Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Game Over!  (Read 61858 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Day 5
« Reply #525 on: January 28, 2012, 01:55:36 am »

EBWOP: I am stupid. I just realized that Jokerman is indeed very likely to be our final dopp:

Quote from: OP
Abduction: When a player abducts another player, two things happen. First, the abducted player is role-blocked for the night.

Native probably made the dopp kill last night but was blocked by the abduction attempt. Note to self: Stop thinking when I start second-guessing myself.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 28, 2012, 02:06:32 am »

We have a whole weekend to wait until the day is over. I suppose I should pitch a tent at the gallows and wait it out. Heh.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 28, 2012, 04:14:03 am »

I find it interesting that you're trying to throw doubt on Shakerag when it is MBP who has confirmed you as a dopp.

Why should I throw doubt where it doesn't and shouldn't exist?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Paranormal Mafia 20 - Day 5
« Reply #528 on: January 29, 2012, 05:06:49 pm »

The Monitor
NativeForeigner: Jack AT, Mysteriousbluepuppet, NUKE9.13, Shakerag, Flandre, Urist Imiknorris

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 29, 2012, 05:53:26 pm »

Just food for thought:

Okay, and what makes Shake town? Or is that just Flandre? Mass-betrayals aren't exactly out of the question. There have been a fair share of scum employing unexpected tactics. The fact that they're unexpected is what makes them so effective.

Well, given that I've claimed Human Agent and have gotten three dopp results ... It would be fairly far-fetched to try and claim that I'm going to actively bus all three of my scum partners. Even for an "unexpected tactic".

Shakerag, it is theoretically possible that you could have bussed all of them as a doppelganger. It would have been risky, certainly, but the dopp reads you have drawn from your claimed Agent ability could very well have been knowledge intrinsically granted to you as a doppelganger. Even in light of this possibility, there was absolutely no reason dire enough on the first day to turn on your fellow doppelgangers, so the idea is sketchy, at best.

I hope that made sense.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 29, 2012, 10:20:20 pm »

Well fuck. I was hoping that it would be possible to go through the game without having to claim Kook, but it's true that I am.

My goal, over several games of Paranormal, has been to see if there is a possible way to play as a Kook without having to claim it. Mostly this relies on chance - not being inspected. People always argue over this point and I took it on myself to try and determine the most efficient, town-friendly course of play.

Next: NativeForeigner. I'm a Guardian, and last night I was going to defend Native (no real reason, but I figured we have enough guarding roles so I went with random) but according to my flavor message, I "could not find him." So Urist's claim seems pretty solid to me.

Just food for thought:

Okay, and what makes Shake town? Or is that just Flandre? Mass-betrayals aren't exactly out of the question. There have been a fair share of scum employing unexpected tactics. The fact that they're unexpected is what makes them so effective.

Well, given that I've claimed Human Agent and have gotten three dopp results ... It would be fairly far-fetched to try and claim that I'm going to actively bus all three of my scum partners. Even for an "unexpected tactic".

Shakerag, it is theoretically possible that you could have bussed all of them as a doppelganger. It would have been risky, certainly, but the dopp reads you have drawn from your claimed Agent ability could very well have been knowledge intrinsically granted to you as a doppelganger. Even in light of this possibility, there was absolutely no reason dire enough on the first day to turn on your fellow doppelgangers, so the idea is sketchy, at best.

I hope that made sense.

Why so much WIFOM? What's the point behind this post?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 30, 2012, 02:07:53 am »

Jokerman: Who were your previous defense targets?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 30, 2012, 08:04:40 am »

Jokerman: I know that it is WIFOM. It is not a case for or against him being scum, but as speculation into another possibility. I am not inferring which chalice has the poison-- only that either one of those two are.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 30, 2012, 08:07:23 am »

Ugh. Has it. Not are. I hate posting on phones...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 30, 2012, 11:27:04 pm »

The Monitor
NativeForeigner: Jack AT, Jokerman-EXE, Mysteriousbluepuppet, NUKE9.13, Shakerag, Flandre, Urist Imiknorris

NativeForeigner seems silent as you drag him off to the hold. He is, perhaps, resigned to his fate. Jokerman picks up the rifle when you enter and Native's life is ended with a sharp blast.

The body slumps to the ground, and after a few minutes it begins to change. Features melt away, and fingernails sprout into long claws. A Doppelganger, to be sure. After investigating his room, you find evidence that he had been trained as a Telepath. You shudder at the thought of that...creature...rummaging around in your mind.

But it is late, and you need rest. There is still a doppelganger out there.

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Night 5
« Reply #535 on: February 01, 2012, 01:11:54 pm »

Just as an FYI for everyone, I have all of the actions from everyone and am trying to find the time to do the write-ups. Work is kind of crazy right now, though, so it may not be until later tonight or even tomorrow morning before I have the next day started. Sorry about that.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Night 5
« Reply #536 on: February 02, 2012, 01:07:57 am »

You all show up the next morning. Hard to say what that means at this point, but you all seemed pretty relieved to be there.

Day 6 has started. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Monday.
Come play Mafia with us!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 20 - Day 6 arrives peacefully
« Reply #537 on: February 02, 2012, 01:12:56 am »

Quickly posting before homework/Thief Gold/sleep: Tried to protect Shakerag.  Got blocked: tingly sensation, everything went black, and I woke up in bed.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 02, 2012, 02:54:57 am »

Human result on NUKE.

Jokerman-EXE

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 02, 2012, 09:23:26 am »

Quickly posting before homework/Thief Gold/sleep: Tried to protect Shakerag.  Got blocked: tingly sensation, everything went black, and I woke up in bed.

Caused by me. Jack human.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40