Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't use raw adamantine for last-minute wall construction?  (Read 885 times)

Jerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't use raw adamantine for last-minute wall construction?
« on: December 05, 2011, 02:48:30 am »

I devised a strategy whereas as soon as I hit (you know what) when digging through the cotton candy tube, I would list adamantine as non-economic and have the miner set to masonry and make a wall over the opening to (you know what). However it just happened and for some reason raw adamantine (even though it's everywhere around the opening to (you know what)) isn't listed in the list of blocks available for wall construction?

I had an earlier incident where a miner was stuck in another adamantine tube, I used the stock list-as-noneconomic trick and had him make a stairway out with the adamantine around him, so I know they could use it if needed.

Anyone care to help?

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't use raw adamantine for last-minute wall construction?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 04:22:53 am »

Did you remember to set raw adamantine as a non economic stone? I think it's economic by default.

Jerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 05:55:51 am »

Did you remember to set raw adamantine as a non economic stone? I think it's economic by default.
...that's the trick I stated in the starting post, course I did it.

Anyway I abandoned that idea and put a temp stockpile for cheap rocks near where I knew the (cough) entrance is, and channeled it out then let the digger build the wall with the stockpiled rock instead.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 05:58:15 am »

This will probably slow your frame rate down due to all the clowns pathing to your fortress, so you should probably try to eliminate them soon.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Jerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 07:11:34 am »

This will probably slow your frame rate down due to all the clowns pathing to your fortress, so you should probably try to eliminate them soon.

I've had past experience that enlightens me to the fact that even a single escaped clown could stomp on my entire candy-garbed militia. And clowns don't come in singles.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 10:18:33 am »

Oh my bad, really should read more thouroughly.

The only thing I can think of then is that the newly mined adamantine is immediatly used in a task, most likely hauling.
Is there a stone stockpile that would accept raw adamantine? Or better yet if you inspect the stonedoes it show a tsk tag?

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 04:10:21 pm »

I've had past experience that enlightens me to the fact that even a single escaped clown could stomp on my entire candy-garbed militia. And clowns don't come in singles.

Note that clowns are just as vulnerable to cave-ins and obsidian casting as everything else.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!