Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!  (Read 61951 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Day 3 - REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #375 on: January 08, 2012, 01:20:02 am »

For IronyOwl, it was this post here.  Something about that post rubbed me the wrong way, and I had been feeling that OB was town during D1.  So I was watching who was voting him and why.  That post seemed chainsaw-y, and gut feeling said to inspect.
Shakerag: Why did you feel that OB was town?

For Leafsnail, this post here made me want to inspect him. 
Why?

Yes, that is correct.  I knew IronyOwl was a dopp.  I was afraid that if I had voted for him, that would draw attention to me and make me more likely as a NK-candidate.  So I figured that I would just poke around elsewhere, keep a low profile, and see what IronyOwl was doing D2, as that might help me pick my N2 inspect. 
So...wait, you were so scared of dying that you refrained from trying to deal with the known dopp/kook.  Because oh no you might die.  Please tell me you have reasons beyond "I'm so scared of dying I won't do anything".  Just...please.

Leafsnail, IronyOwl: Before I solidify my day plan, I want to know one thing: are either of you kooks?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 08, 2012, 01:25:08 am »

There are too many consistent claims for Leafsnail not to be a dopp. Imiknorris and Shakerag both fakeclaiming would be suicidal at this stage of the game.

IronyOwl, how much bullshit are you going to call before you vote somebody? How about you quit talking big and make a stand with a vote.

Leafsnail, IronyOwl: Before I solidify my day plan, I want to know one thing: are either of you kooks?

If either of them were kooks they should've claimed it the moment the inspect results came out.

Why are you throwing softballs to Leafsnail and IronyOwl? Scumbuddies much?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 08, 2012, 01:30:43 am »

If either of them were kooks they should've claimed it the moment the inspect results came out.

Why are you throwing softballs to Leafsnail and IronyOwl? Scumbuddies much?
I agree about the kook claiming ASAP, but I'm just making sure.

I'm going to be voting one or the other.  A Kook claim just determines who to lynch tonight, and who to leave for the Xenozoologist.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 08, 2012, 01:33:17 am »

EBWODP: And no, I'm not explaining who I would vote if one claimed kook or both claimed or neither claimed.  Not before I get my responses.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 08, 2012, 01:58:21 am »

No.

IronyOwl, how much bullshit are you going to call before you vote somebody? How about you quit talking big and make a stand with a vote.
Yeah, fair enough. Shakerag.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 08, 2012, 03:37:26 am »

Unvote. It would be twelve stupids for the Dopp team if Leafsnail was town.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 08, 2012, 04:30:25 am »

I've been thinking about my plan, and I'm seeing too many holes/flaws in it to make it worth using.

Thus, I shall default to my no kooks choice: Leafsnail.  Lynch him today, let the Xenozoologist take Irony, and we'll continue from there.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 08, 2012, 04:43:37 am »

Now I'm curious. What was your plan set?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 08, 2012, 11:07:40 am »

I'm not a kook.  I would have claimed day one if I was.

I guess I've been pretty much betrayed to the max here.  Serves me right for trusting Urist I, I suppose.I'm the Xenobiologist, and I abducted dopps both nights (Urist I then Dariush, of course).  I really thought that the dopps would be inclined to work for me since I bring them far closer to lylo, but it seems they've found a better option.

I choose a 2 use scanner as my tech option.  Night 1, Shakerag came up as an alien Survivor (I didn't abduct him night 2 since I thought I might be able to work with him later in the guise of a doppelganger).  Night 2, Jack AT came up as a human Guardian.

My guess is that Urist I realised that his full dopp team + Shakerag + whatever lylo breaker his team might have would result in a victory if he lynches me today.  So he decided to betray me and got in contact with Shakerag after he was released.  Then he lynches me, Dariush comes back to the game and the dopps win.  Good game I guess, guys.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 08, 2012, 11:12:00 am »

Fakeclaim. Xeno, Claim.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 08, 2012, 11:28:04 am »

Actually, that would be a terrible idea. You want him to counter-claim so your buddies will know who to target to get Irony back.

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 08, 2012, 11:32:53 am »

I guess if you left it any longer your second Xeno's lack of claim would begin to look weird.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 08, 2012, 11:56:51 am »

Either option is plausible, actually.

If Urist I is telling the truth, then we lynch Leafsnail and Irony disappears in the night.

If Leafsnail is telling the truth, then we lynch Urist I and Leafsnail abducts someone else in the night.

Weighing the options: if Leafsnail is telling the truth, then we know Dariush and Urist are scum. That's two of the four (three? Maybe depending on power roles, I think.) dopps in the game identified, one of whom is already removed. That means we only have to find two others - shouldn't be too hard.

The same is true if Urist I is telling the truth. Irony and Leaf would be removed, leaving only two dopps to find. The only thing that strikes me is that with this path, we haven't got the Xeno revealed.

This means: if Leafsnail is lying, we lynch him and Irony - two kills, or one kill and one remove, whatever. And if Urist is lying, then we lynch him and...well, that's it. We don't have any of his partners.

In that spirit, my vote goes on Urist I. Something doesn't seem quite right here, and I would rather my vote be on the one providing less information. You don't have to reveal the Xeno, Urist, but I don't have to move my vote either.

PPE: Yup. Besides, even if the dopps killed your partner and got Irony back, then Irony would just be lynched the next day, no?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 08, 2012, 12:18:24 pm »

Nuke i still want to hear from you (on your night visit) but for now Leafsnail is Doppy.

First thing that seems jarring to me, is why you would switch the dopp you have in your possession. You get to choose which one you keep, and releasing the dopp ( that know your identity ) is stupid on survival related reasons. If you really are the xeno, you just released a dopp who know your identity back in the wild. However you think of it, Xeno is basically a survivor with a twist.You need to survive ( at least) 4 days to win, and giving you identity like that is basically asking to lose.

Rather, if Urist is town, then the Xeno got a good reason to let him go; Explain his offer to the town (remove a dopp early, giving town a much better chance of winning, in exchange for not being persecuted). Adding to that, the fact that both Shakerag and Urist identified you as scum is telling. If it is dopp mudslinging, then when you flip we have 2 very exposed dopps. 

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 08, 2012, 12:47:46 pm »

The Monitor
Leafsnail: Jack AT, Jim Groovester, Pandarsenic, Shakerag, Urist Imiknorris
NUKE9.13: Mysteriousbluepuppet
Shakerag: IronyOwl
Urist Imiknorris: Jokerman-EXE, Leafsnail

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40