Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD. Turn 10  (Read 6549 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Chat suggestively with the target: he sure is handsome! Perhaps though it's best to suggest I might have some services that could interest such a fine strapping fellow. I sure would like to be shown a good time, yes sir! I'm new in town, fresh from the countryside and don't really know my way around here... Perhaps there's a secluded dark alleyway round about. Or perhaps he has chambers nearby. Oh gosh, I just remembered, I'm going to be late for dance class! Please, write down your name and address for me. Perhaps another time?

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 3: Ever so clever

The Trio:
Separate from Joshua and steal some kind of produce just a few metres from one of the patrols. Make sure the merchant sees me. As he shouts, run like hell into the crowds.

You walk by this rich guy, making sure he sees you, the problem is that there really isn't anything worth stealing, [5] but you think quick and get a brilliant idea. The sign of the tavern where this drunk just came from, seems to be loosely connected... You rip it from the wall and RUN FOR IT! [4] The drunk takes the baits and yells for the patrol, alerting all of them. Maybe someone promised them a promotion if they catch a thief as they seem to be really enthusiastic. You are now being chased by an angry patrol.

Meanwhile:
Chat suggestively with the target: he sure is handsome!
Nod to Hilda as I passively walk around the man from a distance, appearing to mind my own business at first. She's the bait, not me.

Hilda goes for the drunk and does some serious distracting, suggesting a few things that might interest a man of his caliber. [2+1] It doesn't seem to work as well as you thought. He just stares you with empty eyes, burps, and continues to stare. You come to a conclusion that he's just too drunk to realize anything happening around him. Now is the perfect time to strike!

[6+1] You totally rob the man. You pick his purse, take the ring, and even the hat. Even a thought of undressing him and taking the clothes passes your mind, but then he notices Joshua and asks: "You don't happen to be thieves you two?"

You hastily answer "Err.. no we are not"

"Well okay then... " he says, spins his head around like a lighthouse, and for the love of... the second patrol comes from an alley, and with your luck of course your blind, drunken 'customer' happens to notice the patrol and yells "Hey you guys there! Here's two suspicious looking guys!"

You decide to LEG IT as there seems to be a few angry watchmen running towards you.

Lonelyrider:
Try for the ol' bunp and snatch. Disappear into the crowd and then a back alley whether success or failure. 

You decide to go for the good ol' 'bump and snatch', nothing can go wrong with that. You bid your time, patience is the key, and when the moment is right you walk towards the victim, bump, snatch, and if he notices politely apologize.[5] You walk by unnoticed and execute your plan. The purse has now been secured, and it feels heavy, very heavy. This brings a small smile on your face. You decide to calmly walk away from the scene, behind a corner and check inside the bag.

[1] WHO THE HELL CARRIES ROCKS IN THEIR WALLET!?

Well a day never starts like it should. Atleast you still have time, and rocks, alot of rocks.

Spoiler: micelus - Len (click to show/hide)
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD. Turn 3: Ever so clever
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2011, 10:00:52 am »

LEG IT LIKE A MAN MADE OF LEGS. Hilda and Len can catch up later. I'll split the spoils with 'em.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2011, 11:05:24 am »

"Help help! These men were trying to assault me! Help! This drunk one lost all his money gambling and in his rage tried to violently molest me, and he saw you coming, and his accomplices fled, and, and, and, help! I'm so scared! He said he was going to strangle me and do horrible things! Please, stop him!" Start sobbing hard.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2011, 11:55:00 am »

Peek around for a few more unguarded bags o' potential loot.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2011, 12:57:36 pm »

Waitlist, pwease?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2011, 01:44:33 pm »

Waitlist, pwease?

Thou hast been waitlisted
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2011, 02:01:54 pm »

Run down the street and try to enter the sewers to lose them.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2011, 02:04:41 pm »

may I have a place on thy waitlist, milord?
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2011, 02:49:25 pm »

Turn 4 - Run and run

The Trio:
Run down the street and try to enter the sewers to lose them.

