Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Urged Stones, a legends of forlorn realms community fortress  (Read 3522 times)

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Urged Stones, a legends of forlorn realms community fortress
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2011, 04:43:16 pm »

If you set the embark points to a metric shitton, make the embarking soldiers a badass elite team: don't spend the points for equipment, spend them to make the dwarfs highly skilled fighters. Skilled or proficient fighter-dodger-wrestler-weapon stats with steel weaponry should deal with the enemies as long as you don't have to fight them all at once.
Also, you don't have to effectively reclaim the real fort: you could build a small camp further away from it, use traps to thin the numbers of the enemy.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2011, 04:48:00 pm »

Oh, and if you haven't embarked yet, make sure our group name has as many words related to swords and blades as possible.

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • My game, a Medieval RPG. Sort of.
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2011, 04:55:19 pm »

I wanted to make them skilled sworddwarves, with the other five skills I would be able raise being dodger, shield user and armor user. The part of the small camp seems like... Good. You know it feels real. Makes it really feal like a military expedition. Maybe i'll embark with some wood and stone to make some mechanisms, cages and walls.
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2011, 05:00:33 pm »

Ooh, another cool idea:

Along with being swordsdwarves, make each of us specialize in a non-weapon combat skill like dodging, kicking, striking, ect.

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 05:11:08 pm »

Don't ask for too much. I have enough points, but i have a limit of points to spent in each dwarves. I'll start tomorrow (UTC+01:00), until then, you can suggest names for the group. But be sure they can be used in DF.
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2011, 07:01:27 pm »

Raise dodger initially higher than armor user: if a dwarf wears any, the armor skill tends to develop faster than dodging.
Also, bring in some (actually, much) food and booze. Sure, a reclaim tends to leave some of the fort's food supply salvagable, but you might not want to scavange for scraps while all those creatures are still there.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2011, 12:05:24 am »

If you haven't dwarfed all the reclaim expedition yet, I'd like to be dorfed as Pan. If not possible, dorf the first male migrant as Pan.

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2011, 04:57:32 am »

I don't think I'm even going to narrate it... The first attemp to reclaim has been simply too wrong. The goblins and lizardmen were friendly... But the minotaur was in the middle of the expedition from the start... The military didn't have time to equip their weapons. The war ankylosaurs and sabre-toothed tigers couldn't provide them even a few seconds... They were killed before I could even pause the game... Shall we try a second reclaim?

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2011, 12:32:26 pm »

Well that sucks. I vote for another reclaim! In fact, I vote we keep reclaiming until the Minotaur is captured/killed.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2011, 02:02:59 pm »

You could include that in the storyline: after several expeditions later, the dwarfs know they're on a suicide mission, and those that eventually prevail will be great heroes.

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2011, 05:04:37 pm »

So more reclaims... This time i think what i do will be set some traps to capture that minotaur

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2011, 07:06:59 pm »

I suppose it's not going well.

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2011, 10:40:22 am »

I haven't had time to play XD Exams, exams and more exam. Maybe this weekend i'll post. Sorry.

Pages: 1 2 [3]