Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New recruits tend to bite a lot?  (Read 2301 times)

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New recruits tend to bite a lot?
« on: December 04, 2011, 09:17:49 am »

I am not very good at military and have only just started to figure it out.
But they only occasionally use their weapons.

I sent a troop of 4 new recruits out against some goats and the did some times smack them with their weapons but for the most part they bit them by the leg and shook them around.

Is this normal?
Join the new Hermit Succession

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: New recruits tend to bite a lot?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 09:29:38 am »

Yep. Once they are adequate+ in their respective weapons, they'll pretty much solely use them.

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 11:23:26 am »

Yep. Once they are adequate+ in their respective weapons, they'll pretty much solely use them.

And then they get real good with their weapons, get bored, and go back to training up biting and kicking.

And you think this is annoying until you see them go all kung-fu on goblins with one-kick kills or nose-biting followed by shaking until the goblin's head comes off.
Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 02:00:26 pm »

I had a legendary fighter (who was very skilled with his axe) bite and rip the neck out of a beak wolf once.   I think his axe was busy hacking another beak wolf, so he decided to use his secondary weapon.. his teeth.  And here I was just tossing him into an arena with a dozen of these things.. a warm up exercise I suppose.
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 02:04:56 pm »

I suffered the misfortune of having a couple dwarves bite their goblin opponents several in unusual places. Such as their tooth, or upper lip.

The mental imagery was not pleasant.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 02:07:44 pm »

I suffered the misfortune of having a couple dwarves bite their goblin opponents several in unusual places. Such as their tooth, or upper lip.

I dream about such wonderful things! Can you imagine the look of shock on a goblin's face (if you pardon the pun), when a dwarf clamps around its teeth and rips them all out, teeth sailing in arcs across the sky? SPLENDID I TELL YOU!

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 02:20:26 pm »

If only new recruits would use those torn off parts as weapons...
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 02:25:24 pm »

I dream about such wonderful things! Can you imagine the look of shock on a goblin's face (if you pardon the pun), when a dwarf clamps around its teeth and rips them all out, teeth sailing in arcs across the sky? SPLENDID I TELL YOU!
I imagine it would ruin the whole epic battle vibe, simply because of how messed up it seems. Like stabbing someone in the nuts.

It's like, "hey, I know we're enemies and everything, and I'm currently trying to to tear your brains out of your skull and all that, but that's just not cool".

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 02:43:14 pm »

I imagine it would ruin the whole epic battle vibe, simply because of how messed up it seems. Like stabbing someone in the nuts.

It's like, "hey, I know we're enemies and everything, and I'm currently trying to to tear your brains out of your skull and all that, but that's just not cool".

Dirty fighting all the way. It's no gentledwarves duel when dwarves and goblins meet in the field. Doubly so with elves.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 02:46:11 pm »

sad

legendary biters do more than a lot of damage
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 03:07:46 pm »

Dirty fighting all the way. It's no gentledwarves duel when dwarves and goblins meet in the field. Doubly so with elves.

Yeah, elves that not only ate dead enemies, but ate live enemies, whilst fighting them as well o_O

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 06:41:30 pm »

Actually, with elves, I could see it being a little more appropriate. Not that I hate them or anything, but it could be justified as a preventative measure against having the corpse of you and your kin eaten later.

"you won't be able to eat me...IF I EAT YOUR MOUTH FIRST!*bites tooth*".

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 07:06:19 pm »

Wouldn't stop them gnawing on your corpse with their gums....

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 09:11:31 pm »

I suspect that they could only go for so long, hopelessly scraping their torn and bloody gums across the tough, rotting dwarf hide before they figure it would be best simply leave it there to fertilize the plants.

Wow, that mental image was even worse then the mouth eating* dwarves.

*That is to say, a dwarf who attempts to devour the mouths of other creatures, not a redundant statement specifying that the dwarves in question eat with their mouths.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 09:22:22 pm »

The image could only get worse if bees were involved somehow.

Oh dear.
Pages: [1] 2 3