Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!  (Read 61958 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Day 3 - REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #390 on: January 08, 2012, 01:18:52 pm »

Oh my goodness.

This is amazing.

Now then. A question, Leafsnail: Why did you agree to release Urist? What was your plan, exactly?
Long Live United Forenia!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 08, 2012, 02:19:50 pm »

I choose a 2 use scanner as my tech option.  Night 1, Shakerag came up as an alien Survivor (I didn't abduct him night 2 since I thought I might be able to work with him later in the guise of a doppelganger).  Night 2, Jack AT came up as a human Guardian.
Leafsnail: First, it's called a Xenozoologist, not a Xenobiologist.  Second, this part of your claim is bullshit, though you came close.  I'm not a Guardian.  I'm a Heroic Guard.  I guarded you N1, and Irony N2.

Nice fakeclaim.  Now die.

Now I'm curious. What was your plan set?
I'll explain after tea and breakfast.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 08, 2012, 02:23:11 pm »

First thing that seems jarring to me, is why you would switch the dopp you have in your possession. You get to choose which one you keep, and releasing the dopp ( that know your identity ) is stupid on survival related reasons. If you really are the xeno, you just released a dopp who know your identity back in the wild. However you think of it, Xeno is basically a survivor with a twist.You need to survive ( at least) 4 days to win, and giving you identity like that is basically asking to lose.
...Huh?  You seem to be completely ignoring the prospect of simply working with the dopps.  Considering that I would effectively give them an extra kill every night for 3 nights.  When I go, I remove 4 non-dopps and 1 dopp.  That's a perfectly good deal for the dopps and for me (I win, they win).

If it is dopp mudslinging, then when you flip we have 2 very exposed dopps. 
That's why I accepted the deal - I didn't think there'd be a way for them to betray me without damaging themselves.  However, it seems that a) Urist I has managed to make a deal with Shakerag and b) They have some combination of roles (think Mind Control Ray) that mean they don't care about being exposed.

A question, Leafsnail: Why did you agree to release Urist? What was your plan, exactly?
Kidnap 2 townies.  Kidnap Shakerag.  Win.  Cooperation with the doppelgangers would free me from the prospect of being killed by them in the night, and since "one nondopp kill per night" outweighs getting one dopp back, they wouldn't have any reason to betray me unless they had some really odd selection of roles (which it seems they do).

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 08, 2012, 02:43:43 pm »

Leafsnail, care to explain why you ignored Jack claim  ? Find your little story harder and harder to follow

Also Meph, Changed my vote for Leaf, just to make sure in case we got swing votes or the likes.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 08, 2012, 03:02:39 pm »

Right.

Having looked over it, it seems highly unlikely that Leafsnail is telling the truth.

Nevertheless, if he is, it'd be better to keep him around- if the dopps are going to that much effort to get a member back, we don't want them to succeed.

Therefore, we must lynch IronyOwl. If he flips dopp, we know leafsnail is a safe lynch. If not, we know that Imiknorris and co have just tried to pull off one of the craziest gambits I've ever seen.
Long Live United Forenia!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 08, 2012, 03:20:56 pm »

Second, this part of your claim is bullshit, though you came close.  I'm not a Guardian.  I'm a Heroic Guard.  I guarded you N1, and Irony N2.
Oh boy modulators too.  Whatever, guess this is even worse than I thought.

Leafsnail, care to explain why you ignored Jack claim  ?
I was in a hurry to leave so I bashed the post button.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 08, 2012, 03:45:03 pm »

IronyOwl: Okay, an explanation: If neither or both people claimed kook, I'd have gone with my default Leafsnail vote, and given Irony to the xeno.  One kook/one non-kook, though, would have changed things.  I would have gone for the kook-claimer originally.  Then I realized that that wouldn't have helped anything, and would've gone for the non-kook claimer, to confirm or deny the agent.  Then I started thinking about everything, got confused, thought about going for the kook claimer as obvious scum, found holes which I can't quite remember, and then gave up, confused. 

NUKE: Oh, right, you're here now.  I still want an answer.  Got it?

Oh boy modulators too.  Whatever, guess this is even worse than I thought.
Leafsnail: So, you think I'm an alien of some sort.  Which one, then?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 08, 2012, 05:08:19 pm »

Hivemind, unless an Exty isn't killing.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 08, 2012, 05:20:45 pm »

Hivemind, unless an Exty isn't killing.
I hoped you would say that.  So, why the fuck would I sacrifice my life (and thus the lives of the entire cult, in the Hivemind case) to see you die?  If you were telling the truth, you would flip Xenozoologist, and prove to everyone that I'm lying about my claim.  Thus, I would clearly be a lying alien, which I do not see as advantageous in any way.  Especially seeing how both of your possibilities involve me being a third party that is a threat to the dopps.

