Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Pheonix Rising d100  (Read 7622 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Pheonix Rising d100- Turn 1 up for all characters
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2011, 06:11:15 pm »

Because I feel like describing April's clothes (I checked and I think he doesn't care), I will do so.
A pastel yellow short sleeved shirt with a matching skirt.

I also think all actions are in, most of us really only had stuff to say though.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:05:48 pm by Powder Miner »

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2011, 02:07:08 am »

Stuff came up, I'll try to post them tonight.
Also, it's not that I don't care, it's just that it didn't effect dice rolls and the like. Detail is always nice.
EDIT: My PM never arrived, did it?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 02:15:07 am by NobodyPro »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2011, 06:19:15 pm »

No, I don't think it did...

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2011, 04:18:33 am »

--Rhana Vi'korr--
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"That depends on your skills." said the woman, "What did you do out there?"
"I hunt the creatures." said Rhana trying to find the right words, "We followed them and killed them."
"There's a few jobs you could do that are very similar to that. Xeno-control is always looking for people who know how to find the creatures that find their way into-"
The woman stopped for a moment, touching the thing in her ear. After a moment she turned back as if nothing had happened. 
"We appear to have a perfect job for you. It involves tracking, requires no prior education and it also includes lodging, unlike the Xeno-control job."
Rhana nodded, unsure. 
"I'll just mark you down for the job and you can start today." The woman typed for a few minutes, printed a slip of paper and passed it to Rhana. "Just give that to the pilot when you enter the VT through that door."
Rhana did as she was told and entered the winged vehicle the woman had called the VT. 
The pilot didn't wait for anyone else, he just started the engines and began to fly with a casual "You'll be there before you know it." over his shoulder. As they dropped into one of the pits Rhana wondered what flying would feel like in this place. 

--April Eploc--
"Well," the driver said, taking a moment to collect his thoughts. He pointed to the pseudo-sun, "That is just for light because of the thick ash clouds. All the heat and the power comes from the lava underneath us.
"As for the trees, someone tried to explain it to me once. The scientists apparently made the trees more like those trees in the wasteland. I think they're just fake trees though, just sounds easier."
The taxi turned off the main roads and descended the ramp into the Commons. Now April could see what made this city different. It was deeper, much deeper than the other cities seen. The buildings rose up from the streets, some even connecting with the roof of the Middle City. 
"I saw that gun you were wavin' about," the driver said as he left the ramp, "If your plannin' to go down into the Undercity you may want to bring more than just that." He pulled up in front of an apartment building. "That'll be seventy-two credits."
April swiped her credit card and exited the taxi. She pulled out the contract and checked the address. This was the place. 

--Micelus of Dero I--

"There's always someone trying to kill someone else in this city, you shouldn't have trouble finding one of these people if you look hard enough. As for sights; you've got the Spire, the heights and the pits. Everything else is a matter of who you know."
Micelus nodded and pulled out his contract and had another look. It was vague, "further details at pickup", but it had a good pay rate and, most importantly, weaponry is provided. 
His rifle was military-issue. He wouldn't have been able to get it through registration. 
He folded it and slid it back into his pocket. "My stop's just around this corner."

--Nathan Ting--
Nathan found some scissors in his drawers and started to cut away the plastic covering the package. 
Inside was a briefcase. Try as he might, Nathan could not find a way to open the briefcase. There was no lock, primitive or electronic, and no clamps on the outside to keep it shut. 
Nathan slumped back into his office chair in defeat. 

OOC: Aghh! My thumbs!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Pheonix Rising d100- Turn 2 up
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2011, 05:14:45 am »

(What happened to your thumbs? Er... you didn't write this on a cellphone, did you? o.O If so, I admire and appreciate your dedication in getting a turn out. ^^^)

Nathan stared at the briefcase, fingers steepled before his face with the tip of the index fingers touching his nose and the tip of his thumbs touching his chin. Maybe it's a time lock, or voice recognition. But is it keyed to a specific phrase or a person's voice if so? No answers to be found. He didn't want to get a crowbar and bash it open since he would probably damage whatever was inside.

