Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!  (Read 61930 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Stalkers in Space - Day 1
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2011, 04:28:43 pm »

EBWOP: Unvote.
I suppose it makes sense since you're not calling me scum, but at the same time you don't seem to be doing anything at all other than defending your question.  As in, generally not voting or pressuring anyone is a bad thing.

Hmm.
Interesting.

Shark. Are you town?
I can really feel you trying to end the RVS you hate so much by asking RVS type questions after the RVS has finished.

And doing nothing else.

I asked the question because I wanted to know if he would claim immediately to avoid being targeted by town roles, or if he wouldn't claim and let a few townies die for the chance of scum also dying. AKA I wanted to know how he would use it.
So, yes and no.
I'm not sure if I even need to point out that this is information that the mafia would be a lot more interested in than the town.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Stalkers in Space - Day 1 - REPLACEMENT requested
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2011, 04:47:34 pm »

As you guys can see, how i've only made one post, it turns out that i'm not really in to this mafia game for some reason. I'm just finding it boring. I have no motivation and it would be much better for the game if I was replaced. Sorry about this, I don't know why this just isn't fun for me, despite that I've had fun with previous games here.

I'm requesting a replacement, if possible.
This strikes me as a tactical decision. Thus, I'm all in favor of lynching your currently inert shell.

Dariush, how'd you miss this?

Orangebottle, who do you currently suspect? Have you given up on going after wine users?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2011, 05:19:02 pm »

Unvote
Orangebottle
: Does it really not seem problematic to you that your logic appears to be "It's okay for me to rolefish, because he can bullshit me," ignoring that the same thing would make him a danger to every town role? Are you attempting to make him endanger town roles?
I asked the question because I wanted to know if he would claim immediately to avoid being targeted by town roles, or if he wouldn't claim and let a few townies die for the chance of scum also dying. AKA I wanted to know how he would use it.
So, yes and no.

You're not looking more townlike by saying this, mang.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2011, 06:01:11 pm »

EBWOP: Unvote.
I suppose it makes sense since you're not calling me scum, but at the same time you don't seem to be doing anything at all other than defending your question.  As in, generally not voting or pressuring anyone is a bad thing.
I've used pressure today, asked questions, and hunted a bit. Do I really need to be voting someone constantly to be effective? It sounds pretty ridiculous to me.
So, yes and no.
I'm not sure if I even need to point out that this is information that the mafia would be a lot more interested in than the town.
Apparently you do, because I don't understand. Both have a great deal to lose from their power roles targeting a PWV.

Orangebottle, who do you currently suspect? Have you given up on going after wine users?
What? When did I go after wine users this game? I was scumhunting Dariush, and I don't remember any wine there.
As for my suspects, NUKE and the(now-absent) Shark.

I'm supposed to care? That's new.

I can really feel you trying to end the RVS you hate so much by asking RVS type questions after the RVS has finished.
I agree with Leafsnail here, NUKE. What did you intend to accomplish with that question? Why don't you scumhunt instead of sitting there with your thumb up your ass? Your vote is sitting on Shakerag for what appears to be no reason, and I'm pretty sure the only reason you went by unnoticed is because of me arguing with leafsnail.

Shark wanted to lynch me because I asked for a replacement and because I was giving Dariush a hard time. Since he asked for a replacement, I'm left wondering why Shark cared so much about Dariush's well-being. Dariush, do you have any ideas?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2011, 06:14:44 pm »

EBWOP:
That's news*

Also, I forgot that I'm a bit more suspicious of Dariush now, because of the reasons at the bottom.
My Sig

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2011, 06:43:18 pm »

Orangebottle, what is this? The instant people begin to vote you, instead of explaining yourself and why you did it, you just "bow out". If you're tired of mafia, then why did you even sign up? We're barely leaving RVS on day one. If you're just going to ragequit questions thrown your way, then you should hang or get a replacement.

This is a funny quote.

In any case, have it your way. Shark.

Unvote
Orangebottle
: Does it really not seem problematic to you that your logic appears to be "It's okay for me to rolefish, because he can bullshit me," ignoring that the same thing would make him a danger to every town role? Are you attempting to make him endanger town roles?

How is this different than any other RVS question?

Man, I sure hope you have original arguments that you're not just borrowing from Leafsnail.

Shark. Are you town?

Hi, scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2011, 08:28:38 pm »

Orangebottle: My bad, wrong game.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2011, 01:07:56 am »

The Monitor
NUKE9.13: Orangebottle
Orangebottle: Jack AT, Leafsnail, NativeForeigner, Pandarsenic, Shark
Pandarsenic: Shakerag
Shakerag: NUKE9.13
Shark: Dariush, IronyOwl, Jim Groovester, Urist Imiknorris, Urist_McArathos
Urist Imiknorris: Toaster
Urist_McArathos: Mysteriousbluepuppet

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 01:21:07 am by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2011, 01:10:41 am »

MOD:I'm voting for NUKE.
My Sig

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2011, 03:23:47 am »

Orangebottle: So basically, your question is not rolefishing because people can lie?  That's...wow.  Also, what exactly were you trying to get with that question?

This looks like a lazy bandwagon.

I have a hard time figuring out what your case is, other than you're just agreeing with Leafsnail for the sake of agreeing with Leafsnail.
I saw Orangebottle as the scummiest player at the time (and still do), and I like voting for people I consider likely to be scum, whether the reasoning originated from me or not.  Simple as that.  And no, I'm not agreeing with Leafsnail just because I feel like agreeing with Leafsnail.

Jim: You spend a lot of time jabbing at people for bandwagoning, but that's just under half of your solid post-RVS content today. What are your own thoughts on Orangebottle?