Basically, as far as I can tell, your case against me depends on me being a lying alien who is sacrificing my chance to win just to kill you.  Yeah, I'm not quite that stupid.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 08, 2012, 06:16:42 pm »

I'm not sure what you're trying to convince me of.  I know you're an alien.  There's no point in stressing the WIFOM of your actions to me.  In any case, you're wrong about it being suicidal - I'm not town.  I will not flip town.  As such, even when I flip Xenozoo the town wouldn't take everything I've said to be true since I have no motive to help the town at this point.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 08, 2012, 06:46:04 pm »

<insert sighing here>

Okay, you do have a point about your non-town nature.  A small point.

So, basically, I would have to hope that people think that you were lying about your inspections in order for me to survive.  Because I would have decided to lynch the person who called me a townie, with a claimed inspect backing it up.  Because that's clearly a move that would help the cult survive.  And, of course, I'd be doing all of this with the knowledge that you flipping Xenozoologist would lend some credibility to your inspection, and (more importantly) make my entire case against you look dumb at the very least, and somewhat scummy.  Right...

I'm not sure why I would ever do something that stupid/risky, but let's ignore the stupidity of that move for a second.

Why did you "inspect" the people you "inspected"?  Is there anyone you think I converted?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 08, 2012, 07:23:47 pm »

So, basically, I would have to hope that people think that you were lying about your inspections in order for me to survive.  Because I would have decided to lynch the person who called me a townie, with a claimed inspect backing it up.  Because that's clearly a move that would help the cult survive.  And, of course, I'd be doing all of this with the knowledge that you flipping Xenozoologist would lend some credibility to your inspection, and (more importantly) make my entire case against you look dumb at the very least, and somewhat scummy.  Right...
Am I to believe that you've never heard of WIFOM?  Reaaaally?

Why did you "inspect" the people you "inspected"?  Is there anyone you think I converted?
I inspected Shakerag because he had some of the most amazingly passive play I had ever seen.  Inspecting you was part of the deal with Urist I.  I had no problems with it because I had pretty much no read on you at all.

I'm guessing you probably have converted someone since you're a hivemind, but I'm not sure why I should know or care who.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 08, 2012, 07:59:37 pm »

Am I to believe that you've never heard of WIFOM?  Reaaaally?

Oh, I've heard of it.  And I know this is wine-filled.  I'm just having a lot problems understanding how these actions could possibly be beneficial to me if I actually was a hivemind.  Saying this as someone who has temporarily revived his enemies just to convince them that I'm town, I just don't know why I would ever do something this risky.  Something that would get me a lot of hostile attention tonight/tomorrow.  Attention like inspections (killing me tomorrow), kills (killing me tonight), blocks (keeping cult from getting stronger), and other such bad things.  At some point, a plan just gets too risky to use.

Mephansteras: Just to be clear, is it possible to change the role/race shown by a permanent holoform modulator after the first use?

Leafsnail: Can you tell us exactly what the deal you claim to have made with Urist Imiknorris is?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 08, 2012, 08:15:31 pm »

I inspected Shakerag because he had some of the most amazingly passive play I had ever seen.  Inspecting you was part of the deal with Urist I.  I had no problems with it because I had pretty much no read on you at all.

How did you make the jump from Jack denying your claimed inspection to Jack being an alien? What made you (or me apparently) want to inspect Jack? And if, as you state, I'm a dopp and Shakerag and Jack are aliens, why would three nontown fakeclaim (inviting us all to be lynched "when" you flip Xeno) just to get rid of you, especially considering that the fakeclaims would be extremely obvious if successful and dopp!Dariush would get lynched too because if I'm a dopp, he's a dopp?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 08, 2012, 08:16:53 pm »

So, to count, in order for Leafsnail to be what he claims,

Dariush and Urist Imiknorris are dopps,
Shakerag is a survivor,
and Jack A T is some other kind of alien.

Looks like a fakeclaim, smells like a fakeclaim, etc.

Leafsnail, let's ignore that you're desperate lying scum for a second. Why did you abduct Urist Imiknorris and Dariush? If Urist Imiknorris is a dopp, then what were you hoping to get out of abducting Dariush?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40