He thought about it while he changed out of his jogging outfit and into his favorite pair of roomy jeans, comfortable sneakers, white wifebeater, and black silk button-up short-sleeved shirt. I'll assume it's a time lock. Most likely it's supposed to arrive when the other get here. Funny, that. Usually I'm given jobs to do on my own. It must be something big if I have a team this time. Hmm, maybe I should get ready for them, be a good host.

He went back to the kitchen and checked the fridge to see if he still had some lunch meat left over to make sandwiches, and whether he had drunk the last of bourbon last night. Nope, there was still a bottle left, along with the ginger ale and some ice. He set some coffee on and went about making sandwiches for his guests. Once he was done, he arranged the pot of coffee, a container of dairy creamer, a small bowl containing sugar cubes, the bottle of bourbon, the bottle of ginger ale, the plate of sandwiches, and four glasses on his living room table and sat in his comfy chair. While he was waiting, he turned on the television to watch the news.

Wait for the others to arrive. Offer them sandwiches and either coffee or alcohol when they arrive. Check the news for anything interesting.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2011, 07:08:40 am »

"turralisj okarthel"

"Where this going, how does it fly?" Rhana asked this question and then waited for an answer, unable to stay still, she fidgeted as much as the space allowed
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2011, 11:10:35 am »

April looked around the area, hoping to see where she was supposed to go and generally what the place was like.

(I was wondering if I could get the information for what's around me before the turn starts because I have no idea what I'm supposed to do)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2011, 03:20:26 pm »

As the transport stopped, Micelus thanked the driver and got off. He looked at the  contract again, and headed to the "pickup".
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2011, 06:21:50 pm »

April looked around the area, hoping to see where she was supposed to go and generally what the place was like.

(I was wondering if I could get the information for what's around me before the turn starts because I have no idea what I'm supposed to do)
Turn 2.5
April checked her surroundings.
The lights are orange-hued but all operational, the street runs from East to West, there is a fairly regular amount of pedestrians and traffic.
She should probably go inside to receive her 'further information' on the job.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2011, 07:26:48 pm »

Inside what?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2011, 08:32:30 pm »

(My apartment building, I'm sure. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2011, 08:48:51 pm »

I'm pretty sure of that too

By the way, the non-english exclamation, I was too lazy to look up or make up a language so I just used the dragon language from Draconimicon (I play DnD) it translates to big home
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2011, 09:09:56 pm »

I thought so, I just want to make sure.
Ah well.

April walked to the door of the the apartment she was supposed to be going to and politely knocked. Hearing the sounds of a television, she knew it was occupied, and briefly checking the number told her it wa the right one. She was sure by the fact that she was going to an apartment that she was going to deal with a client; and common sense taught her that when getting hired by a client, you wanted to make a good first impression. She also briefly straightened herself up for the same reason, un-tilting her clothes (from the tumble the first time she tried to get into a taxi here), and shifting her gun holster to be visible, so she wasn't immediately rejected on the basis of being apparently harmless. "Let's see how this goes," she muttered under her breath.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2011, 09:50:30 pm »

BTW can you just have me enter the house/apartment after the craft lands cause mostly my turns have not really had much option about what to do, other than speak etc.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2011, 01:37:06 am »

(I'm going to go ahead and respond to Powder.)

Nathan was just settling in when he heard a knock on his door. Must be the rest, he thought, grabbing his pistol from the table where he'd left it and tucking it into the back of his pants - making sure the safety was on first, of course, last thing he needed was a bullet in his ass while he was trying to greet people. "Just a moment," he said, adjusting his clothes so he could still reach the grip without being impeded by hanging fabric. Once he was sure he was good, he opened the door.

Holy shit, I must've done something good for the boss without knowing it, he thought, blinking in surprise. Standing in his doorway was probably the most attractive woman he had ever seen - and he'd worked alongside a few since signing that contract a few years ago - taller than him, with long ginger hair in a braid and bright hazel eyes. Sadly his daydream deflated when he noticed her pistol holster. Damn it, knew I was jumping the gun. I guess she's my partner for the job, then. He stood aside to allow her to pass and gestured her in.

"I'm Nathan Ting," he said by way of introduction. "Are you hungry or anything? I made sandwiches and set out some coffee, or booze if you'd rather have that," he said.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8