Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!  (Read 61907 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Night 3 - REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #465 on: January 18, 2012, 06:48:08 pm »

Bah.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 19, 2012, 07:35:11 am »

Fffffffffffuck the poh-lice!
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 19, 2012, 07:55:02 am »

Ohhello Irony

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 19, 2012, 11:09:32 am »

Okay, so I'm going back over my notes here to try and get perspective on who's left and what they are.

Dead players (5):
Toaster - Human Vengful Guard - DEAD
Orangebottle - Human Medium - DEAD
Jim Groovester - Human Psychic Warden - DEAD
Urist_McArathos - Hivemind - DEAD
Pandarsenic - Human Guardian - DEAD

Missing players (2):
Dariush - Human CE scientist - Missing
Leafsnail - Dopp CE scientist - Missing

Present players (9):
NUKE9.13 - Unknown race/role, but has some night action as MBP said D3 he saw NUKE visit him.

Urist Imiknorris - Human IS scientist - Must be the same species as Dariush, and is not a Dopp due to Leafsnail and Dariush both being missing at the same time. 

Jack AT - Claimed Heroic Guard - Inspected, but not confirmed, as human.

NativeForeigner - Claimed that Shark is "a killer of sorts".  Unknown race, but likely a Telepath.

Shark - Unknown race/role, but NativeForeigner stated he is "a killer of sorts".  Roles with killer goal: All flavors of Dopp, War Vet, Vigilante, possibly Mad Scientist, Exterminator, possibly Exterminator/Agent Operative?, Spore Spreader, Hivemind. 

Mysteriousbluepuppet - Unknown race - Claimed to see NUKE visiting him at night, which would possibly mean he's a Reporter or an IS Scientist. 

IronyOwl - Dopp, unknown role. 

Shakerag - Human Agent

Jokerman-EXE - Unknown race/role. 

Of the nine remaining players, three are Dopps, one is a Xenozoologist. 

So Jack A T, you "protected" two Dopps N1 and N2.  Leafsnail's fakeclaim stated that he scanned me as an alien Survivor (understandable, given that I was calling him out) and you as a "Human Guardian".  Obviously he wouldn't have cared if I believed his claim, but that was a pretty risky gamble trying to guess your race/role if he really wanted you to believe him.  Unless, of course, Leafsnail knew you'd show up as human to anyone else because you're the Dopp Leader.  Too bad you decided to bus him anyway. 

inb4WIFOM

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 19, 2012, 05:48:50 pm »

Bleh, been busy. Won't be able to post until the weekend. Goddamn classwork.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 19, 2012, 07:18:30 pm »

I protected Shakerag last night.

So Jack A T, you "protected" two Dopps N1 and N2.  Leafsnail's fakeclaim stated that he scanned me as an alien Survivor (understandable, given that I was calling him out) and you as a "Human Guardian".  Obviously he wouldn't have cared if I believed his claim, but that was a pretty risky gamble trying to guess your race/role if he really wanted you to believe him.  Unless, of course, Leafsnail knew you'd show up as human to anyone else because you're the Dopp Leader.  Too bad you decided to bus him anyway. 

Shakerag: WIF-

inb4WIFOM

...beat me to it.

So, um...how exactly is claiming that I protected two dopps supposed to help me when my plan is supposedly to bus Leafsnail?  I'm not sure how that ties in to the rest of my supposed plan.  Please explain.

In fact, I'm not 100% certain he's telling the truth about his role either.  Toaster was a doc, and someone other than Jack protected Jim last night ... three docs seems a bit on the unlikely side. 
This is bad, bad logic for Paranormal. Going back just two games ago (counting 19 and 19.5 as separate games)...Paranormal 19: 3 guards for 13 players.

Also, from the introduction posts (bolded for emphasis by me):

I've written a perl script to pick roles and whatnot randomly. It has some rules that it follows, but it should make for a nice amount of randomness to the set-up. Note that while I'll generally just go with whatever it spits out, I may make modifications to the set-up in order to make a more interesting game or to test out a specific feature. Also note that I will intentionally mess or not mess with stuff just to screw up anyone depending on the Gambler's Fallacy.

Note that the script NO LONGER restricts most roles to only one or two per side. Being able to use meta-game deduction to determine that someone must be town/scum breaks the game, so I've removed the aspects of the game that allow that.

Finally, I notice you gave absolutely no reasoning other than the unlikeliness of three docs against me yesterday when you said you were pretty certain I was scum.  And today, your reasoning appears to consist of "You protected two dopps.  Also, I bet you came up with a gambit to screw with Leafsnail's attempt to survive.  And my logic is WIFOM."  So...um...do you have anything else against me?  Because it feels like something's missing.

Finally, IronyOwl.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 19, 2012, 07:58:25 pm »

The Monitor
IronyOwl: Jack AT, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Shakerag, Urist Imiknorris

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 20, 2012, 01:03:21 pm »

IronyOwl for now.

Jack:

I think what he's trying to draw attention to is the fact that Leafsnail "guessed" your role, and you didn't refute him. This would be incredibly risky if he was guessing the role of a townsperson. So what do you make of that?

Yes, it could be WIFOM. Perhaps the dopps have some inspections on their side. That's more WIFOM anyway.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 20, 2012, 03:28:24 pm »

Meph, if you still need a replacement after Monday or Tuesday, I might be able to join. I am surprised that no one has offered!

In other news: I love Lisbon--it is a beautiful city. (Postcard-worthy, really.)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 20, 2012, 04:01:52 pm »

Thanks, Flandre! If no one else takes over for Shark by then I'll send you the Role PM!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 20, 2012, 06:50:05 pm »

I have just finished reading through the entire thread, and I realize now that this is going to be difficult to just jump into. What a convoluted mess! I hope I can be as engaged and on par with the rest of you if I do join. It looks exciting, in any case.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 21, 2012, 02:27:12 am »

I think what he's trying to draw attention to is the fact that Leafsnail "guessed" your role, and you didn't refute him. This would be incredibly risky if he was guessing the role of a townsperson. So what do you make of that?

Yes, it could be WIFOM. Perhaps the dopps have some inspections on their side. That's more WIFOM anyway.
I did try to refute Leafsnail.

Most likely reason for Leafsnail's action I can see is a combination of a dopp telepath inspecting me (thus discovering that I'm a protector of some sort) and the knowledge that there was a guardian out there causing scum to mistake me for a guardian, and Leafsnail deciding to try to get me on his side using that info.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 21, 2012, 03:14:47 am »

SO MUCH WIFOM
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 21, 2012, 03:09:17 pm »

Okay, so assuming Shakerag's human (which I'm pretty sure he is), there are five possibilities for the remaining two dopps: NUKE, Jack, Native, Shark/Flandre?, and Jokerman. MBP isn't on that list because he's the xeno. My second tracking device was planted on NUKE, and his N2 visit to MBP was the only time he went anywhere.

NUKE, you were uncharacteristically quiet D3. Any particular reason why? Who do you suspect?

Jokerman, why didn't you vote D1 or D2?

Mod: the thread title still says Night 3.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Day 4 - REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #479 on: January 21, 2012, 04:16:34 pm »

The Monitor
IronyOwl: Jack AT, Jokerman-EXE, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Shakerag, Urist Imiknorris

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40