Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!  (Read 62090 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Day 3 - REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #450 on: January 11, 2012, 03:33:10 am »

Has Leafy answered "Why kidnap another Doppelganger" yet?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 11, 2012, 08:10:53 am »

Yes, although I'm not really satisfied with his reason.  More later today, I'm at work.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 11, 2012, 12:28:59 pm »

Hmm.  I'd ask Jack if he'd watch my back tonight so I can get off another inspect, but after re-reading back through the thread I'm pretty certain he's on the dopp team.  In fact, I'm not 100% certain he's telling the truth about his role either.  Toaster was a doc, and someone other than Jack protected Jim last night ... three docs seems a bit on the unlikely side. 

Was there explicit information given as to the size of the dopp team for this game?  "Four" keeps popping into my head, but I'm not sure if I read that somewhere or if I'm just inferring it from the size of the game. 

Because Jokerman seems like the next most likely member of the dopp team after Jack to me.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 11, 2012, 12:32:55 pm »

Four dopps, as stated in the D1 intro.

What's your reasoning on Jokerman?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 11, 2012, 01:24:20 pm »

Actually I have a question for you Urist I.  You apparently tracked me to Toaster's house night one.

Why didn't you ask the "Xeno" to abduct me, someone who you had incriminating evidence against, last night?  Rather than just blind-firing an abduct at the guy who couldn't be an alien.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 11, 2012, 01:31:01 pm »

Four dopps, as stated in the D1 intro.

What's your reasoning on Jokerman?

Very low activity, latest posts appear to be defending Leafsnail and attacking you (chainsaw), Jim's observation that he's trying to rolefish. 

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 11, 2012, 02:27:25 pm »

The Monitor
IronyOwl: NUKE9.13
Leafsnail: Jack AT, Jim Groovester, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Pandarsenic, Shakerag, Urist Imiknorris, Urist_McArathos
Shakerag: IronyOwl
Urist Imiknorris: Jokerman-EXE, Leafsnail

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 11, 2012, 04:15:10 pm »

Actually I have a question for you Urist I.  You apparently tracked me to Toaster's house night one.

Why didn't you ask the "Xeno" to abduct me, someone who you had incriminating evidence against, last night?  Rather than just blind-firing an abduct at the guy who couldn't be an alien.

I saw the body double announcement, thought it was alien tech, and recommended to the xeno that he abduct Dariush instead. He probably thoght I was more certain of Dariush's doppness than yours.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 11, 2012, 04:24:50 pm »

And we're to believe that not only did you not bother to check the OP, but the Xeno who had already made a selection of techs (and thus must've checked the OP quite a bit to weigh up all the options) didn't either, and didn't remember that at the start of the game they couldn't choose a body double (a role that pretty much any alien would want to choose).  Or that the Xeno just blindly followed your (mistaken) lead for no reason.

Maaan.  People are pointing out the slightest bit of suboptimal play in my plan as if they are decisive contradictions, but you and your unnamed Xeno get a free pass for unbelievable idiocy.  I guess I should take this as a complement, but still.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 11, 2012, 04:31:17 pm »

You didn't actually read what I posted did you.

He probably thought I was more certain of Dariush's doppness than yours.

All I said to him was that Dariush was probably a better idea than you. And no I didn't read the OP, because I honestly was certain that the body double was alien tech. Didn't I tell Irony all of that earlier today?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 11, 2012, 04:50:47 pm »

Which is where
Or that the Xeno just blindly followed your (mistaken) lead for no reason.
Comes in.  You just said "Dariush" with no supporting argument and apparently he decided to do it?

I mean, did you even tell him about the apparently incriminating evidence you had on me?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 11, 2012, 08:13:03 pm »

The Monitor
IronyOwl: NUKE9.13
Leafsnail: Jack AT, Jim Groovester, Mysteriousbluepuppet, Pandarsenic, Shakerag, Urist Imiknorris, Urist_McArathos
Shakerag: IronyOwl
Urist Imiknorris: Jokerman-EXE, Leafsnail

The tally is done and it is clear that Leafsnail has failed to convince you that he is not a doppelganger. You drag him off to the hold where the last execution was done and Mysteriousbluepuppet picks up the rifle.

Leafsnail simply looks at all of you with a disgusted expression on his face. The blast from the rifle busts his head open, revealing complicated electronics in a fleshy shell.

"Seriously, another Body Double?!" Bursts out Jim. Where the hell do you people find the time to make these things? Let alone the materials?"

Since no one has a serious answer for that, you disperse and head off. It's going to be a busy night.

Night has fallen! Send in your actions.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Night 3 - REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #462 on: January 18, 2012, 05:36:22 pm »

You gather again, but many are missing this time. Leafsnail, Urist McArathos, Jim Groovester, and Pandarsenic all fail to show up.

Puzzled, you head off to see what happened to them.

Leafsnail’s room, perhaps unsurprisingly, gives no hints as to what happened to him. He is simply gone.

In Urist McArathos’ room, however, it is quite clear what happened. His body has been ripped to shreds, and a dark blue liquid is splashed everywhere. A type of blood, perhaps? The insides that remain certainly don’t appear to be human in any way. A search of the ship’s database reveals that he was probably a Hivemind. Which means that he was trying to take control of the ship. Perhaps the doppelgangers did you a favor?

Looking in on Jim Groovester and Pandarsenic show that both of them died in their beds, with no visible wounds. They may have been controlled by the Hivemind, since the death of a Hivemind is known to kill all those that it controls.

Looking over Jim’s room you find a candle, a length of chain, and several manuals describing an order known as the Psychic Wardens. You can’t make out most of it, but it seems he had the power to prevent others from doing anything for a while.

Pandarsenic’s journal shows that he was acting as a Guardian for the ship, trying to keep the Doppelgangers from killing everyone. Pity he couldn’t have done more.

Much to do, still. There are still doppelgangers on this ship, after all, and they did not kill the Hivemind as a favor to you.

Day 4 has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Monday.

Sorry for the delay folks. Things have been crazy lately and unfortunately that keeps impacting this game. :/
Come play Mafia with us!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 18, 2012, 05:39:11 pm »

>:(

IronyOwl. Dopps, you die now. Shakerag, your results better be helpful.

More after class.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 18, 2012, 05:56:17 pm »

So.  Yeah.  A little surprised to be alive today. 

IronyOwl, of course. 

I inspected Jack A T, and got back that he appears to be human.  Of course, he could be a Dopp leader or have a holoform modulator of some sort, but I can't verify that on my own. 
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40