I will admit it was a bad example.
Imiknorris: Can you give us a better example, then?

Orangebottle: So basically, your question is not rolefishing because people can lie?  That's...wow.  Also, what exactly were you trying to get with that question?
Essentially. I was trying to figure out how Leafsnail would use the PWV role. It lets me learn a bit about how he thinks.

Orangebottle: So, basically, you're saying your intention was for it to just be an ordinary RVS question.  Okay.  I can see that being done.  The problem I have is your reaction to the idea that it might be rolefishing.  Essentially, the possibility of lying doesn't make a question suddenly not rolefishing, or usable for rolefishing.  For example, take the question "What action did you take last night?".  Yes, the response may be a complete and total lie, but that doesn't change the fact that the question is blatant rolefishing.  Under your logic, however, the possibility of lying makes the question a non-rolefishing question.

Do you see the problem now?

Pandarsenic: Any specific reasons why?

Extend.  With the time as it is, I won't have time to post tomorrow at all if there isn't an extension.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2011, 03:24:41 am »

EBWODP: Remove extension request.  Misread day end time as Monday instead of Tuesday.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2011, 03:33:05 am »

Orangebottle: So, basically, you're saying your intention was for it to just be an ordinary RVS question.  Okay.  I can see that being done.
Yup.

The problem I have is your reaction to the idea that it might be rolefishing.  Essentially, the possibility of lying doesn't make a question suddenly not rolefishing, or usable for rolefishing.  For example, take the question "What action did you take last night?".  Yes, the response may be a complete and total lie, but that doesn't change the fact that the question is blatant rolefishing.  Under your logic, however, the possibility of lying makes the question a non-rolefishing question.
Do you see the problem now?
Sometimes I amaze myself.
I was stating my opinion on why I think rolefishing is useless, for some reason.
So, yeah, totally get why that question was rolefishing. It was entirely unintentional rolefishing, though.
My Sig

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2011, 04:31:22 am »

This looks like a lazy bandwagon.

I have a hard time figuring out what your case is, other than you're just agreeing with Leafsnail for the sake of agreeing with Leafsnail.
I saw Orangebottle as the scummiest player at the time (and still do), and I like voting for people I consider likely to be scum, whether the reasoning originated from me or not.  Simple as that.  And no, I'm not agreeing with Leafsnail just because I feel like agreeing with Leafsnail.

Oh, you find him scummy, do you?

Maybe you could explain just exactly what it is you find scummy about him. You see, that's what I wanted when I said that I had a hard time figuring out what your case is.

All I see you saying is that Orangebottle was rolefishing, which is an accusation I don't agree with and I suspect you for so readily agreeing with it.

Jim: You spend a lot of time jabbing at people for bandwagoning, but that's just under half of your solid post-RVS content today. What are your own thoughts on Orangebottle?

He has a shitty day game that lots of people are taking advantage of right now.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2011, 09:41:11 am »

First off, this comes across more as overly cautious play.  You're taking a softball question and make an accusation of rolefishing (scummy, since the only thing he could divine is your faction, not your specific role) while dodging the answer at the same time.  Town, scum, and third parties are all going to claim to be vanilla town, and give some variant of the typical "I plan to hunt scum and live" spiel everyone gives.

Why are you so afraid of telling us how you plan to win as town?  Don't want us to be able to tell when you're violating your own strategy so we can't bust you for it?  Or are you so wrapped up in your plans as scum you see a potential scumslip behind every post and refuse to even answer an easy RVS question?

Also, avoiding RVS is somewhat anti-town.  The entire purpose is to get the scumhunting started.  If you don't like it, make like NUKE and do something outrageous or unorthodox to move things along.  Come up with your preferred alternative to RVS, and try it.  What you do not do, EVER, is come out and say you're going to lurk until something interesting happens.  Lurking and waiting on others is scummy because it does nothing to help town at all.

You're making this too easy, Shark

If you already know what every faction is going to claim to be/do/say, then why is it a huge deal to you what Shark says? Do you need him to feed you what you just claimed to know was a lie, just to satisfy your sense of rightness?

I disagree that avoiding RVS is a scummy move. I don't think I really need to explain that, but if I do then let me know. I'll make sure to use my extra-large Comic Sans to explain it to you.

Overall, this feels like a bandwagon with shaky reasoning at best. You're the fourth vote on Shark, so you must be convinced of his scumminess and be ready to lynch him, right? Because vote four isn't a pressure vote in almost any case.

I don't need nor care what his plans are; to me, everyone is scum until proven otherwise.  It's a "huge deal" because his reaction to an otherwise simple and soft question was evasive and scummy.  "How do you plan to win?" is a pretty vague and simple RVS question: his response was to not answer the question and accuse Imiknorris of rolefishing.  That's a serious accusation to pull out of a mundane RVS question.

You're cherry-picking my attitude about RVS.  Refusing to participate in RVS is only scummy, to me, if you refuse to do anything in place of it as well.  The entire point of RVS is to get discussion and scumhunting going.  If you don't like it, you can still agree that something needs to get discussion and hunting going.  Blatantly stating your intent to lurk and do nothing to help town until you find something you can conveniently jump on is the attitude of someone waiting for a mislynch to gather momentum.

It's early in the game, and Shark's the scummiest player to me so far.  Am I ready to lynch him?  No, but the day isn't over yet.  I'm certainly willing to if he stays the scummiest, and I'd argue a fourth vote is a damn strong pressure vote since it provides that much more incentive to get your act together and respond.  Of course, now that he's asking for a replacement I'm strongly considering unvoting him.  It's hard to get answers from someone not here, and his replacement can hand-wave away my suspicions by arguing he's not Shark and doesn't know why Shark said that, etc.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40