.

For now, though, lets head back to rendezvous with the Flarewise.  We can figure out what to do with it on the way.  Do we have any idea how much it would be worth if we sold it?
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #547 on: February 02, 2012, 08:05:27 pm »

Probably a lot, but I'd rather keep it.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 02, 2012, 08:39:28 pm »

Agreed. Also lets not buy anything else, we can possibly go to Braben Hall for weapons when we get back. Also what do you guys think of designing a stealth fighter and giving it the muon beam, since we have no free mounts on the Firestar?

"Helios, we're leaving soon to rendezvous with our second ship the Flarewise in the Tabien system. You are more then welcome to come for the trip, you can even hop to the Flarewise for the ride back if you want a lot of processing power to yourself. Oh and a chance of pirates is always in the forecast in that system.."

Jerick - I meant the Firestars human interface.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #549 on: February 02, 2012, 10:59:43 pm »

I wanna see if we can hook that spare reactor up to the muon beam and supercharge it.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 03, 2012, 12:31:26 am »

I've actually been thinking we should work on getting a stealth shuttle, since it could be used for infiltration and such, but I suppose a stealth fighter could be useful for crippling enemy vessels before a battle or strafing them during. Plus it would be cheaper than a shuttle, so I suppose we should go for it now.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 03, 2012, 06:17:31 am »

Hmm... not sure about those difficult tasks.  I think we should look into it but be very careful about what kind of jobs we accept.

For now, though, lets head back to rendezvous with the Flarewise.  We can figure out what to do with it on the way.  Do we have any idea how much it would be worth if we sold it?
Buying a second hand cargo ship of the Flarewise's class would cost about 150,000 credits and selling it would get you about 75,000.

Agreed. Also lets not buy anything else, we can possibly go to Braben Hall for weapons when we get back. Also what do you guys think of designing a stealth fighter and giving it the muon beam, since we have no free mounts on the Firestar?

"Helios, we're leaving soon to rendezvous with our second ship the Flarewise in the Tabien system. You are more then welcome to come for the trip, you can even hop to the Flarewise for the ride back if you want a lot of processing power to yourself. Oh and a chance of pirates is always in the forecast in that system.."

Jerick - I meant the Firestars human interface.
"Tabien's still a wonderful place then. Yeah I'll come with you, I don't really have anything better to do and I've something to check on in Tabien,"

Urist can't improve much on the system he put in place when he first came aboard but he does optimise it for use by the crew and the Firestar's unquie command structure.

I wanna see if we can hook that spare reactor up to the muon beam and supercharge it.
You'd probably be able to only get one shot out of it before burning the turret out.

Undocking you make your way back to Tabien, a trip of about six hours, and you make contact with the Flarewise.
In your absense the crew of the Flarewise has fixed up most of the remaining damage.

Spoiler: Flarewise (click to show/hide)

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 03, 2012, 03:56:20 pm »

Lets stop by the station and see what Braben Hall has to offer.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 03, 2012, 04:09:39 pm »

Did we want to go to Braben hall? I assume we can get lots of ammo, and cheap turrets among other things.

Also have the Firestars OS transfered to the Flarewise. The AI's may move to any ship they want.

Jerick - What kind of computing power does each ship hold, and that mainframe sitting on the Flarewise? I'm looking for an estimate how comfortable and efficient the AI's can be along side the OSs during battle.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 03, 2012, 04:12:49 pm »

Do we want to move the OS?  Each AI can only do one thing at a time, so chances are, someone else will be flying the Firestar from time to time and they'll want an OS to work with.  Not all of us think in binary!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 71