[1+1] You run and run searching for an entrance to the sewage system failing horribly, which causes you to wonder if there even are sewers in this city. It seems instead of finding the sewers, you found yourself a deadend, great. You have no other choice but to face your punishment. [1-1] Or not... Where the hell are the guards that just chased you? Well, you decide not to wait them and head for the... wait a minute, you never agreed for a meeting place if you get separated, didn't you?

"Help help! These men were trying to assault me! Help! This drunk one lost all his money gambling and in his rage tried to violently molest me, and he saw you coming, and his accomplices fled, and, and, and, help! I'm so scared! He said he was going to strangle me and do horrible things! Please, stop him!" Start sobbing hard.

The patrol quickly splits in two groups, one group chasing after Joshua, the other coming to you. You come to a conclusion that there's an experienced officer among these patrollers, but you still decide to act innocent, it never fails.[6+1] All of the guards fall for your trick, except the officer. Apparently he is a merciless judge in disguise. [6] The drunk finally notices you, as he seems to squint at you for a while and then he opens his mouth, yelling:

"Hey ya idiot watchman guys, that's my wife you're harassing." What a lifesaver. [1+1] The guards seem to be confused, exception yet again being the emotionless officer.

"I apologize to you, we assure you that these thieves will be brought to justice, and their belongings will be returned to their rightful owners." You are shocked to hear these words from the mouth of that stonefaced man. The guards take their leave, now all of them chasing after poor Joshua. The 'gambling drunk' winks at you slyly.

LEG IT LIKE A MAN MADE OF LEGS. Hilda and Len can catch up later. I'll split the spoils with 'em.

You start to run, occasionally watching behind your back to check if any of the guards are chasing you. You count that around half of the patrol followed you to this alley. [2] While focusing on counting the guards you stumble on a man sleeping right at center of this alley. Looks like a beggar. [2-1] To your surprise the guards can't catch up, their armor propably slowing them down. On a closer look it seems to hinder them so much that you have a good chance to escape successfully. It will propably take a while, but sooner or later the guards will definitely give this chase up.

Lonelyrider:
Peek around for a few more unguarded bags o' potential loot.

You start to scout for potential robbery targets and after a while [4] spot two moderately dressed men who look [4] wealthy enough for you to make some effort. The good news are that you saw the other guy buying some fish, and he definitely took the money from a bag hanging around his belt. The bad news are that this guy has a bodyguard. Then there is this other, similiarly outfitted man, but you haven't seen him buy anything. Getting another bag of rocks would greatly wound your pride, and propably make you paranoid.

Spoiler: micelus - Len (click to show/hide)

//If you are confused by the results of rolls, feel free to ask, I rolled player vs npcs in these escapes, also drunk vs guards roll spotted.

may I have a place on thy waitlist, milord?

Yesss... You are now part of THE lissst... Excellent.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD. Turn 4: Run and run
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2011, 02:53:29 pm »

Keep running. When I find a place to catch my breath, put on the feather hat in hopes of confusing the guards.

Jack, out of curiosity, are you reusing rolls for multiple situations? Like you have a 1-1 right after a 1+1, a 6 right after a 6+1, a 2-1 right after 2, and a 4 after a 4.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2011, 02:56:01 pm »

With the guards somewhat distracted, Len will try to steal some kind of jewellery, a hat, and some paint from the stalls.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2011, 02:56:09 pm »

Go after the second guy. Bodyguard would watch him like a hawk, and I like to minimize risks.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2011, 02:57:09 pm »

Jack, out of curiosity, are you reusing rolls for multiple situations? Like you have a 1-1 right after a 1+1, a 6 right after a 6+1, a 2-1 right after 2, and a 4 after a 4.

Wow... didn't even notice that, no I'm not reusing, some strange RNG just happened this time.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2011, 03:03:41 pm »

Get well away from the drunk if he seems violent-minded. Otherwise, accompany him home, responding to his amorous winks. Flee if at any point he seems to sober up, and ask him if we will be able to have a pleasant and uninterrupted (by servants, family, etc) night if he knows what I mean wink wink. Flee if it seems there will be other people in his house. As soon as we get in, smash him over the head with something solid to knock him out, and rob his home hard. And very quick. Concentrate on his office desk. But at all times safety first! Flee at the first sign of danger!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6