Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Urged Stones, a legends of forlorn realms community fortress  (Read 3521 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: Urged Stones, a legends of forlorn realms community fortress
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 06:22:35 pm »

Went down like a champion, a satisfying end to my story. I'll continue watching how things unfold. May Urgedstones live to see another day.

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • My game, a Medieval RPG. Sort of.
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 03:38:33 am »

You simply chose the wrong time to enter a martial trance XD. You could have killed them if it wasn't because of the bowgoblin. That, and the lucky hit of the axegoblin. Any ideas about what to do now?
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 05:24:00 am »

Not sure. Engrave a slab for me and stick it somewhere nice? Oh, and if you manage to retrieve it from my corpse, give Abrasanir to Ishar. He shall carry on my legacy.

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2011, 06:04:30 am »

One of the miner/soldier, who was also a mason, entered the mason workshop without saying a word just after the death of DZA. A few days later, as Ishar retrieved the body of DZA while wearing Abrasanir, the mason showed the dwarves her creation. Ilmistem, a coffin made out from jet with an image of General Zes on it. In the tomb, along with the coffin that contained DZA's corpse, there were three statues. The first was a statue of dwarves, and was about the foundation of Urged Stones. The second was a statue of DZA himself, and the third was a statue of the god As. All of them made in red bauxite.

Three days later, the nephilim caravan left... And they were attacked by the lizardmen. To everyone's surprise, the nephilim guards killed all the lizardmen, and only a merchant was killed... They had saved Urged Stones. A silver statue of a nephilim soon stand in the meeting hall.

But things went bad... Very bad... Urged Stones had atraccted the attention of forces beyond their comprehension...

It was middle summer... The militia was prepared all days for the danger of another siege. But they weren't prepared for what was coming to Urged Stones...

Ishar was at the entrance, waiting until the next patrol came... And he saw it... Goblins... A goblin siege... His pet, Zalis, a war sabre-toothed tiger, couldn't understand what was happening, but he knew it was trouble... Ishar ordered the bridge to be closed... But he realized too late that wouldn't be enough... The new dinning room! They had been building walls for a new dinning room outside... And the wall hadn't been completed... Too late he realized it. His squad, that had been named Children of DZA, went to the corridor that connected the fortress to the new dinning room. Soon, two other squads went there too. The paladin squad and a recruit squad. The goblins rushed in. Ishar Shouted.
"Stand until they get here. We'll send them back to the underworld that created them!"
The goblins charged. The captain of the goblins and her mount, a cave crocodile, were soon killed by Zalis, although Zalis was injured. The sounds of battle could be heard in the meeting hall, were the dwarves were prepared to charge themselves if it was necessary. The goblins were less, but some of the brave dwarven warriors were injured. But in the end they killed the goblins.

The soldiers started to celebrate.
"We did..." The recruit couldn't finish his speech. Three darts had hit him, killing him. When Ishar looked to the corridor, he simply couldn't believe it... About forty lizardmen and even five bog trolls were there...

The whole fortress was called to arms. The lizardmen's darts claimed the lifes of lots of dwarves that day, as well as the bog trolls... But Ishar squad finally was able to made it... They were the last ones... Even the high priestess had died... And then, it came the horror... Three beings... They looked like black insects... The shortest was seven feet tall. They had some strange black weapons, and their wings... Were like the ones of insects. Ishar had lost a hand. Abrasanir had saved him thirty times this day. But there was still work to do. He knew what they were. He had been told about them... They were what people had called The Danger... They were the voidwalkers. Nobody knew what they wanted, but he wouldn't be the one letting them get it.
"Dwarves! Charge!"
Ishar was the first. He struck one down with his spear... And then he collapsed in pain. After dying, the being shouted, with a voice that couldn't be the one of a mortal being. His companions were also stunned...

When they woke up, they saw it... A child corpse was sticked into a wall. It was Joost. On the wall there was a message, written in the old dwarven language with the child's blood.
"You cannot win. You cannot survive. You cannot resist. You cannot even try.
PS: Do you like beef?"
Then, a roar was heard. Zejaso Pozijante, the minotaur... Those bastard had freed him! It was dark, even for a dwarf. Ishar tried to get his spear. The last thing he saw was a giant punch.

