Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist shows dwarfs that don't exist in game.  (Read 1285 times)

pmts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Therapist shows dwarfs that don't exist in game.
« on: December 03, 2011, 12:37:33 pm »

Has anyone seen something like that? DF status screen shows me that I have 195 dwarfs, but DT says I have 202 of them. I also found dwarfs in DT that don't exist in game. They are neither children nor dead. I have both the newest DT (pulled from mercurial) and DF.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 12:43:46 pm by pmts »

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist shows dwarfs that don't exist in game.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 12:42:53 pm »

Are you refreshing the Therapist?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

pmts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 12:43:25 pm »

Yes.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 12:45:03 pm »

Hmm, I think I heard about this somewhere else. I think it may have be a bug. Have you tried exiting your fort, closing DT, then loading both back up?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

pmts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 12:46:12 pm »

Yup.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 12:49:36 pm »

i had the reverse: my captain was clearly alive and kicking, but he didnt show up in DT or the militairy selection screen, only in the census count
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 02:18:09 pm »

Have you had any of your children been kidnapped by goblins? If a child is kidnapped by a goblin DT will still show it as a viable dwarf in your fortress, however DF will not.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 02:22:01 pm »

They are neither children nor dead.

Emissaries from the Mountainhome, will show up.  Not sure why, but they appear to be there in Therapist sometimes.  Your children will show up too, if your using cheat mode.

Sincerely,
Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Plutocrat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 04:19:45 pm »

My children where sowing up by default, I had to manually hide them so I didn't accidently make them magma farmers

pmts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 04:21:54 pm »

Have you had any of your children been kidnapped by goblins? If a child is kidnapped by a goblin DT will still show it as a viable dwarf in your fortress, however DF will not.

This should not be the case considering one of the ghost dwarves is apparently a competent marksdwarf.

Plutocrat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 04:41:21 pm »

It might be a longshot but the therapist detects migrants well ahead of the herd. When the announcement  [some migrants have arrived] pops upI quicklyopen the therapist to see all 25 new migrants already added, well before they have even appeared on screen.