Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!  (Read 61853 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!
« Reply #570 on: February 03, 2012, 09:08:11 pm »

Wow! Fun game! Sorry I missed it. Great to see a town victory, congrats! Nice play by humans and aliens alike - shame 'bout that cult, though.

Also, 16 players, and no kooks!? I'm sure wuba would like to take credit for that. Heheh.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 03, 2012, 09:10:42 pm »

Reading back, it was a good choice. Would have been a pretty short game if i'm discovered N1 by scum.
Hey, scum wouldn't off you.  Since you take out 4 nonscum in exchange for 1 scum.  Taking the scanner might have let you actually find the people you had to abduct rather than making abductions that hurt you and the dopp team.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 03, 2012, 09:21:37 pm »

Actually, if we'd found out you were an alien and then noticed the abduction, we'd probably have leaned towards realizing you were a xeno, which, as we later concluded, meant you weren't worth killing. I doubt we would have outright offered a deal, but if so allying us would have been pretty much ideal for you; I mean, in addition to being more coordinated and interested in finding (and removing) town power roles and other aliens, we were the main threat in terms of your wincon (and indeed, we accidentally borked it for you).

In short, your modulator might have cost you the game. :P

Of course, even aside from that serving town like that was a bad idea. You'd probably have lost even if we hadn't knocked off the only other alien.

Ninja'd: That too.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 03, 2012, 09:28:47 pm »

Still, id rather be on my own term rather than be at the mercy of scum. Especially if i abduct dopp early on. Also, that remove the other problem, capturing town and them pinning to get you lynched so they can get back some of their people.

Anyway, the real problem was that i only had 1 choice of alien, and i did not get lucky before he got offed.

PPE

I don,t see it as a serve. Removing the threat of lynch is good, getting free protect would be too. Once i had the alien, would have been plenty easy to jsut ask town psychic to pm me, seeing as i'd remove a powerless dariush, a telepath, a dopp and a hivemind. Remove the threat of a growing cult right there. If he was a survivor, then a little lie and i'd be off. Then also, Urist was streaming me countless good info, and allowed me to do a very convincing fakeclaim.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 03, 2012, 10:09:35 pm »

Ah, now that it's over (hopefully I'm allowed to post this - feel free to correct me if I am wrong), congrats, town! You all did well, and it was fun watching the game progress. n.n
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 03, 2012, 10:23:07 pm »

We didn't all do well.
And yeah, you can post once the game is over.

Edit: which is now.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 03, 2012, 10:29:30 pm »

We didn't all do well.
And yeah, you can post once the game is over.

Edit: which is now.

I think so. You all had different strategies in proving you were town, and they clashed a bit; but in your own way, if it had been the right scenario, your strategies were fine. Of course, you know the game far better than I. For all I know, this could have been a very, very inept game. If it was, then I definitely need to figure out why before I join my own in the near future.
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 03, 2012, 10:31:53 pm »

You're going to be "at the mercy" of anyone who knows what you are, so I'm really not sure how going with town avoids that issue. It does avoid town wanting you dead quite so much, but again, being found out and lynched probably isn't your biggest concern.

I'd call it a serve because you didn't get anything in return- they didn't promise you a dopp, they didn't agree to volunteer a psychic for you, and they certainly wouldn't have postponed a lynch to give you time to search for or try to abduct something. They also had zero reason to help you along in order to get rid of your abductees, because those are already gone and scum probably isn't going to want to waste a kill letting them back in. You basically just said "I'll help you and then maybe hopefully you'll decide to help me in the future, even though there's usually no reason to."

I'd definitely call that "serving" more than "allying" or "working together with."
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:33:24 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 03, 2012, 11:45:45 pm »

You're going to be "at the mercy" of anyone who knows what you are, so I'm really not sure how going with town avoids that issue. It does avoid town wanting you dead quite so much, but again, being found out and lynched probably isn't your biggest concern.

I'd call it a serve because you didn't get anything in return- they didn't promise you a dopp, they didn't agree to volunteer a psychic for you, and they certainly wouldn't have postponed a lynch to give you time to search for or try to abduct something. They also had zero reason to help you along in order to get rid of your abductees, because those are already gone and scum probably isn't going to want to waste a kill letting them back in. You basically just said "I'll help you and then maybe hopefully you'll decide to help me in the future, even though there's usually no reason to."

I'd definitely call that "serving" more than "allying" or "working together with."

Except no. the whole point was that i'd find the alien and then get the psychic. It's not so complicated, if i am to ally with town, and the game wont end if i can still win it, i have no reason to catch a psychic  town player before getting an alien. If i had captured Arathos and they refused to give me a psychic,then lynch me, the hivemind and a dopp would have been released. night arrives, lose 1 to cult, lose 1 to dopp, probly lylo. Sure is a good idea. I am riding them of 2 dangerous roles, at the cost of 2 townies (1 of them useless, too), it's hardly a bad trade for town.

Actually, what you dont seem to understand is that the whole point of a Xeno is to survive long enough to find all you need. I weighed my choices. Between keeping hidden + safety against lynch vs being know to people that can betray or simply Nk at wish, the choice is rather easy.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 04, 2012, 04:43:37 am »

BlurghblarghIlost.

At least my abduction really helped in finding dopps.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 04, 2012, 12:19:31 pm »

You lost? Weren't you, you know, town?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 04, 2012, 01:36:25 pm »

Wasn't I, you know, carried off to another galaxy for experiments?!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 04, 2012, 01:38:17 pm »

I'm more worried I hope that the aliens will decide that the universe is better off without humans, based on your behaviour.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 04, 2012, 01:45:50 pm »

If dead townies can win, I fail to see why abducted ones can't.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 04, 2012, 01:46:59 pm »

I'm more worried I hope that the aliens will decide that the universe is better off without humans, based on your behaviour.
Sooner or later I'll return from there and rip your eyes out. Through your brain.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40