---------------------------------------------------

And so ends the story of Urged Stones, a story of death, madness and duty. Shall their sould rest forever.

--------------------------------------------------
Two sieges! Two sieges, one and then other! And then the voidwalkers thieves. They went thorugh the bridge before I closed it and nobody noticed! I was building a system to release the minotaur, but i couldn't get the security measures done, and somehow the minotaur got free. Shit. I don't think I'll reclaim... Maybe try another location with other dwarven civilization. And I think I will be more careful when building outside... If you want to know, Ishar killed three goblins, a bog troll, four lizardmen and a voidwalker. And Zalis (I assigned war animals to everyone in the militia after what happened to DZA) died under the mace of a bog troll that got himself a tittle. The Rough Punch of the Buzzard or something like that.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 02:00:05 pm by Bluesproto »
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 04:41:57 pm »

Wow. That was some serious onslaught, and quite an early one at that. Your fortress was pretty much doomed from the moment my guy took charge of the military anyway - my dwarfs tend to drop like flies in community games. Awesome writing by the way. If you reclaim or start another, I'd like to get another dwarf to get massacred.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 09:44:19 am »

Well, here we go, i accept ideas for a new embark area, or even for trying to reclaim. If reclaiming, I'm going to use a team of military dwarves, so they would be an expedition to see what the hell happened to Urged Stones.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 02:22:49 pm »

I vote for at least one reclaim. Which I would also love to be a part of.

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2011, 02:43:40 pm »

I think I'll go for the reclaiming... Just because I have always wanted to try a military dwarven expedition XD. There will be five militia dwarves and then two civilian dwarves. I think I'll try and get some war ankylosaurs, as, at least, I think there would be some lizardmen (one squad had its leader killed, so they woudn't move from a certain point) and the minotaur. I think I'm going to set some cage traps (or reclaim the ones I had) to capture him again. Tell me the names of your dwarves, as well as the weapon their going to use (or if you want a civilian, simply tell me). As i set the embark points to 2000 or something like that when i created the world, you should be able to start with some good weapons and armor.

PS: Does anyone know if caged animals and/or goblins free themselves when reclaiming? Because if they do, it's going to be such a fun (The fortress had about twelve caged goblins, seven lizardmen and three bog trolls. Oh, and a kobold. Funniest part is that I can't remember if I took their weapons.)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 02:48:26 pm »

Yep, pretty sure all caged prisoners are freed when you reclaim. Although I heard somewhere that they become friendly...

As for my dwarf, how about a swordsdwarf named Zedrial?

Mjattie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2011, 03:11:27 pm »

Ill take a sworddwarf. Call him Mr. Anderson. If possible, I want a silver shortsword and a iron breastplate.
EDIT: I suggest the Baron's quarters look out into the caverns, with bridges between the windows and the flying building destroyers, so they can be opened in an emergency.
Sorry, I saw you accidentally wrote closed, so I fixed it.

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2011, 04:07:03 pm »

A silver shortsword... I'm pretty sure silver swords are very crappy...

Mjattie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2011, 04:20:12 pm »

A silver shortsword... I'm pretty sure silver swords are very crappy...

I know, thats what makes them Fun.
EDIT: I suggest the Baron's quarters look out into the caverns, with bridges between the windows and the flying building destroyers, so they can be opened in an emergency.
Sorry, I saw you accidentally wrote closed, so I fixed it.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2011, 04:29:55 pm »

I'd like a male sworddwarf, who takes up the name of Ishar, upon studying some engravings of the original dwarf. Also, make him you hammerer - hammering with a sword is hardcore.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:43:55 pm by Ishar »
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2011, 04:31:47 pm »

Well, i wanted you to survive at least until first migrant wave, but if you want to face a minotaur, more than ten goblins, more than ten lizardmen (maybe even ten) and about three bog trolls with that, you are not going to survive that long.

PS: And a kobold, don't forget the mighty kobold!

EDIT: Engravings of Ishar... I think now i have something remotely similar to a plot...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:33:56 pm by Bluesproto »

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2011, 04:32:40 pm »

Hell yes, let's all be swordsdwarves!
Pages: 1 [2] 3